Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Customers Malibu Boat stolen and stripped

Bake's Marine

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bake's Marine

• Bobby Light

• NorCaliBu

• MalibuTime

Not really I just saw the crap on craigslist again.

Well the Sheriff has to recoupe some costs :innocent:

Edited by fijidaniel

Not really I just saw the crap on craigslist again.

I guess the "bad guy" re listed everything the day before or of that he got arrested.

He's in jail and most of the parts have been seized / recovered.

The King County Sgt. working the case wanted to make sure you guys got this message

"Let the guy’s know on the web forum that their assistance in appreciated. Most of the time the cops forget or don’t tell you what happened after the fact because they are loaded down with numerous ongoing investigations. Once one is finished, it’s on to the next. In this case the end result couldn't’t have happened without your assistance…."

Thanks again everybody - especially 06VLX!!

-Paul

I guess the "bad guy" re listed everything the day before or of that he got arrested.

He's in jail and most of the parts have been seized / recovered.

The King County Sgt. working the case wanted to make sure you guys got this message

"Let the guy’s know on the web forum that their assistance in appreciated. Most of the time the cops forget or don’t tell you what happened after the fact because they are loaded down with numerous ongoing investigations. Once one is finished, it’s on to the next. In this case the end result couldn't’t have happened without your assistance…."

Thanks again everybody - especially 06VLX!!

-Paul

:woot::cheers:

Fantastic, a decent ending to stories like this are hard to come by these days, nice work guys. Should we retract the jelly donut comment now? :-)

For some reason I'm ultra curious about the thief, if any of you get any back story on this, would be great to hear. Hard to believe this is an isolated act.

Fantastic, a decent ending to stories like this are hard to come by these days, nice work guys. Should we retract the jelly donut comment now? :-)

For some reason I'm ultra curious about the thief, if any of you get any back story on this, would be great to hear. Hard to believe this is an isolated act.

It's not. There was an articly last fall about the increase in boat thefts around here. One guy actually saw his boat stolen off the bouy in the bay, and watched the thieves motor off towing their boat with his. He called the harbor police, coast guard etc. but they evaded capture.

Edited by MalibuTime
For some reason I'm ultra curious about the thief, if any of you get any back story on this, would be great to hear.

Said thief shall henceforth be referred to as "Bubba's Girl". :shocked:

:lol:

Good job 06. :thumbup:

Said thief shall henceforth be referred to as "Bubba's Girl". :shocked:

:lol:

Good job 06. :thumbup:

Thanks I found the stuff by accident and called Paul right away. Glad the D-Bag is in jail, not happy my tax dollars are paying for him though. I heard some more details about how he pulled it off, lets just say he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Note to self: If you have a record don't steal crap and leave your finger prints all over it and dump it a mile from your house :Doh: .

• 8 months later...

I thought there was a ending to this boat but apparently the hull is for sale on Craigslist in Oregon/ Vancouver now. Little more than just a "project boat"

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/2169118243.html

-Paul

2006 Malibu Boat (Vancouver, WA)

Date: 2011-01-19, 12:27PM PST

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am selling a 2006 Malibu Project Boat. no trailer. direct drive. Almost everything inside is stolen. Asking $3,250. Email or call 360-513-8427 with questions.

DSC00043-1.jpg

Darn, wrong side of the country otherwise my smashed bu would be PERFECT to make that thing whole again. Although I don't think I'd pay $3k for that train wreck w/o a trailer.

-Chris