Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Season

jetskipro550

We've put in close to 90 hrs on Lake Norman this year from middle of June to first of October. Now the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we've moved to Belew's lake for the winter. I'm sure I'll get close to another 90 before next spring. We were over there last weekend and water ranged from 80-90 degrees! Thumbup.gif

I would like some clarification on Belew's lake!!! Pretty sure that I'll put the boat in Norman 1 more time for an hour or so to heat it up, just need some warmer weather so I can winterize the damn boat Crazy.gif

Belew's is awesome. It's about 20 minutes northeast of Winston in Stokesdale, NC. And it's HEATED!!! Yahoo.gif The steam station dumps hot water into the lake and it heats the majority of the lake. At the launch the water was 72ish, but by the time we got to the area where we ride it was up to 80ish. I didn't go all the way up to the discharge, but some of the people we met over there went and said the water was 90 where it's dumped in. They ride there all winter and say the water never drops below 60-65 even in middle of the winter. You should check it out. It was like jumping into a hot bath on Sunday. Thumbup.gif

Not to hijack the main thread, but Belews is pretty unique and I think is part of Duke Power. Hyco Lake is another lake that has heated parts from Carolina Power. Bought my first BU from the guys in Greensboro who went out of business, Pro Marine. Think they are now back under a different owner I think.

Where exactly is Gaston Lake, I assume in Gaston county near Gastonia..?? Heard of it but never been there or seen it on a map.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• wakeup

• snowpunx08

• Sixball

Brought the new boat home July 21st and we now have 100hrs on it. Scheduled to be winterized on the 30th. As others had stated its now time to head to the mountains for the skiing! Clap.gif

Nice job Rechromed!! We got ours about the same time and we are just over 60 hours. We dont winterize so hopefully we can catch up.

About 50. I spent half of the summer in the armpit of the earth (starts with an I and ends with raq... IRAQ). I just got back and it is still in the upper 70's. I am going to try to get at least another 20 hours before Thanksgiving!!!

We've put in close to 90 hrs on Lake Norman this year from middle of June to first of October. Now the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we've moved to Belew's lake for the winter. I'm sure I'll get close to another 90 before next spring. We were over there last weekend and water ranged from 80-90 degrees! Thumbup.gif

I would like some clarification on Belew's lake!!! Pretty sure that I'll put the boat in Norman 1 more time for an hour or so to heat it up, just need some warmer weather so I can winterize the damn boat Crazy.gif

Belew's is awesome. It's about 20 minutes northeast of Winston in Stokesdale, NC. And it's HEATED!!! Yahoo.gif The steam station dumps hot water into the lake and it heats the majority of the lake. At the launch the water was 72ish, but by the time we got to the area where we ride it was up to 80ish. I didn't go all the way up to the discharge, but some of the people we met over there went and said the water was 90 where it's dumped in. They ride there all winter and say the water never drops below 60-65 even in middle of the winter. You should check it out. It was like jumping into a hot bath on Sunday. Thumbup.gif

Hmmm.....wonder how far this is from Tega Cay...May have to venture up that way one weekend.

We put about 100 hours on the new boat and another 20-ish hours on the old boat this season. In fact, put another few hours on Wednesday and Thursday this week!

Hours? Who knows, but every dang one of them was fun, except for the partial hour yesterday when I took her out for the last speed across the whitecappy lake prior to pulling her for the season. Dang!

old boat - 70 hours - new malibu just over 20 in the month or so we've had it (problem free) - yup every one of them fun, no injuries. first service and winterized yesterday - we'll ride at koppert once a week with the drysuits and let the ice chase us away...

Hmmm.....wonder how far this is from Tega Cay...May have to venture up that way one weekend.

We put about 100 hours on the new boat and another 20-ish hours on the old boat this season. In fact, put another few hours on Wednesday and Thursday this week!

About 2 hours. Depends on how bad you want to be on the water I guess. It's about an hour drive for me, and I'll probably be hitting the water every nice weekend we have. This coming weekend we'll be taking over the place with close to 40 people coming and I'd guess 8-10 boats. Rockon.gif

wakeup, we go out on on gaston as well. My aunt has a place in Lyon's Creek which is right next to hubquarter, the cove with the powerlines across it.

ndawg12, its actually on the boarder of NC/VA. I beleive the county its located in is Warren County but ICBW. Really big lake that is almost always glassy during the week, and gets chopped to pecies on weekends.

wakeup, we go out on on gaston as well. My aunt has a place in Lyon's Creek which is right next to hubquarter, the cove with the powerlines across it.

ndawg12, its actually on the boarder of NC/VA. I beleive the county its located in is Warren County but ICBW. Really big lake that is almost always glassy during the week, and gets chopped to pecies on weekends.

Excellent. I know the area well.

Lake Gaston intersects five counties across NC and VA. But geographically it is located between I85 and I95 up on the eastern side of the NC/VA border with most being in NC. Its part of the Roanoke River and power companies in the 60's made three reservoirs in a chain: Kerr Lake, Lake Gaston, and Roanoke Rapids Lake. Kerr is the largest, but Gaston only fluctuates +/- 1' all year and is 33 miles long.

Hijack over.

We put about 95 hours worth of time on this lake this year.

Well I think we closed out the year today the last of the ski boats came out today. We did ski Yahoo.gif Air @ 47 Water @ 48 and the water was Good.

Now the long Waite for spring ice out. If all goes well late March early April.

Got some sets in today before church. Yahoo.gif 10 day forecast shows mid-70's for the foreseeable future. Yahoo.gif More sets to come and the water is still in the 60's. Biggrin.gif

Sorry. Had to Tease2.gif