Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter Color Schemes

jeremyk

Be careful picking colors off I-spec. While the colors are generally good for giving you an idea, they can't come out exactly the same on every monitor/screen. We had colors nailed down, then went to the factory, looked at our pre-selections on actual boats, and didn't like it at all. Factory tour was great for getting colors picked, and for getting swatches of interior. Plus it was cool to see how they get made.

By the way, there is a long running poll on this forum about teak vs. fiberglass. Last time I looked, it came out remarkably close to 50/50.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremyk

• skyskier

• wakeboy

• cwkoch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love white and moonbeam. If I had to do it over again, I would do mostly white or moonbeam with light graphite accents.

I absolutely love my family's boat! We've got the classic scheme all white with moonbeam accents.

SNV30407.jpg

SNV30493.jpg

Interior:

DSCN2947.jpg

I wondered though how the alter ego of our boat would look like.. I came really close to an all black classic scheme exactly the same as ours. But black where the white is, and Vapor Blue where the moonbeam accents are.. Maybe the next malibu, whenever that is!

Edited by Blindside_137

I wondered though how the alter ego of our boat would look like.. I came really close to an all black classic scheme exactly the same as ours. But black where the white is, and Vapor Blue where the moonbeam accents are.. Maybe the next malibu, whenever that is!

There is an all black CC Nautique on www.onlyinboards .com. It looks cool, But you know it is a B#%&H to clean. The interior is also black, Solid black....... all i could think was "good luck selling that one".

very true, and dealing with the summer heat even the white interior and exterior can get hot... schorching hot. Don't even want to think about how summer would be like on an all black boat..

But I swear that Black and Vapor Blue would look downright BADA** Rockon.gif haha

Guys the concern about keeping a black boat clean is really unwarranted. I've got partially dark grey interior and it does get hot but usually have a towel on it anyway so in the end not that bad, the grey floor otoh is too much at times when it's 112+.

If you are already wiping your boat down with a spray detailer at the ramp, keeping a black boat looking sharp is not much different than a lighter color. I gave my white boat a buff n wax once a year. The black boat needs it twice.

Here is a photo of my vapor blue on black; I like it.

Edit to add: Nicvtx and Blindside_137, the reuben/ebony and the all white really are great color choices; sharp looking boats.

IMG_0097.jpg

Edited by Kingfish

Here are a couple of pics of ours. White and Ebony with a Regal pinstripe.

2009Q1248.jpg

Wanted to keep the interior as light as possible without having white diamond grain, so we went with light graphite.

2009Q1268.jpg

Are you serious? Teak platforms are very high maintenance, they have to be sanded and oiled every year. I had one once and never again.

I had fiberglass on last boat and wanted teak on this one......fiberglass, once damaged is expensive to fix, teak yes u have to oil or oil and sand once a year however alot more forgiving...

neighbor had a teak one on his wakesetter and it sold me after 5 years...however it is work...

Wanted to keep the interior as light as possible without having white diamond grain, so we went with light graphite.

2009Q1268.jpg

What interior colors did you go with? It looks like white and graphite but then I see you say that you didn't do white. I'm confused.

I am in the process of trying to pic a color scheme for a 2010 23 LSV and am having a creative block. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on choosing colors for all the different Hull and Deck components as well as the interior components? Any pictures of boats with a really cool scheme that you love? I'd also like to keep in mind resale down the road and not get too crazy. But I also don't want to be just another clone of every other Bu on the lake.

Have you narrowed down your choices at all? I am interested in hearing if this thread has helped or if it has just thrown a bunch more into the mix. What are you thinking of going with?

Have you narrowed down your choices at all? I am interested in hearing if this thread has helped or if it has just thrown a bunch more into the mix. What are you thinking of going with?

We have. As much as we like it we have ruled out the Orange/White combo. We think that would be to personal and would affect resale down the road. So far we are leaning to a white and Reuben combo, all black or black and white, black and vapor blue or a white and midnight blue color. This thread has definitely been helpful in seeing pros and cons to different colors as well as what others like and where they are using main colors vs accents.

We have. As much as we like it we have ruled out the Orange/White combo. We think that would be to personal and would affect resale down the road. So far we are leaning to a white and Reuben combo, all black or black and white, black and vapor blue or a white and midnight blue color. This thread has definitely been helpful in seeing pros and cons to different colors as well as what others like and where they are using main colors vs accents.

Red is awesome, my boat is white and red - not sure if it is reuben or the other one but it looks good. White will be easier to keep clean and looking new but black definitely has the cool factor behind it right now. Vapour blue is awesome too. If resale is one of the main factors in choosing your colour and you are planning on selling within the next few years I'd lean towards black. Then again there are a ton of black boats out there right now - partially because the wakesetter looks really good in black.

What interior colors did you go with? It looks like white and graphite but then I see you say that you didn't do white. I'm confused.

Interior colors are: White base, white M-grain, light graphite diamond grain, regal bead, regal/ebony dash

The orange and white would resale great in Knoxville TN.