Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Now that's a big sac!!!

Bobby Light

Well, this topic is nothing like what I thought it was going to be. :unsure: Thank goodness.

But yeah, that IS a big sac.

I was thinking the same thing. Reminded me of a tubing accident I witnessed in college when a tube got pulled between a buddies legs. Now that was a big...well, you get the idea. Another good reason not to tube.

just out of curiosity, will you be able to run a sensor to the maliview guage and add an extra tank to the controls and work things through that or are you going to have to add a separate switch somewhere else?

Yes I can fill the sac off the mux switches but there is no guage for it on maliview. The 09'+ boats have an extra aux accessory spot on the medallion box, you have to program the extra aux into the mux switch though. I posted directions on how to do so on another thread. It's a positive switch line with no fuse so you have to use a relay. I'll post up pics and a better explanation when I finish the project. I'm about 50-60% done now.

Yes I can fill the sac off the mux switches but there is no guage for it on maliview. The 09'+ boats have an extra aux accessory spot on the medallion box, you have to program the extra aux into the mux switch though. I posted directions on how to do so on another thread. It's a positive switch line with no fuse so you have to use a relay. I'll post up pics and a better explanation when I finish the project. I'm about 50-60% done now.

The extra axillary spot is a 1v positive switch so you can use it to fire up a relay for any accessory really if you want to control it separate. We use that open spot for underwater lights a lot.

Can't wait to ride behind the boat with that bag filled up!! John might be able to ride the pipe standing up Biggrin.gif

-Paul

The extra axillary spot is a 1v positive switch so you can use it to fire up a relay for any accessory really if you want to control it separate. We use that open spot for underwater lights a lot.

Can't wait to ride behind the boat with that bag filled up!! John might be able to ride the pipe standing up Biggrin.gif

-Paul

Oh he's gonna be mad ROFL.gif .

Oh he's gonna be mad ROFL.gif .

Hahaha, i knew you would get a kick out of that one since your the one that normally throws out the short jokes.

Sorry when you read this John!

-Paul

John, i have your back on being short. one big advantage is that when you date an average girl, she tends to be just as tall if not taller. and when people see the two of you out and about, they think 'man he either has a lot of money or a big ....'. personally, i am fine with either! :)

John, i have your back on being short. one big advantage is that when you date an average girl, she tends to be just as tall if not taller. and when people see the two of you out and about, they think 'man he either has a lot of money or a big ....'. personally, i am fine with either! :)

You mean ballast sac?

You're going to have to come out surfing with us this year. I'm wondering if I'm going to feel like Willy Wonka with the two of you on my boat ROFL.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Edited by 06vlx

Okay, off topic kinda.

This thread reminded me of two things:

1)Always date women with small hands. That way when she's holding you, things seem bigger.

2)My buddy in middle school broke the seat post on his BMX bike and parts of him got caught between the frame and rear tire--blood everywhere. His nickname since has been "Lefty".

Love to see the wake on that thing when it's done. I've never wake surfed, but if you need pics showing big wakes and the other guys aren't available, I'm 5'8".

Okay, off topic kinda.

This thread reminded me of two things:

1)Always date women with small hands. That way when she's holding you, things seem bigger.

2)My buddy in middle school broke the seat post on his BMX bike and parts of him got caught between the frame and rear tire--blood everywhere. His nickname since has been "Lefty".

Love to see the wake on that thing when it's done. I've never wake surfed, but if you need pics showing big wakes and the other guys aren't available, I'm 5'8".

I can do better...I'm 5'5" (on a good hair day). Thumbup.gif

You mean ballast sac?

yup, that is exactly what i meant! :)

You're going to have to come out surfing with us this year. I'm wondering if I'm going to feel like Willy Wonka with the two of you on my boat ROFL.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist.

You name the day and i am there.

i was going to make a come back comment about your height being closer to something like a wookie, but then i realized i probably shouldnt insult you until after we go surfing :) (plus, i figure John will probably have something better to come back with anyway )

• 3 weeks later...

Couple pics of the wake from this thing taken yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fill the bag all the way, it blew the wall out of the storage locker into the engine compartment so I stopped filling and it still had a way to go. I am re-inforcing the wall with stainless square tubing 1"x1" but didn't do it yet. I'd say the rear locker bag portion was filled 80% in these pics so the wave is lacking a little height. Wedge is all the way down, it's to washed out at 100%. 2 people on board durign the pics. Front, left, and center MLS full. I think it has more potential after I get it dialed in. Hopefully it's hard as a cement wall and fast.

