Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I feel like today was my first day oof boat ownership...

boardnxtx

I remember as a kid we would go to baja and we had a little 16' no name boat. My dad would back the truck down the ramp and me and my sister would be asleep in the back as they launch the boat. On more than one occassion I awoke to my mom screaming at my dad where is the plug as she was bailing out the boat. Good times. Needless to say that is one thing I havn't forgotten yet with my own boat.

As I was reading this I totally got the visual.....too funny :rofl:

I remember as a kid we would go to baja and we had a little 16' no name boat. My dad would back the truck down the ramp and me and my sister would be asleep in the back as they launch the boat. On more than one occassion I awoke to my mom screaming at my dad where is the plug as she was bailing out the boat. Good times. Needless to say that is one thing I havn't forgotten yet with my own boat.

I think I might do this just for kicks, and watch my wife freak out.

"Where's the plug???"

"It's in your pocket!" (while it's cupped in my hand). "No, the other pocket! The OTHER one! Stop messing around, you're going to sink the boat!". Then hop in and put the plug in.

I think I might do this just for kicks, and watch my wife freak out.

"Where's the plug???"

"It's in your pocket!" (while it's cupped in my hand). "No, the other pocket! The OTHER one! Stop messing around, you're going to sink the boat!". Then hop in and put the plug in.

are you prepared for the perfect pass to malfunction :whistle: the next time she is dragging you through the course?

are you prepared for the perfect pass to malfunction :whistle: the next time she is dragging you through the course?

Or her searching out every boat wave while you're barefooting? :whistle:

MB,

I know you are joking, but someone may actually try this. So those of you considering it... :no:

Like was mentioned before, with the water rushing in it's difficult to put the plug in. Maybe have a backup plan.

If your wife drives for you, she knows more about boats than mine...but unless the engine cover is open it may take her an awful long time to even realize the plug is not in.

I'd do it in the rowboat or something, not the BU.

Public Service announcement over.

Edited by jk13

:( That most definitely was not comedy. :cry::no::cry: That was injury. :( Oh, and it was the boat I was attempting to stop...the truck was parked.

I should have let it hit the truck. :yes: Tailgates are cheaper than wrists.

Still, it gave me a good laugh. :lol:

If your wife drives for you, she knows more about boats than mine...but unless the engine cover is open it may take her an awful long time to even realize the plug is not in.

Kinda side tracking the thread a bit for a second.....

I had a tough time teaching my wife much of anything in the boat. At some point we figured out that if your sleeping with her, it doesn't work as well to be her teacher too. So a buddy of mine has done all our teaching. Showed her how to use PP, how to open the hatch & the engine cover to check for rushing water, how to check the rearview mirror to make sure your driving a straight line, etc. It's really worked out well. And now she's a better driver & handles even some sticky situations better than most guys. :rockon:

\hijack off

Kinda side tracking the thread a bit for a second.....

I had a tough time teaching my wife much of anything in the boat. At some point we figured out that if your sleeping with her, it doesn't work as well to be her teacher too. So a buddy of mine has done all our teaching. Showed her how to use PP, how to open the hatch & the engine cover to check for rushing water, how to check the rearview mirror to make sure your driving a straight line, etc. It's really worked out well. And now she's a better driver & handles even some sticky situations better than most guys. :rockon:

\hijack off

Bill you've got large onions to post that :biggrin: The possibilities to rip on you about this post are endless :biggrin:

Or her searching out every boat wave while you're barefooting? Whistling.gif

MB,

I know you are joking, but someone may actually try this. So those of you considering it... No.gif

Like was mentioned before, with the water rushing in it's difficult to put the plug in. Maybe have a backup plan.

I'd do it in the rowboat or something, not the BU.

Public Service announcement over.

Definitely joking, I'd never take that chance. Not that she'd hate me and get even, (she has her ways, but it's all good) but I simply wouldn't jeopardize the boat. She's VERY good with the boat operations, so good that in 2 seconds before I'm even out of the truck the odds are she'd be on plane heading out for a lap to clear the launch while I park. I can find better ways to mess with her (ways that don't endanger my important stuff).

Perfect Pass? Maybe someday. For now it's old school throttle all day!