Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Season

jetskipro550

About 125 for us. It was a pretty good year for only having the water above 80 for 5 days! Shocking.gif I have to winterize this weekend as I'm headed to Australia for 3 weeks so I guess the wetsuit isn't going to get much use this fall. Cry.gif

Mr Archer..........................I have friends who come from Pa. to hang with us at Lake Anna. You (and anyone else who is interested) should too. Due to the nukes we ride all year! Yahoo.gif ( except we missed Feb. the past three seasons) My newest favorite T shirt says "What off season?" Dontknow.gif Our side of the lake is heated and private. We are truly blessed.

My crew's average is 350-400 hours per year. Injuries kept me down to around 50 hours so far this year, but it ain't over yet! No.gif

That is truly awesome! Yahoo.gif After cabin fever starts to set in, I just might have to take you up on it! It looks like it would be about a 6 hour drive for us. Well worth it for warm water in winter time! Thumbup.gif

LKA doesn't exist please disregard Skyskier. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• wakeup

• snowpunx08

• Sixball

Nope, no glowing and no extra body parts...............not yet at least. Shoot me a message if you guys are ever heading over there.

I will, thanks!!

Needles, are you saying that your kids pull a drain plug and let the bilge fill up with water for extra weight??!! If so, I think I would put an end to that real fast!!

I'm pretty sure he is. Zane Schwenk had a write up in Wakeboarding many years ago about doing this to his mastercrafts. As I recall him putting it, why clutter up the boat when you can add water below deck!

Dripping "drippless" packing at propshaft, wet bodies all day and turning on the bildge pump is hubris.

Nope, no glowing and no extra body parts...............not yet at least. Shoot me a message if you guys are ever heading over there.

I will, thanks!!

Needles, are you saying that your kids pull a drain plug and let the bilge fill up with water for extra weight??!! If so, I think I would put an end to that real fast!!

I'm pretty sure he is. Zane Schwenk had a write up in Wakeboarding many years ago about doing this to his mastercrafts. As I recall him putting it, why clutter up the boat when you can add water below deck!

Dripping "drippless" packing at propshaft, wet bodies all day and turning on the bildge pump is hubris.

Not sure I follow you on that one, but if you don't mind changing a starter every so often then I guess bilge ballast would work. I wonder how far they're letting it fill, I usually don't give my bilge pump a chance of automatically come on, if I see more than an inch in there I'll flip it on.

We picked up our "new to us" Bu in March 09 with 254 hours. The clock just turned to 348 hrs (time for another oil change!) last weekend so that's 94 hours so far this year. But our season is just getting started! Clap.gif

Colder weather = less boats = smooth water. Thank goodness for drysuits!! Thumbup.gif

81 hours. It would have been a lot more but I got laid up with a back injury for most of July and then sprained the heck out of my ankle in mid August and haven't skied since. There's always next year...

We picked up our "new to us" Bu in March 09 with 254 hours. The clock just turned to 348 hrs (time for another oil change!) last weekend so that's 94 hours so far this year. But our season is just getting started! Clap.gif

Colder weather = less boats = smooth water. Thank goodness for drysuits!! Thumbup.gif

Just over 60 this year trending up and to the right! Great season on Norris, with kids trying to board and son successful on 2 skis. A couple adult kids got eh surfing bug.

Not a good year for us. I am at about 60 hours this year but the good thing is most all of it had a skier behind it. We had one of the worst summer I remember. Windy rain cold just not a good year. We also use two other boats but I don't think they got as many hours as I did. I bet about 110 hours total.

I am planing to get out tomorrow and some this week.

Just came in from a good ski getting close to the last for the year. Water @ 48 air @52. Feet and hands are getting cold. nights are getting into mid 20's

This is not good.

not nearly enough, but i only got my bu at end of june and now there is snow on the hill, hopefully the resorts open soon so i can use my new skis too. Thumbup.gif

What hill do you ski on out there. I skiied Squaw a few years ago and loved the Tahoe area. Wife and I are starting to plan our annual ski trip and I looked at Heavenly last night online. As not to totally hijack the thread we logged 5 hrs on our boat that we bought last week.

we buy passes to mt rose, nice hill and you don't have the bay area people cramming everything. I get 12-15 runs in by lunch. very nice, but I do ski alot of the hills, alpine is another favorite. squaw and heavenley just too damn expensive for waiting in lines

Hi crew. here in Argentina (South america) we ride a lot. We put in our 2009 VLX 450 hours in 9 months. Our hot season starts in octobre thru may and then we use DrySuits to ride in winter with 12 Celsius on Water and 15 on Air.

The 2009 VLX is the best Ive ever rode. Its amazing.

Im the dealer here in argentina and we have just sell the boat and we are waiting for the 2010 that will be here by 12/9/2009. I cant Wait.

Luciano

We put on 85 hours this summer even with all the wet weather in NH this year.

Rockon.gif

We wakeboarded most everyweekend and the last run of the summer was me barefooting.

Any summer you can put on 85 hours on your bu is a good summer.. Clap.gif

Check out this short video of my last run in September water was 59 degrees.

Dave Barefooting

Respectable amount.... 102 hrs. I'll probably see that number go up another dozen hours before the end of the year. We don't stop skiing in Texas. The sets just get shorter. :)

Brought the new boat home July 21st and we now have 100hrs on it. Scheduled to be winterized on the 30th. As others had stated its now time to head to the mountains for the skiing! Clap.gif

Hi crew. here in Argentina (South america) we ride a lot. We put in our 2009 VLX 450 hours in 9 months. Our hot season starts in octobre thru may and then we use DrySuits to ride in winter with 12 Celsius on Water and 15 on Air.

The 2009 VLX is the best Ive ever rode. Its amazing.

Im the dealer here in argentina and we have just sell the boat and we are waiting for the 2010 that will be here by 12/9/2009. I cant Wait.

Luciano

450 hrs!?!? Holy cow......Good for you. I am so jealous!

About 40 hours on the BU. But that is spent solely wakeboarding. We have another boat we use for cruising and parking. So total I think we did about 95 hours this year between two boats and a jet ski, so pretty good summer. We have a 15 month old and he loves the boats. But he cries when I slip out the back to wakeboard because he's still not sure what the heck I'm doing back there. Then again, neither am I. :)

What lake do you get out on in NC?

sorry, missed this post. Lake Gaston.

We've put in close to 90 hrs on Lake Norman this year from middle of June to first of October. Now the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we've moved to Belew's lake for the winter. I'm sure I'll get close to another 90 before next spring. We were over there last weekend and water ranged from 80-90 degrees! Thumbup.gif

I would like some clarification on Belew's lake!!! Pretty sure that I'll put the boat in Norman 1 more time for an hour or so to heat it up, just need some warmer weather so I can winterize the damn boat Crazy.gif

Belew's is awesome. It's about 20 minutes northeast of Winston in Stokesdale, NC. And it's HEATED!!! Yahoo.gif The steam station dumps hot water into the lake and it heats the majority of the lake. At the launch the water was 72ish, but by the time we got to the area where we ride it was up to 80ish. I didn't go all the way up to the discharge, but some of the people we met over there went and said the water was 90 where it's dumped in. They ride there all winter and say the water never drops below 60-65 even in middle of the winter. You should check it out. It was like jumping into a hot bath on Sunday. Thumbup.gif

Not to hijack the main thread, but Belews is pretty unique and I think is part of Duke Power. Hyco Lake is another lake that has heated parts from Carolina Power. Bought my first BU from the guys in Greensboro who went out of business, Pro Marine. Think they are now back under a different owner I think.