I'll post up more pics of the plumbing and other stuff later, as well as new wake pics when I can fill the bag all the way and I'm actually brave enough to get in the water and ride it. Air temp was about 56 and water temp about 50. Just wasn't feeling it yesterday.

Take it for what it's worth but these pics are not taken on the swim platform looking up at the wave like most people like to do.

2-28-10103.jpg

2-28-10102.jpg

2-28-10098-1.jpg

2-28-10096.jpg

2-28-10095.jpg

How is it possible that I'm the only one to notice that you put the sac on the wrong side?

As many times as I've heard you say that it never gets old. I'm the wake nazi, "No Wake For You"...

id like to see what you do to keep the wall falling into the motor. i was thinking i would have the same problem. my bags havent arrived yet so i havent played with them yet. if you can get pics up of your supports when you finish id appreciate it.

id like to see what you do to keep the wall falling into the motor. i was thinking i would have the same problem. my bags havent arrived yet so i havent played with them yet. if you can get pics up of your supports when you finish id appreciate it.

I'll have it done by this weekend and post some pics of it.

Very nice :surfing:

Did you have any issues with the swim deck being down in the water.

If your swim deck isn't under water you aren't running enough weight IMO... Has never been an issue for me.

Couple pics of the wake from this thing taken yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fill the bag all the way, it blew the wall out of the storage locker into the engine compartment so I stopped filling and it still had a way to go. I am re-inforcing the wall with stainless square tubing 1"x1" but didn't do it yet. I'd say the rear locker bag portion was filled 80% in these pics so the wave is lacking a little height. Wedge is all the way down, it's to washed out at 100%. 2 people on board durign the pics. Front, left, and center MLS full. I think it has more potential after I get it dialed in. Hopefully it's hard as a cement wall and fast.

I'll post up more pics of the plumbing and other stuff later, as well as new wake pics when I can fill the bag all the way and I'm actually brave enough to get in the water and ride it. Air temp was about 56 and water temp about 50. Just wasn't feeling it yesterday.

Take it for what it's worth but these pics are not taken on the swim platform looking up at the wave like most people like to do.

2-28-10103.jpg

2-28-10102.jpg

2-28-10098-1.jpg

2-28-10096.jpg

2-28-10095.jpg

I actually got rid of alot of my wash by filling all 4 factory up. Something to try i learned by accident :beer: Looks good though :surfing:

Ok got some more pics tonight. I went with Johnson pumps 950 gph because they are 3/4" fittings, they are the red pumps for reference. I installed a fill at each un-used T handle drain, one under the engine in the bilge and the other under the center access hatch (I didn't use this because of the carpet saver ontop of it). I also installed the Y selector valve to utilize a stock pump after the rear surf side stock tank is filled. I did not drill new through hulls for drains and vents I Y'd off everything. Y'd off the drivers side drain for a drain, Y'd off the passenger side vent for another drain. The only thing about Y-ing off of through hulls is that the stream of water is interupted as it hits the Y and exits the boat so you won't see a steady stream, looks more like you stuck your thumb over the end of a hose or something. Fill times are approx 10 min with 3 pumps, drain times a little more like 12-15 with 2 pumps didn't keep track as much for drain times. All automatic no more manually filling/draining bags.

I didn't have the hot tubes from my heater hooked up last year so I finished that while I was at it this time, also installed a backlit Wakesetter emblem I had.

Fill pump in the bilge under engine. Had to 90 it over because of clearance issues.

bilgefillpump.jpg

Fill pump in center locker

frontfillpump.jpg

Rear drain pump

reardrainpump.jpg

Side drain pump

sidedrainpump.jpg

New seat support I made after I took the other one out, aluminum flat bar wrapped in carpet. Now under seat area is open from rear of boat to storage locker.

Newsupport.jpg

Front of bag

frontbagplumbing.jpg

Rear of bag

rearbagplumbing.jpg

Y selector valve installed in surf side rear locker on hose cover panel.

selectoryvalve.jpg

09+ boats have an extra spot for an Aux output for control through Mux switches. The red wire all the way to the left is where this position is located, it's easy to find it's the only blank spot on the Medallion box. This is a +12v turn on for a relay. There is no fuse so you have to add a fuse and relay when wiring it.

muxtieinforrelay.jpg

I programmed the AUX button that turns on my fill pumps for the bag onto the Mux switch. I could not put it on the same screen as the MLS because it won't let you delete the horn button, it's on the next page in the MUX switch.

muxauxaddition.jpg

Finally last pic of the updated wall in front of subwoofer with heater hot tubes installed and backlit Wakesetter emblem. Backlit LED's turn on with interior lighting.

newboxface.jpg

Edited by 06vlx
  • Like 1