Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 LSV. what do you think

LiQUiDSX

Although 06vlx's point comes across rather abruptly (yes many of them do), I have to say I kind of agree with his point. Buyer's and sellers should both have an idea of what the market price should be for the item being sold. The seller should let the buyer know that the price is not negotiable because he initially priced it low to get some attention and/or to sell it quick. If the price is still too high then I guess this isn't the boat for them. I get sick of low-ballers.

Add this one to the pet peeves thread.

I probably should but I added to it earlier today, I'll add this when it needs a bump.

At least you explained your reasoning for some of your abrupt comments, my humor is similar, so I'll take your comments a little lighter in the future, but your still the internet gangsta!! Tease2.gif

Although 06vlx's point comes across rather abruptly (yes many of them do), I have to say I kind of agree with his point. Buyer's and sellers should both have an idea of what the market price should be for the item being sold. The seller should let the buyer know that the price is not negotiable because he initially priced it low to get some attention and/or to sell it quick. If the price is still too high then I guess this isn't the boat for them. I get sick of low-ballers.

Add this one to the pet peeves thread.

I probably should but I added to it earlier today, I'll add this when it needs a bump.

At least you explained your reasoning for some of your abrupt comments, my humor is similar, so I'll take your comments a little lighter in the future, but your still the internet gangsta!! Tease2.gif

:salute: I should change my name on here then to "The Internet Gansta"...

I should change my name on here then to "The Internet Gansta"...

Well if you do, make sure you spell it correctly. Tease.gif

I would but I was quoting what "someone" called me ROFL.gif .

Haha, I'm not coming down on you man, just saying too many people are hard a**es on internet. I understand your humor/sarcasm, I've been around enough to see you play the game. Sometimes you do come across as a d**k. If it works for you, so be it. Guess I'm used to the young punks on WW who always have something negative to say, no matter what the point is. And yes, you can quote it. lol

I go into every deal thinking there is room to move, no matter what the "market" price is. Some people are desperate to sell and will sell their stuff at a huge discount just to get rid of it. Most aren't, but you never know. I don't respect low ballers, but what is wrong with trying to get an even better deal? Cash does talk, so if you can swing that, it always helps. If the seller is firm, all he can say is no to your offer. No big deal. Pay the full price, accept that you still got a good deal, and be happy with the purchase. That being said, I bought my VLX for what I consider a steal, and did not haggle the price at all. I knew there was a ton of interest in it, so I paid the full price just to secure my purchase and make sure it didn't get away from me. I knew the boat was well under "market price", so it was worth it to me to pay the full asking price. I still don't see any issues with at least trying to get a better deal...

Haha, I'm not coming down on you man, just saying too many people are hard a**es on internet. I understand your humor/sarcasm, I've been around enough to see you play the game. Sometimes you do come across as a d**k. If it works for you, so be it. Guess I'm used to the young punks on WW who always have something negative to say, no matter what the point is. And yes, you can quote it. lol

I go into every deal thinking there is room to move, no matter what the "market" price is. Some people are desperate to sell and will sell their stuff at a huge discount just to get rid of it. Most aren't, but you never know. I don't respect low ballers, but what is wrong with trying to get an even better deal? Cash does talk, so if you can swing that, it always helps. If the seller is firm, all he can say is no to your offer. No big deal. Pay the full price, accept that you still got a good deal, and be happy with the purchase. That being said, I bought my VLX for what I consider a steal, and did not haggle the price at all. I knew there was a ton of interest in it, so I paid the full price just to secure my purchase and make sure it didn't get away from me. I knew the boat was well under "market price", so it was worth it to me to pay the full asking price. I still don't see any issues with at least trying to get a better deal...

I agree I can come off rude and probably mess with people to much sometimes.

I wasn't saying he should pay any particular price other that what he was willing to pay. The OP asked if it was a good deal and everyone said yes. Then someone posts it's a good deal and assume there is room to come down on price. Ok maybe but with a price like that you have to be carefull with how you approach. I haven't seen another boat like that for even close to that price, they may be out there but I haven't seen them this boat is what I believe to be under "market price" as you say. That's just my own opinion and seems like the opinion of everyone else that chimed in on the thread including someone else that had just finished looking for the exact boat but couldn't find one priced that low.

Most people price their boats to high in hopes the negotiations will land them at an agreed price, this boat didn't look like that case. Usually you'll see 3-10K in negotiation room. How much less could you offer someone with an item priced way below market value without insulting them?

To answer your original question about how I buy stuff, well I do about a year of research, don't waste peoples time, and know what I want to/should pay before I go into the deal or contact the seller. I don't lowball and don't buy stuff I can't afford.

Edited by 06vlx

Agree with your points! Like I said, I paid full price on mine knowing it was a great deal, so its not like I haven't done it. I agree that the boat in question is a good deal, and he should jump on it. If it were me, I'd offer $2k less at most on what I considered a steal. That would maybe put you at buying it for $1k under asking price, or at full price. Either way, I'd be happy with it because it's still a good deal at the full price. If the boat is exactly what he is looking for, then paying full price shouldn't be an issue. There's a lot to say with being 100% happy with a big purchase like that. That's worth full price on any deal IMO. A lot of people settle for something different than what they want cause they are too impatient to wait for the prize...

SOLD. Just hope the bank doesnt jack me around too bad. Boat was in preaty good condition. Some minor things here and there but overall in good shape.

DSC_2899.jpg

Edited by LiQUiDSX
...you are always running your mouth and talking smack. Another internet gangsta!!! Play on playa...
...I'm no "internet gansta" do you have experience with that, not really even sure what that means.
...so I'll take your comments a little lighter in the future, but your still the internet gangsta!!
... I should change my name on here then to "The Internet Gansta"...
Well if you do, make sure you spell it correctly.
I would but I was quoting what "someone" called me.

Only one person I see misspelling "gangster". :Doh::lol:Tease2.gif

To the OP - Sorry for the hi-jack. Nice boat & congrats on your smoking deal. Thumbup.gif

...you are always running your mouth and talking smack. Another internet gangsta!!! Play on playa...
...I'm no "internet gansta" do you have experience with that, not really even sure what that means.
...so I'll take your comments a little lighter in the future, but your still the internet gangsta!!
... I should change my name on here then to "The Internet Gansta"...
Well if you do, make sure you spell it correctly.
I would but I was quoting what "someone" called me.

Only one person I see misspelling "gangster". :Doh::lol:Tease2.gif

To the OP - Sorry for the hi-jack. Nice boat & congrats on your smoking deal. Thumbup.gif

I can't believe I didn't even see that, you got me good on that one Notworthy.gif .