Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion XS Tower Hoop

G-Mack

IIRC the low ride option is about 4", so no it's probably not going to be helpful unless removing the garage door molding and the low ride option make it fit. With a foot needed probably not going to make it. Otherwise removal of the hoop is the only real alternative. Is wider better....lol not in this case... W/ the low ride option the rise in my driveway creates a situation that I must come in at an angle to avoid scraping the prop guard. I bet we could start a construction company solely to modify garages to make recreational vehicles fit....Thumbup.gif

Mdude,

If you get this construction company started, put me down as a customer. For what I'm paying in storage fees, I could have modified the garage already! Cry.gif

My dealer lowered my standard Extreme trailer by readjusting the spindles. My 09 VLX with the XS hoop removed fits under a 7' door.

Terry

Terry, could post any pics of the re-adjusted spindles? Or even a general how to? I'm only a a couple of inches from fiting my boat in the garage, and this may do the trick.

Terry, could post any pics of the re-adjusted spindles? Or even a general how to? I'm only a a couple of inches from fiting my boat in the garage, and this may do the trick.

Hey Woody,

Here is a pic of my boat with the readjusted spindles, I don't have any pictures of the spindles and the boat is at the dealer getting some warranty work done. Look at your spindles and see if they are on splined shafts, I'm not sure if they were doing splined shafts in 05. If they are splined all you have to do is remove the bolt that tightens around the spline, pull the spindle off and rotate it the same amount of grooves on each spindle. You just have to watch how low you go or you will rub on the fenders.

Terry

IMG_0797.jpg

Hey Woody,

Here is a pic of my boat with the readjusted spindles, I don't have any pictures of the spindles and the boat is at the dealer getting some warranty work done. Look at your spindles and see if they are on splined shafts, I'm not sure if they were doing splined shafts in 05. If they are splined all you have to do is remove the bolt that tightens around the spline, pull the spindle off and rotate it the same amount of grooves on each spindle. You just have to watch how low you go or you will rub on the fenders.

Terry

IMG_0797.jpg

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Started the design of an adapter between the tower and the hoop that will allow the hoop to swing down after pulling a pin. Should have a prototype in about 4 weeks (hopefully)

• 3 months later...

Started the design of an adapter between the tower and the hoop that will allow the hoop to swing down after pulling a pin. Should have a prototype in about 4 weeks (hopefully)

Ever make any progress with this?

• 3 years later...

• 6 years later...