Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing Boat from trailer in garage

Could you cut your guide posts off and weld on a smaller diamater tube to the trailer, then you could slide the guide post over and bolt it on. Might be a cool mod for quick release guide posts... Dontknow.gif

thats the way mine are set up and it works out well for a lot of different reasons

I have cut off my Starboard guide and welded a solid piece of barstock inside to extend out and slide back in the lower tube that was left on the trailer. That now has a stainless quick release pin that pins the 2 parts back together so they can't slide back apart. This was done so I could get the trailer parked close the the garage wall on the starboard side without gouging the drywall. The way my guides angle to the outside, it was hard to angle the trailer into the garage then cut it back parallel to the garage wall without hitting the wall with guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Funny thing, my boat has been suspended in my barn since the fall. Until today that is. This is a lot more simple than you think. Drop the tongue of the trailer clear to the ground. Put blocks under the rear of the boat hull next to the bunks of the trailer. I used several towels on top of the blocks to save the gel coat. Once the blocks are up tight to the back of the boat jack the tongue of the boat up as high as you can, this lifts the back of the boat clear off the back of the trailer. This is the part that you will have to figure out from here on your own if you don't have a pole barn. I then took a tow strap and ran it through the front eyelet of boat. I used the the posts in my barn that are set at 12ft centers and secured the traps up eight feet on the post. I used some heavy duty three inch tie down ratchet straps to take up the slack. Once that is done I lowered the tongue back down so the trailer was level and the boat was completely suspended.

I then spent the next couple months completely rebuilding the trailer of my 1981 Ski Supreme that my Dad bought after skiing behind it in a tournament in 1981. I learned how to ski behind this boat when I was three! Pretty neat boat and it looks sweat sitting on its freshly rebuilt trailer.

By the way I ended up putting some blocks and a few towels under the bow just as a safety measure since i knew the boat would be sitting without the trailer for awhile. Today when I slide the trailer back under it I dropped the tire pressure way down. I probably didn't need to do this but oh well.

Hope this helps. I have some pictures I took with my i phone that I can email if you want them.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd love to do the same project. I thought about spanning the rafters in the garage with 6X6's and getting a couple really wide straps like the marina's use on boat hoists. You could then anchor the straps to the 6X6's and use come-a-longs to lift the boat off the trailer. I just don't trust the garage rafters to hold the weight of our boat. I would want to get under it and clean the boat up. I really wouldn't trust it if I was under the boat! :unsure:

i did it made stands for back corners. made a bean wide enough and aluminum pocket for bow eye. use two stands under beam wide enough so wheels cleared. pulled trailer out..

I'd love to do the same project. I thought about spanning the rafters in the garage with 6X6's and getting a couple really wide straps like the marina's use on boat hoists. You could then anchor the straps to the 6X6's and use come-a-longs to lift the boat off the trailer. I just don't trust the garage rafters to hold the weight of our boat. I would want to get under it and clean the boat up. I really wouldn't trust it if I was under the boat! :unsure:

post-3740-0-17821300-1433721425_thumb.jp