Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is your dealer open 7 days a week?

Alibuma

Is your dealer open 7 days a week?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is your dealer open 7 days a week?

• 5 days / week
    • 6 days / week
    • 7 days / week

Let's see here I work at one of these dealereships. We are closed on Sunday. We used to (in the summer) be open 12-4 on Sunday. It cost more to open, then the revenue it brought in. Plus at that point I'm now working for the whole summer straight.

You get weekends off so you can relax and hang out with friends and family. I would like that too.

so you have 48hrs to have fun. All I get is 24 and you want me to have less. :thumbdown:

Would you folks that would like 7 day a week service like to pay more money for your boats?  It costs a business a lot more money to be open 7 days a week.  You have to have a service manager, parts manager, and sales people that want to work weekends.  You need someone designated to manage these people.  The labor costs are extreme for the dealership, and you will probably have workers that are less qualified than workers from weekday shifts. The auto dealers in our area are not open on Sunday and their sales volume would dwarf a boat dealership.  It just isn't practical to be open 7 days a week for all businesses.

Bill

True True, hard enough to find good service managers and mechanics ... not to mention dealing with laying people off in the winter (which kills your unemployment insurance).

If your boat breaks on Saturday are you really going to trailer it in right then? Plus, even if you can get it in, your boat will be in line (i.e. your not getting it back on Sunday).

Food for thought, some of our wives tip the hairdresser at Christmas ... when you put your boat away this fall think about giving a gift (tickets to a game, dinner gift certificate) to the tech or service manager who helps you with your boat ... next year when you go to get it summarized you will be amazed at how fast you are back on the water, and when you have little problems you might even get it checked out quicker.

Food for thought, some of our wives tip the hairdresser at Christmas ... when you put your boat away this fall think about giving a gift (tickets to a game, dinner gift certificate) to the tech or service manager who helps you with your boat ... next year when you go to get it summarized you will be amazed at how fast you are back on the water, and when you have little problems you might even get it checked out quicker.

Sort of like giving the matrede' a 20 spot to get a faster seat?

Couldn't agree more. My dealer bent over backwards to make the sale as easy as possible. To show my appreciation, when they delivered the boat they were not allowed to leave until we drank a few beers.

Our hours is

Monday Closed (or by appointment)

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9-6pm

Thurdays 11-7pm

Saturdays 9-3pm

We make a point of being flexible, and will open after hours if need be. As Zach said, it makes no sense to be open on Sundays.. you lose money if you are.

My dealer is open 7 days during the summer- closed on Sundays during the off season. They just rolled back their hours this weekend.

When you run into a problem, it's most likely going to be on the weekend. I've dropped the boat off for unexpected service needs on Saturdays & once on a Sunday. I can tell you that it's great to be able to take it directly from the ramp to the shop.