Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Now that's a big sac!!!

Bobby Light

• 1 month later...

09+ boats have an extra spot for an Aux output for control through Mux switches. The red wire all the way to the left is where this position is located, it's easy to find it's the only blank spot on the Medallion box. This is a +12v turn on for a relay. There is no fuse so you have to add a fuse and relay when wiring it.

muxtieinforrelay.jpg

I programmed the AUX button that turns on my fill pumps for the bag onto the Mux switch. I could not put it on the same screen as the MLS because it won't let you delete the horn button, it's on the next page in the MUX switch.

muxauxaddition.jpg

06, by 'adding a fuse' do you mean an in-line fuse or was there a spot for a fuse on the medallion box itself? I ask because on my 2010 LSV's Medallion box there's an available post that is labeled "not used" but it has no spot for a fuse. The circuit board behind it looks empty as well. I'm wondering/thinking they may have nixed the one available spot in 2010s. :(

Thanks, DS

06, by 'adding a fuse' do you mean an in-line fuse or was there a spot for a fuse on the medallion box itself? I ask because on my 2010 LSV's Medallion box there's an available post that is labeled "not used" but it has no spot for a fuse. The circuit board behind it looks empty as well. I'm wondering/thinking they may have nixed the one available spot in 2010s. :(

Thanks, DS

That spot labeled Not Used is the Aux spot you want to use. Yes it's an inline fuse you have to use. That Not Used spot is a 12v+ 1 amp output for a relay.

Wave looks great 06. Plumbing looks like it turned out well too. I get in 50 degree water and I don't even have a wave like that! I wanna see you riding it! Rockon.gif

Thanks I'm still tweaking and experimenting. I've ridden it once so far, air temp 58 and water temp 49 it was chilly but I had my drysuit on.

martinarcher

Thanks I'm still tweaking and experimenting. I've ridden it once so far, air temp 58 and water temp 49 it was chilly but I had my drysuit on.

Good man! How was it? What speed did you end up riding? That wave certainly looks like it would have great push. Rockon.gif The pocket doesn't look too hard to find. Crazy.gif

Good man! How was it? What speed did you end up riding? That wave certainly looks like it would have great push. Rockon.gif The pocket doesn't look too hard to find. Crazy.gif

I was riding at 11.8-12.2 that time out. Pretty firm wave, but not as steep as I'd like. I'm playing with the wedge and MLS to see if I can fix that issue.

I was riding at 11.8-12.2 that time out. Pretty firm wave, but not as steep as I'd like. I'm playing with the wedge and MLS to see if I can fix that issue.

First off your surfing the correct side...:thumbup: Secondly Crash mentioned that he found his surf wake better in his VTX w/ all factory ballast full in addition to the additional weight along the starboard or port sides.......Not sure if the LSV would produce similar results or not.

• 1 month later...

We got some pics last weekend. We had the "Big Sac" filled with full MLS except non surf side. Wedge was 2 clicks up from all they way down. There were 4 people in the boat in these pics as well including me the driver. The rider will remain un-named unless he wants to come forward and stake claim on the pics. Speed was about 11.4 in these pics.

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

I think the rider should remain Nameless untill he can loose the farmers tan and 10#`s of winter love! :whistle:

The wave was AWSOME.The best part of the whole thing is no visable baggs and no pumps hanging out of the boat!

that wave was crazy! It was like riding a waterslide! it definitely seperated the men from the boys....unfortunately, it made me look like a rookie!

06 - did you get it all dialed in now? What are your thoughts? Did the additional weight over what you use to use make a bid difference? I assume you use to run 750 lb in the locker? I find on my ride that starboard seems to put out a nicer wave..no worries for me as I ride goofy. I assume you are only running the new sac on your port side?

06 - did you get it all dialed in now? What are your thoughts? Did the additional weight over what you use to use make a bid difference? I assume you use to run 750 lb in the locker? I find on my ride that starboard seems to put out a nicer wave..no worries for me as I ride goofy. I assume you are only running the new sac on your port side?

Yes it's pretty dialed in, would have loved to ride this weekend but it's been raining the whole time. I don't run any more weight than I used to but it's evenly distributed along the boat which helps. The main reason for doing this sac was not adding weight but to get all the bags OFF the seats and to stop manually filling them. I was so sick of having bags all over I just had to do this. I hated having bags on the seats and feared the seams ripping becuase of it over tiem. I have more than 750 in the rear locker, closer to 900. Yes sac only on the port side.

