Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Introduction...Boat Bling

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hot Sauce

• Sunsetter95

• Bobby Light

• Malibuzer

Used the Hot Sauce for the first time this weekend and was very impressed!!

But Patrick, I have a question..... Earlier in this thread there was mention of using a vinegar and water mix to accomplish the spot removal. The draw back to this is that it removes the wax eventually right? Which your product claims not to do, correct? But I have to say, it sure smells like there's vinegar in it. The next day after wiping down the entire exterior of the boat, my hands still slightly smell like vinegar and the towel that was used totally smells like vinegar. Does the Hot Sauce product have vinegar in it? If so, what stops it from removing the wax as discussed earlier in this thread?

TIA

Good question actually. While part of the answer to this is proprietary, I'll try and answer your question with some detail. There is no raw 'vinegar' in the Hot Sauce. The water spot removing element of the Hot Sauce can be found in Vinegar, but we don't mix vinegar, because of the reason you mentioned, stripping the wax. The percentage of this element in the product is less than 5%, very low. This product took nearly 4 years to refine and ensure that the water spots would be removed, wax protectant would be left behind, but possibly most importantly, its a simple one step spray on, wipe off without any haze or streaking. When we worked to develop this product as well, we tried about 20 different types of wax protectants. The cross blend we use of light silicon and polymers works well to provide the water protection but most importantly, not be too weak to be overtaken by the hard water spot removing elements. The Hot Sauce has a berry scent added to it. We actually tried to change it to a pina colada scent during the development stages and the elements of that scent changed the results of the product - made it streak. The product was carefully thought through and designed, and so far (9 years - 4 years of development and 5 years of us selling it) it continues to amaze.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, plesae feel free to ask.

Is the hot sauce safe for Stainless steal and for the rubrail?

Yes, its great on stainless steel, chrome and safe for the rubber or metal rubrails as well.

Patrick, I also live in the Phx area, NW Phx. I have a '95 Sunsetter, as my name states, that I have brought back from the haze of oxidation when I bought it. I am very interested in this product also. Both interior and exterior. I just finished doing a spring polish and would like to get some of this on the glass before we go out again.

Patrick, I also live in the Phx area, NW Phx. I have a '95 Sunsetter, as my name states, that I have brought back from the haze of oxidation when I bought it. I am very interested in this product also. Both interior and exterior. I just finished doing a spring polish and would like to get some of this on the glass before we go out again.

Excellent - we ship all of our worldwide orders from 67th ave and L101 in Glendale, AZ. You can pick product up there or we can arrange to meet anytime. Feel free to contact me at 800-846-4899 and we can chat about the best products for you and arrange to get them to you. I'm thinking the PRO Sauce wax (which helps remove oxidation and prevent it) will be a great base coat for you and then the Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce will be the basics for you throughout the season.

Thanks,

Patrick

Excellent - we ship all of our worldwide orders from 67th ave and L101 in Glendale, AZ. You can pick product up there or we can arrange to meet anytime. Feel free to contact me at 800-846-4899 and we can chat about the best products for you and arrange to get them to you. I'm thinking the PRO Sauce wax (which helps remove oxidation and prevent it) will be a great base coat for you and then the Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce will be the basics for you throughout the season.

Thanks,

Patrick

Holy crap, I live right there! Where is your place so I can go pick some up? What hours?

There is no more oxidation on my boat. I got the shine back into it the first year I had it. I usually give it a light cleaning buff each year but I do that mainly to get the hard water spots off that were left from the previous season. It would be nice to just clean it with this product.

Edited by Sunsetter95

Thank you Patrick! I'll be taking advantage of the group deal shortly!

Good question actually. While part of the answer to this is proprietary, I'll try and answer your question with some detail. There is no raw 'vinegar' in the Hot Sauce. The water spot removing element of the Hot Sauce can be found in Vinegar, but we don't mix vinegar, because of the reason you mentioned, stripping the wax. The percentage of this element in the product is less than 5%, very low. This product took nearly 4 years to refine and ensure that the water spots would be removed, wax protectant would be left behind, but possibly most importantly, its a simple one step spray on, wipe off without any haze or streaking. When we worked to develop this product as well, we tried about 20 different types of wax protectants. The cross blend we use of light silicon and polymers works well to provide the water protection but most importantly, not be too weak to be overtaken by the hard water spot removing elements. The Hot Sauce has a berry scent added to it. We actually tried to change it to a pina colada scent during the development stages and the elements of that scent changed the results of the product - made it streak. The product was carefully thought through and designed, and so far (9 years - 4 years of development and 5 years of us selling it) it continues to amaze.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, plesae feel free to ask.

Holy crap, I live right there! Where is your place so I can go pick some up? What hours?

There is no more oxidation on my boat. I got the shine back into it the first year I had it. I usually give it a light cleaning buff each year but I do that mainly to get the hard water spots off that were left from the previous season. It would be nice to just clean it with this product.

PM Sent with the top secret pickup location :) Any other locals in Phoenix, let me know and we can arrange pick up or delivery.

Thanks,

Patrick

PM Sent with the top secret pickup location :) Any other locals in Phoenix, let me know and we can arrange pick up or delivery.

Thanks,

Patrick

Picked up some yesterday and gave the QS a try when I got it home. I like the way it goes on. Spreads nicely and comes off easily. I also used the VS on the bow seat backs for a quick try. Very nice... very easy! Great products.

See you on the lake!

Picked up some yesterday and gave the QS a try when I got it home. I like the way it goes on. Spreads nicely and comes off easily. I also used the VS on the bow seat backs for a quick try. Very nice... very easy! Great products.

See you on the lake!

Excellent - look forward to seeing you out there.

Thanks again,

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone...its great to be a part of your Malibu Community. I spoke with Ronnie this morning about the Boat Bling product line and will work to get a special site buy or special in the very near future. I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Here's a few highlights about me and our company:

I grew up in Phoenix AZ and fell in love boating at an early age and became a huge fan of Malibu Boats. Every boat dealer in Phx knew me from the age of 10...I called them all :) In 1995, my family bought a brand new Malibu Echelon LX. Now, 15 years later and 1500 + hours, we love it as much today as the day we bought. It can be seen most of the time at Barlett Lake in north Phx/Scottsdale. I've met many Malibu execs over the years, taken a tour of the Malibu factory in Merced twice and even had Paul Singer (Malibu SVP Sales) write an article about me when I was 15 years old. I was helping sell Malibu's at the Phx Boat show...what can I say, they are an easy sell :) And when I found out that Marine Max would not be selling Malibu anymore, as a college student I tried to open up the new Dealership in Phoenix. In the end, it ended up with Paradise Watersports which is (was) a great dealership for the Phx area with awesome people.

In the past 5 years, I've become a big fan of performance boats and built a custom 2006 DCB Mach 26 as well. Now I have a fast boat...and a ski boat. Best of both worlds. The DCB does have Boat Bling stickers on the side, so if you see me at Powell, Havasu, Local AZ lakes or even Lake Mead, make sure to say hi!

Boat Bling was founded by myself and a great friend/mentor in 2004. These products were tested by us for two years before bringing them to the market in 2006. There were even products that we tested and tested and they just didn't make the cut to include them in our 'premium detail products' lineup. We have Tshirts made that include a product called 'Soap Sauce' which never was introduced. We expect the best and know that you do as well. We have a growing network of dealership and have even expanded into Europe and currently working on a network in New Zealand and Australia. We are moving forward and growing beyond our belief, but as evident with my call today with Ronnie - I still take and make virtually every call for Boat Bling. We value your business and have not and will not remember our roots -- the Customer.

There are a lot of good products out there and I'm very honest and open...I will be happy to answer comparison questions, techniques or recommendations. I know many of the competitors and the leadership teams of those companies as well, many I consider friends.

Also, just an FYI - our web designer is working currently to solve a shipping issue on the site that has been identified. This should be corrected shortly.

If there is anything I can do for you or any questions you have, please let me know. I'll check in here regularly and can be reached at 800-846-4899 or [email protected].

Thanks and look forward to talking with you all.

Patrick

HAY PATRICK I TWO HAVE A FAST BOAT AND A 06 VLX MY OTHER BOAT IS A HOWARD 28 BULLET I LOVE YOUR PRODUCT AND USE IT ON BOTH OF MY BOATS HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU PM ME AND MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP IN HAVASU THIS SEASON I LIVE THERE NOW SEE YOU SOON SAY HI TO TOM CRUISE FOR ME ALSO

HAY PATRICK I TWO HAVE A FAST BOAT AND A 06 VLX MY OTHER BOAT IS A HOWARD 28 BULLET I LOVE YOUR PRODUCT AND USE IT ON BOTH OF MY BOATS HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU PM ME AND MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP IN HAVASU THIS SEASON I LIVE THERE NOW SEE YOU SOON SAY HI TO TOM CRUISE FOR ME ALSO

Stop YELLING! Be kind, turn off the cap lock.

Oh, and welcome.

Thanks! Tom and I hope to get out there a few times in the Fall for some boating. The days of going every weekend to Havasu are long gone for me, but the two years where I did was a ton of fun! I love the Howards...check out their new 28 Sport Cat - its going to be really sweet!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Patrick

Patrick,

I am very interested in using your products, but I have a couple areas that need to get rub marks out from the cover. How should I get those back to the original gel coat sheen? I have been using the vingear and water which has been awesome for getting the spots off, but I am concerned I have remvoed all of the wax too.

I need to buff a little. What product?

I need to restore the wax I may have removed. What product?

What should I use on a weekly basis after that?

I will get you an order shortly once I know the steps I need to take.

