Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting the run around on new Malibu?

bennekm

Malibu is building 10 boats a day. they are trying to go to 12 boats a day. they have no problems building boats they are running a bit behind on some venders. like what was said back pages ago. the boat industry as a whole took an extreme hit!!! alot of venders and dealers have gone out of business. this is why malibu bought Titan and this is why we have the new G3 tower. Sorry for your short summer season. please feel free to take a trip down to the south here in Texas where we have 9 months of boating and about 3 months of crazy cold but not to cold boating. :rockon:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bennekm

• Keeowee

• WakeGirl

• Ndawg12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke with Malibu on Friday...they told me production currently is 9 boats a day and they are maxed. Part of the constraint is the molds...they only have 2 23' molds, so they can only make 2 23's a day...which is one of their most popular boats. Apparently there is a large backlog and the reps are meeting in CA this week to sort through the production schedule to prioritize sold boats. Spray dates will then be set. I'm hoping mine is in April....please please please.

He also said something I haven't seen here...the California plant is essentially shut down and Tenn is building the boats(about 7-8 a day).

Old news. If you haven't searched, then that would be why you haven't seen it mentioned. Merced has been shut down (production-wise) for some time now.

Just to clarify...the dealership has been doing everything they possibly can to try to get this rectified...calling the rep at least 1-2x per week. They get the same answer...the order is in the system but it hasn't been scheduled. I was skeptical about this, that is why I contacted Malibu directly and got the same answer. Since this post, I was contacted by Adam at Malibu and was told that they would be able to indicate when my spray date is next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they come back with something that is in the next 4 weeks. I do not disagree with the fact that they might not know exactly how supplier delays impact the production schedule, however setting appropriate expectations from my perspective is necessary. Providing the answer of I don't know a month after someone has put money down (Especially as the season is rapidly approaching and you have fluke days that hit 80+ degrees) just isn't the right way to run a niche business that revolves around a few of us nut cases that are willing to spend 2-3x what we spend on our cars (that we use everyday) for a boat that in my case I probably only use 15-20x per year. So please, for any other people in my situation....be up front, indicate there are delays if that is the case, and communicate. A best guess is much better than I don't know. Buying a custom order new Malibu should be a great experience for the consumer. That has not been my experience to date. However, I know when it finally comes (Assuming I haven't missed any of my season), I will quickly forget about all of this.

I'm a happy boy! Just got a call and the boat will be ready to be picked up at the dealership mid-May! Thank you everyone that assisted!

I'm a happy boy! Just got a call and the boat will be ready to be picked up at the dealership mid-May! Thank you everyone that assisted!

Congrats bennekm!!! :thumbup:

Have you been working with Mike or Aaron at SkipperBud's?

Congrats bennekm!!! :thumbup:

Have you been working with Mike or Aaron at SkipperBud's?

Both Mike's..they'e been great to work with.

Old news. If you haven't searched, then that would be why you haven't seen it mentioned. Merced has been shut down (production-wise) for some time now.

Was that necessary?