Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft X-25

skurfer

Yes they are, but

quick search on craigslist......

Malibu Wakesetter, 08, 17hrs loaded, 48k

Mastercraft X-star, 08, hours not given, loaded, 67.5k

so that's about a 20k difference for somewhat of an equal type boat.

I guess its not much...... Dontknow.gif

Your digging yourself a hole. All that tells me is MC holds value better. I can buy a 2010 X-25 for $5-10k more than a 2010 VLX.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• wakeboy

• hco

• skurfer

I can't even find a price anywhere for the X-25.

Let me dig more...

I did find a 2010 VLX for $91,424.00. that's a lot of moolah for a boat.

I guess it really all comes down to personal preference. Either you like Bu or MC. Both are top class machines that will deliver you a great wake with a nice looking boat and more ammenities than you probably need. I looked at MC before buying a Bu and I liked them, but I liked the Bu better. Next boat I purchase I will look at MCs again.

I do understand brand loyalty, if something works for you and you are happy with it, then why not continue on with it.

Perosnally the Bu fit my needs better, it just felt right.

im saying its been that same ugly swoop that really hasn't changed much. And if mastercraft is so crappy then why have they one riders choice since 2003?

About as long as MC has been using the same rickety/shaking crappy tower they have on their boats.

I know one thing, we can argue all day which boat has the best amenities and wake shape but I do not think anyone would dispute the fact that Malibu outperforms MC in overall performance and handling. MC's drive like tanks.

Edited by Sandbagger

im saying its been that same ugly swoop that really hasn't changed much. And if mastercraft is so crappy then why have they one riders choice since 2003?

They went with the swoop because people like it & they sold a ton of them. The fact that you think it's ugly (and I think it's a POS for other reasons) is all a matter of opinion...... and you know what they say about that.

Have you been in the MC with bouncy tower in the last few years? Go thru a little chop with it? See any movement at all? They had a huge recall on their towers & added some bolt-on gussets to try & get rid of the problem. Awards or not, the tower is a POS. It rattles & moves way too much for my comfort level.

Titan has been available all this time too. And low & behold, when both Metcraft & Titan showed signs of going down the tube, Malibu picked one & bought them out. I'd like to think they picked the one that had the strongest design with the least warranty issues. And their new tower is quite a bit different than the old swoop. Time will tell if it proves to be as sturdy & without issues as their older designs. Meanwhile they should be working out the details on allowing the older designs too (I, II & III).

I love my illusion tower. It is sturdy, attractive (opinion), and doesn't obstruct my view while driving. It is a little low, but I learn to duck my head a little, not a big deal for me.

I had a chance to crawl around this boat yesterday. I can't believe he said the bow would fit 4 or 5 friends? 4 or 5 small children maybe..... I found a few other dislikes, but I will let you guys judge for yourselves. If the wakes are all that 'MC' cracks them up to be, they might be worth overlooking.

MC still makes a few boats that can handle. Mine handles pretty well and it is a rocket with the MCX. Rough water ride, space, not so good...

They went with the swoop because people like it & they sold a ton of them. The fact that you think it's ugly (and I think it's a POS for other reasons) is all a matter of opinion...... and you know what they say about that.

Have you been in the MC with bouncy tower in the last few years? Go thru a little chop with it? See any movement at all? They had a huge recall on their towers & added some bolt-on gussets to try & get rid of the problem. Awards or not, the tower is a POS. It rattles & moves way too much for my comfort level.

Titan has been available all this time too. And low & behold, when both Metcraft & Titan showed signs of going down the tube, Malibu picked one & bought them out. I'd like to think they picked the one that had the strongest design with the least warranty issues. And their new tower is quite a bit different than the old swoop. Time will tell if it proves to be as sturdy & without issues as their older designs. Meanwhile they should be working out the details on allowing the older designs too (I, II & III).

a non loaded down mastercraft tower doesnt shake. But after lights speakers and boards doesnt an illusion shake just as much?

a non loaded down mastercraft tower doesnt shake. But after lights speakers and boards doesnt an illusion shake just as much?

Yes the MC tower does shake, have you ever seen one going down the road or on the lake it's all over the place. No the Illusion doesn't shake.

I can honestly say no being that virtually all summer I'm around and X2 as well.

sorry, I see one more person fitting in that bow comfortably... maybe squeezing in a fourth... but 5? forget it

I'm with you. 4 is a stretch, but 5? Common, man.

Edited by skurfer

sorry, I see one more person fitting in that bow comfortably... maybe squeezing in a fourth... but 5? forget it

Depends on how you stack 'em. Could be 6 if it was the right 6 people. . . .

Depends on how you stack 'em. Could be 6 if it was the right 6 people. . . .

Exactly. Look at the Pastrana car jump vids and the CSX that picks him up off of the jet ski. 6 or so grown men in front of the console and the front "plank" is nearly touching water with no waves. Tips of the pickle fork about 3-4" above the water. When they say 6, they obviously mean maybe 1 or 2 small adults and the rest little ones.

Their 300 is actually doing well and will make MC money in the long run.

i thought that they were only making ~12 of these per year and pretty much by custom order only. are you saying that they are on target to meet or exceed the target number?

i thought that they were only making ~12 of these per year and pretty much by custom order only. are you saying that they are on target to meet or exceed the target number?

Alot of people loved the 300, and for alot of rich people it really turned into a 'must-have.' I know they were on track to fill all 12 over the summer so I would assume they have done so by now. About half-way through the 300's tour around the nation they had already had 4 or 5 bought, plus people who would buy the demo boat. And with that boat, they were actually getting the MSRP price for it.

I can fit 12 in my bow, even more once the boat sinks.

Honestly if I need to fit a large amount of people on a boat I have a pontoon boat that I can take out.

Alot of people loved the 300, and for alot of rich people it really turned into a 'must-have.' I know they were on track to fill all 12 over the summer so I would assume they have done so by now. About half-way through the 300's tour around the nation they had already had 4 or 5 bought, plus people who would buy the demo boat. And with that boat, they were actually getting the MSRP price for it.

That is one of the differences between MC and Malibu. They are not the same company going after the exact same clientel. Makes the comparisons between the two companies and how many units they have sold worthless.