Thx, Dave

Thanks! Tom and I hope to get out there a few times in the Fall for some boating. The days of going every weekend to Havasu are long gone for me, but the two years where I did was a ton of fun! I love the Howards...check out their new 28 Sport Cat - its going to be really sweet!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Patrick

ya i was with mike on the new 36 bullet for desert storm poker run o that boat is sooooo nice makes me want to sell my 28 im such a v bottom guy lrts talk soon killa v out

Patrick,

I am very interested in using your products, but I have a couple areas that need to get rub marks out from the cover. How should I get those back to the original gel coat sheen? I have been using the vingear and water which has been awesome for getting the spots off, but I am concerned I have remvoed all of the wax too.

I need to buff a little. What product?

I need to restore the wax I may have removed. What product?

What should I use on a weekly basis after that?

I will get you an order shortly once I know the steps I need to take.

Thx, Dave

Great questions:

I would recommend our PRO Sauce Cleaner Wax for both one and two. This is simple to use, easy to apply by hand or buffer, and better yet easy to remove. This product will remove light scratches, light oxidation yet provide you with 4-6 months of solid wax protection with a show finish. Consider it a 'liquid compound' with 'paste wax.' After you have it cleaned up and waxed, in the future can you even use our Quickie Sauce (pure wax but lighter than the PRO Sauce and sprayable) to wax those few spots where the cover rubs. I have the same issues with my cover in spots and wax those spots frequently to keep them from getting 'fabric' burn or wearing the gel continually.

After the wax is laid down, just the Hot Sauce for the rest of the season and you should be great. This will take the spots off as good or better than vinegar and water yet add a simple wax protectant. As for the interior, just the vinyl sauce to wipe down with a damp micro fiber towel after each trip and you should be great.

Just FYI - Love your boat. I'm a sucker for nice 'Bling' trailers and love the triple axles on the 247s. They say 'you don't need them' but I say YOU DO :)

Thanks,

Patrick

ya i was with mike on the new 36 bullet for desert storm poker run o that boat is sooooo nice makes me want to sell my 28 im such a v bottom guy lrts talk soon killa v out

If you ever get ready to sell your boat - call me! I know multiple people that might be all over it. Nothing like the ride I experienced in your boat with Mike driving - just insane. I couldn't even breathe for about 3 seconds due to the acceleration...they said 'its normal' :)

See you soon!

Great questions:

I would recommend our PRO Sauce Cleaner Wax for both one and two. This is simple to use, easy to apply by hand or buffer, and better yet easy to remove. This product will remove light scratches, light oxidation yet provide you with 4-6 months of solid wax protection with a show finish. Consider it a 'liquid compound' with 'paste wax.' After you have it cleaned up and waxed, in the future can you even use our Quickie Sauce (pure wax but lighter than the PRO Sauce and sprayable) to wax those few spots where the cover rubs. I have the same issues with my cover in spots and wax those spots frequently to keep them from getting 'fabric' burn or wearing the gel continually.

After the wax is laid down, just the Hot Sauce for the rest of the season and you should be great. This will take the spots off as good or better than vinegar and water yet add a simple wax protectant. As for the interior, just the vinyl sauce to wipe down with a damp micro fiber towel after each trip and you should be great.

Just FYI - Love your boat. I'm a sucker for nice 'Bling' trailers and love the triple axles on the 247s. They say 'you don't need them' but I say YOU DO :)

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks for the info and the compliment on the trailer.

I will give you a call to order!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever get ready to sell your boat - call me! I know multiple people that might be all over it. Nothing like the ride I experienced in your boat with Mike driving - just insane. I couldn't even breathe for about 3 seconds due to the acceleration...they said 'its normal' :)

See you soon!

patrick, funny you say that...... im selling my 02 28'bullet if you no of anybody call me 805-501-2443

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got back out on the water and I used the Hot Sauce when we got it home. We wiped most of it down in the dark so the next day I went over the places we missed. Spray on and wipe it off. It is that easy... and it doesn't smell bad either like vinigar does.

I have to say I am very impressed.

I finally got back out on the water and I used the Hot Sauce when we got it home. We wiped most of it down in the dark so the next day I went over the places we missed. Spray on and wipe it off. It is that easy... and it doesn't smell bad either like vinigar does.

I have to say I am very impressed.

Great to hear. Anytime you need more, contact me or stop by our shipping location :)

Thanks again!

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick,

On behalf of the NorCal WoW group of TMC, I'd like to say thank you very much for your contribution to the boat owner's swag.

Pete

• 9 months later...

Depending on inventory, absolutely!

Thanks and we'll be in touch soon.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Any more distributors in Canada? Calgary, Alberta?

Cheers

Brad

Hi Patrick,

Any more distributors in Canada? Calgary, Alberta?

Cheers

Brad

Brad - shoot Trent a pm (Malibuzer). We are getting together a big order! No product in Calgary to my knowledge. There is a shop in Vernon that carries the product ( I think).

Patrick,

Ordered some Hot sauce and some Vinyl sauce today after reading all of the positive feedback. Looks like a great product. I just wanted to give a shout out for themalibucrew marketing machine for their ability to sell your product. I :thumbup: looking forward to testing your product. weather outlook in SW Missouri this weekend 91 deg and partly sunny. That is crazy for this time of year I am scrambling to get things ready.

CB