Since you ride goofy it's easier for you to get a good wave. Try running a 400 sac in the walkthrough as well, it will really lengthen your wave.

Here is a pic of my boat with one 750 sac filled on the goofy side and full mls except non surf side. Wedge was all the way down.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Edited by 06vlx
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes it's pretty dialed in, would have loved to ride this weekend but it's been raining the whole time. I don't run any more weight than I used to but it's evenly distributed along the boat which helps. The main reason for doing this sac was not adding weight but to get all the bags OFF the seats and to stop manually filling them. I was so sick of having bags all over I just had to do this. I hated having bags on the seats and feared the seams ripping becuase of it over tiem. I have more than 750 in the rear locker, closer to 900. Yes sac only on the port side.

Since you ride goofy it's easier for you to get a good wave. Try running a 400 sac in the walkthrough as well, it will really lengthen your wave.

Here is a pic of my boat with one 750 sac filled on the goofy side and full mls except non surf side. Wedge was all the way down.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Just for clarification, this is on a 23LSV? Did you have to pull the factory tank for the new sac or does it sit on top of it in the back?

Thanks

- OTL

Yeah that is a 23lsv, it has the stock mls (no weight in bow) and a fly high 750 on that goofy side in the pic. Wedge is about 3 clicks up from the bottom in that pic. 4 of us in the boat.

Yeah that is a 23lsv, it has the stock mls (no weight in bow) and a fly high 750 on that goofy side in the pic. Wedge is about 3 clicks up from the bottom in that pic. 4 of us in the boat.

Ok, that's right, the big sac is on the other side. Still nice with the 750.

Ever hear anyone compare the floating wedge with the power wedge on the LSV? Think the boats I'm looking at all have manual wedges so wondering if adding a floater would help. The only thing is you are at the mercy of the wedge, can't adjust it - but maybe it's not necessary.

Isn't your boat the one with the awesome bass setup under the wheel? Would like to get some specs on that. We used to keep ours under the passenger storage (under the glove box) but you really needed to keep it open. Only useful when stopped. The interesting thing is when we turned so it faced to hull instead of out the opening it made a huge difference. Boosted the thump, but the amp used to overheat. Anyway your setup looks great!

That's a big sac!!! That's what she said..... (Sorry had to say it) Biggrin.gif

Man those pictures make me miss summer time!!!

-Paul

Is it possible to make a big sac like that for the starboard side? Or is there a cooler or something in the the way? I guess it would be smaller as you can only go up to the driver.

Ok, that's right, the big sac is on the other side. Still nice with the 750.

Ever hear anyone compare the floating wedge with the power wedge on the LSV? Think the boats I'm looking at all have manual wedges so wondering if adding a floater would help. The only thing is you are at the mercy of the wedge, can't adjust it - but maybe it's not necessary.

Isn't your boat the one with the awesome bass setup under the wheel? Would like to get some specs on that. We used to keep ours under the passenger storage (under the glove box) but you really needed to keep it open. Only useful when stopped. The interesting thing is when we turned so it faced to hull instead of out the opening it made a huge difference. Boosted the thump, but the amp used to overheat. Anyway your setup looks great!

The power wedge sure does make is nice to adjust the shape of the wave because it always changes depending on how many people you have in the boat. I don't think it's absolutely necessary though, floating wedge is a nice upgrade to the fixed wedge.

Yeah side firing a sub does give it a bit of a bump in output but it's kinda pointless in the observers area. I don't prefer the side firing methods because I like to run bigger subs, but it does work. I've done it with 10's. My setup was pretty good last year but I'm taking it up a few nothches this year, stay tuned!

If your amp kept overheating is sounds like something wasn't tuned right or wired right. Or maybe there was just so much heat in the compartment it was going into thermal.

It is possible to make a custom sac for the goofy side it would just end at the cooler though. You could always take out the cooler and run the sac all the way to the driver seat if you were that passionate about it I guess.

You could always take out the cooler and run the sac all the way to the driver seat if you were that passionate about it I guess.

Heresy! But then again, if we filled the sac with beer . . . win win. :cheers: