Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Damaged Boat

MUpde

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baddog

• Bobby Light

• MUpde

• Lance B. Johnson

I guess I spent my "cookie". The wife is all pissed off that I posted the pics. Oye vey!!!!!

That's funny. Don't feel bad, I lose my cookies so fast that I never really have possesion. More like they just bounce off me.

Edited by Michigan boarder
I guess I spent my "cookie". The wife is all pissed off that I posted the pics. Oye vey!!!!!

That's funny. Don't feel bad, I lose my cookies so fast that I never really have possesion. More like they just bounce off me.

I hear ya on that one.

Tell her she's lucky you didn't get a picture of her behind the wheel with the damage.

That sucks man, made me wince when I looked at the photo; makes those small dings I got this year look pretty insignificant. I know its easy for me to say this but really there are worse things in life. Hopefully insurance picks up most of the tab and you two move on to ejoying the boat again.

Just buy her some stupid flowers, admit it was all your fault and you are really sorry and it will all blow over . . . in 10-11 years.

Done, and done... Thumbup.gif

A good glass and gel-coat guy and you will never know it happened, it will be really expensive so it's one for the insurance company for sure.

Hope the repair goes smooth!

-Paul

Just buy her some stupid flowers, admit it was all your fault and you are really sorry and it will all blow over . . . in 10-11 years.

Done, and done... Thumbup.gif

Good for you. Now in 10-11 years it might be done, but not certain.

I talked to the dealer yesterday. The estimate was sent to the insurance company. The total???:................

$6,500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!

Lucky for me all I have to pay is the $500 deductable. Thank god for insurance.

Dontknow.gif

What's a cookie?

Reward point for being a good boy? I hear you can cash them in later for a treat...

I guess I wouldn't know cause I never get those.......... Whistling.gif

Oh man that's a shame Cry.gif .

I talked to the dealer yesterday. The estimate was sent to the insurance company. The total???:................

$6,500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!

Lucky for me all I have to pay is the $500 deductable. Thank god for insurance.

Wow - my gel damage this year was $500 and I did it myself. Thank goodness for insurance! Thumbup.gif

I get cookies for letting my honey drive the boat. Oh, I'm sorry.........did I just stir the pot? :Doh:

That's OK, my wife gives our dog cookies just for peeing outside. I mean really, isn't that what they're supposed to do?

OK, back on track now...............$6500.00 repair bill, not surprised. But that's what insurance is for.

Sorry, $6500 for that.....unless there is some structural damage that can not be seen in the picture, I would say you are being ripped off, I had a fluke break off a stainless prop on my first response back in 01, sustained HEAVY damage under the boat....that bill was a tad over $4000

just my 2 cents

Sorry, $6500 for that.....unless there is some structural damage that can not be seen in the picture, I would say you are being ripped off, I had a fluke break off a stainless prop on my first response back in 01, sustained HEAVY damage under the boat....that bill was a tad over $4000

just my 2 cents

I agree $6500 is high but how is essentially getting a hole puched in the side of your boat less than your damage from the prop incident? His fiberglass is now probably delaminated so there is a large section that needs to be fixed not just the hole.

Edited by 06vlx

Man, you guys don't understand cookies! The idea is that if she does something wrong (like in this case), not only do you not give her a hard time for it, you make her feel better by saying things like "it can be fixed & nobody was hurt" or "it could have just as easily happened to me" or whatever (maybe it's a small white lie, but that's not the point). Now, the payoff is that when you screw up down the road, hopefully she remembers what a nice guy you were about that & gives you the same break. That is a cookie, & those are the kinds of things that make a marriage work. :)

Man, you guys don't understand cookies! The idea is that if she does something wrong (like in this case), not only do you not give her a hard time for it, you make her feel better by saying things like "it can be fixed & nobody was hurt" or "it could have just as easily happened to me" or whatever (maybe it's a small white lie, but that's not the point). Now, the payoff is that when you screw up down the road, hopefully she remembers what a nice guy you were about that & gives you the same break. That is a cookie, & those are the kinds of things that make a marriage work. :)

I'm taking notes Wakegirl. If I knew this 15 years ago my life would be so much easier right now.

This is how things work in my world...wife messes up, I blow up, I pay for it for the next 15+ years. Whistling.gif

Obviously, I'm not liking the way I do things.