Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Season

jetskipro550

About 40 hours on the BU. But that is spent solely wakeboarding. We have another boat we use for cruising and parking. So total I think we did about 95 hours this year between two boats and a jet ski, so pretty good summer. We have a 15 month old and he loves the boats. But he cries when I slip out the back to wakeboard because he's still not sure what the heck I'm doing back there. Then again, neither am I. :)

What lake do you get out on in NC?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• wakeup

• snowpunx08

• Sixball

32 hours. Which is 6 hours more than I spent driving 4 states away and back to buy the boat during the winter of 08.... not complaining it was just a number I wanted to be sure to exceed during the summer. First year in new to me boat....all in all an awesome season....but not very warm this year in Kansas....

Only 6 (long) months till next season.

Only exactly 40 hours this season. Wow that seems low, especially when I consider I was going thru 10 gallons of fuel a week for at least 12 weeks. That is pure power boating, almost zero cruising, then park it and hang out on the pier. However, the kids and wife were all getting wakeboarding figured out at the end of the season, and the boys now intend to barefoot too, so that'll change next year.

After a broken hand on our first outing on May 31st which left me as nothing but the driver for 6 weeks, we logged about 100 hours. Our weather has definitely turned in the last month. I will be winterizing in the next month or so. The 2009 season is over!

About 125 for us. It was a pretty good year for only having the water above 80 for 5 days! Shocking.gif I have to winterize this weekend as I'm headed to Australia for 3 weeks so I guess the wetsuit isn't going to get much use this fall. Cry.gif

Mr Archer..........................I have friends who come from Pa. to hang with us at Lake Anna. You (and anyone else who is interested) should too. Due to the nukes we ride all year! Yahoo.gif ( except we missed Feb. the past three seasons) My newest favorite T shirt says "What off season?" Dontknow.gif Our side of the lake is heated and private. We are truly blessed.

My crew's average is 350-400 hours per year. Injuries kept me down to around 50 hours so far this year, but it ain't over yet! No.gif

That is truly awesome! Yahoo.gif After cabin fever starts to set in, I just might have to take you up on it! It looks like it would be about a 6 hour drive for us. Well worth it for warm water in winter time! Thumbup.gif

We've put in close to 90 hrs on Lake Norman this year from middle of June to first of October. Now the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we've moved to Belew's lake for the winter. I'm sure I'll get close to another 90 before next spring. We were over there last weekend and water ranged from 80-90 degrees! Thumbup.gif

We've put in close to 90 hrs on Lake Norman this year from middle of June to first of October. Now the weather has taken a turn for the worse and we've moved to Belew's lake for the winter. I'm sure I'll get close to another 90 before next spring. We were over there last weekend and water ranged from 80-90 degrees! Thumbup.gif

I would like some clarification on Belew's lake!!! Pretty sure that I'll put the boat in Norman 1 more time for an hour or so to heat it up, just need some warmer weather so I can winterize the damn boat Crazy.gif

I would like some clarification on Belew's lake!!! Pretty sure that I'll put the boat in Norman 1 more time for an hour or so to heat it up, just need some warmer weather so I can winterize the damn boat Crazy.gif

Belew's is awesome. It's about 20 minutes northeast of Winston in Stokesdale, NC. And it's HEATED!!! Yahoo.gif The steam station dumps hot water into the lake and it heats the majority of the lake. At the launch the water was 72ish, but by the time we got to the area where we ride it was up to 80ish. I didn't go all the way up to the discharge, but some of the people we met over there went and said the water was 90 where it's dumped in. They ride there all winter and say the water never drops below 60-65 even in middle of the winter. You should check it out. It was like jumping into a hot bath on Sunday. Thumbup.gif

Belew's is awesome. It's about 20 minutes northeast of Winston in Stokesdale, NC. And it's HEATED!!! Yahoo.gif The steam station dumps hot water into the lake and it heats the majority of the lake. At the launch the water was 72ish, but by the time we got to the area where we ride it was up to 80ish. I didn't go all the way up to the discharge, but some of the people we met over there went and said the water was 90 where it's dumped in. They ride there all winter and say the water never drops below 60-65 even in middle of the winter. You should check it out. It was like jumping into a hot bath on Sunday. Thumbup.gif

Wow, are you sure it's just a steam station, when you get out are you glowing green? :) I just might have to venture up that way!! Thanks.

We put about 75 hours on our boat, but I spent a lot of time behind a friend's Ski Nautique this year skiing and we took another friend's boat to Trinity for our houseboat vacation.

Wow, are you sure it's just a steam station, when you get out are you glowing green? :) I just might have to venture up that way!! Thanks.

Nope, no glowing and no extra body parts...............not yet at least. Shoot me a message if you guys are ever heading over that way.

My kids put 190 hrs on the 03 vlx. I put maybe 2 . The river was good for the boys this summer. Ages 15 17 and 20. Total hours approaching 900. Great boat(knock on wood), The usual oil changes, impeller, Blown coolant discharge hose at impeller. All seams falling out of seats. NO props or starter this summer which is surprising ( I wish they wouldn't fill up the bildge for the added weight). One would think with all the ballast full and 11 people in the boat would make the wake big enough. MIddle son sure reached a new level this summer. 9 inverts and landing 7's half the time. He is 6 ft 5 its quite a sight. Its supposed to be 100 here again this weekend so they are still riding.

125 hours, not including all of the drifting and swimming that we did from the boat. Despite the difficult weather in June and July it was still a great summer. Both the wife and I hit our personal goals on the slalom course this summer. All capped off by a great week at Coble's for their last week of the season.

This was a pretty sad year for my crew. 16 days on my old Spyder, 4 days on Rick's Sunsetter (about half of normal), 2 days on Dennis Prostar 197 (about 20% of last year), and 1 day on Terry's Response LX.

We got out for the first time on May 17th and it was June 27th before we got the second day in. Normally we would have 5-7 days by then. I had to scramble at year's end to get some days on the lake.

I'm up to about 80 so far this year... We can ride year round on Lake Sinclair in middle GA on the discharge side of the steam plant, water stays around 65-70 during the winter. Rode last Friday and the water temps are still in the high 70s/low 80s Clap.gif Although we have some cooler weather rolling in today and for the most part of next week.

not nearly enough, but i only got my bu at end of june and now there is snow on the hill, hopefully the resorts open soon so i can use my new skis too. Thumbup.gif

What hill do you ski on out there. I skiied Squaw a few years ago and loved the Tahoe area. Wife and I are starting to plan our annual ski trip and I looked at Heavenly last night online. As not to totally hijack the thread we logged 5 hrs on our boat that we bought last week.

Nope, no glowing and no extra body parts...............not yet at least. Shoot me a message if you guys are ever heading over there.

I will, thanks!!

Needles, are you saying that your kids pull a drain plug and let the bilge fill up with water for extra weight??!! If so, I think I would put an end to that real fast!!

Nope, no glowing and no extra body parts...............not yet at least. Shoot me a message if you guys are ever heading over there.

I will, thanks!!

Needles, are you saying that your kids pull a drain plug and let the bilge fill up with water for extra weight??!! If so, I think I would put an end to that real fast!!

I'm pretty sure he is. Zane Schwenk had a write up in Wakeboarding many years ago about doing this to his mastercrafts. As I recall him putting it, why clutter up the boat when you can add water below deck!