Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 V Ride question?

WakeVA

Seriously Nemire? Every Vride price I have found is $36k - $44k. The only exception to that is another FL boat on Ebay where the starting price is $25k, and the reserve hasn't been met.

I realize salt water use will drop the value. But isn't most of FL brackish at worst? When I lived in Seattle there were always quite a few boats that got used in the Sound.... which is not brackish, but full on, Pacific Ocean salt. And if the boat was taken care of (flushed & covered), then the value was typically just below that of a non-saltwater used boat. But not + $10k or 25% of it's value.

No doubt, get an inspection & see just how bad any salt damage is...... IF there is any.

Damn Bill calm down!! That's just my opinion based on what I got my boat for, I guess I got a better deal than I thought. Don't forget about the possible repo issue that OP mentioned, that's not just based on salt exposure. I guess if it checks out mechanically then I would say it's worth $32-35K.

Hehe, thanks. Sounds like you got a screamin deal on yours.

Heres a list of Vrides for sale today. Note 2 Norcal boats for around $36k. Maybe they are overpriced..... no clue what has sold & what has been for sale for a long time.

There was also a guy in the midwest who had a Vride for sale forever..... at least 2 winters. Blue/white, Titan III, somewhere in MI I think. I thought about going to get it but it was a bit more of a drive than I was ready to do. I believe it finally went for around $35k.

Also note that California is one of those markets where things are really cheap now. Car & boat dealers from my area are making trips to LA, Phoenix & Vegas every week, buying cars, trucks & boats at low prices & bringing them north to sell for profit.

Well sounds like I did OK too.... 06 with titan tower speakers, 3 tank MLS, a pair (one each side) of spinner racks, wedge, 175 hrs, one owner.... and definitely less than the range you're talking about. Was beginning to wonder if I struck too soon because the deals seem to get better and better...

Of course it's not what you think your boat is worth, but rather what a buyer is willing to pay you for it. There are certainly lots of boats out there with higher asking prices, but those prices are frequently driven by what sellers owe rather than what the market will support.

Funny thing is I'd been looking up your way too... as far as Portland, anyway, and seemed like there were lots of good deals up there too. It's all relative I guess.

Edited by shawndoggy
The 04 VLX will be more plush... :)

OK, I'm a little curious about that comment. There are 2 VLXs & 2 Vrides on my dock. It's hard to tell them apart. Emblems are different. The VLX has a table. Some have a nicer steering wheel (but my Vride has the Isotta throttle knob). VLX may or may not have all 4 ballast tanks. So it seems like a crapshoot as to what you get. Depends on what it was ordered with & what was added.

Just for comparison's sake, here is a list of 04 VLXs for sale. Prices range from $29k - $39k.

Cool to validate the price you paid, huh, Shawndoggy? I bought mine 2 yrs ago, when prices were dropping but had not even close to bottomed out. It originally listed for like $51k, and it's pretty loaded, 3 ballast tanks, Titan II w/ racks, $4k stereo, rims & tires, VLX trim, PP, heat, shower, 169 hrs, etc. I talked to the seller a couple of times but wasn't going to pay the price he wanted. He ended up trading the boat in to BridgeCity where I picked it up for over $10k less than his original asking price. When we did the deal the bank took 2nd & 3rd looks at it because they thought it was almost too good of a deal. Obviously in hind sight we could have done even better had we waited. Funny how it's always 20/20.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
The 04 VLX will be more plush... :)

OK, I'm a little curious about that comment. There are 2 VLXs & 2 Vrides on my dock. It's hard to tell them apart. Emblems are different. The VLX has a table. Some have a nicer steering wheel (but my Vride has the Isotta throttle knob). VLX may or may not have all 4 ballast tanks. So it seems like a crapshoot as to what you get. Depends on what it was ordered with & what was added.

Just for comparison's sake, here is a list of 04 VLXs for sale. Prices range from $29k - $39k.

Cool to validate the price you paid, huh, Shawndoggy? I bought mine 2 yrs ago, when prices were dropping but had not even close to bottomed out. It originally listed for like $51k, and it's pretty loaded, 3 ballast tanks, Titan II w/ racks, $4k stereo, rims & tires, VLX trim, PP, heat, shower, 169 hrs, etc. I talked to the seller a couple of times but wasn't going to pay the price he wanted. He ended up trading the boat in to BridgeCity where I picked it up for over $10k less than his original asking price. When we did the deal the bank took 2nd & 3rd looks at it because they thought it was almost too good of a deal. Obviously in hind sight we could have done even better had we waited. Funny how it's always 20/20.

A good friend has an 03 and it was more comfy to be in for the day. Not much, maybe 12% more comfy.

Not sure if you guys remember, but when the economy first "crashed" this past year there were two brand new '08's on Ebay with a buy it now of $36K. Wish I would have pulled the trigger!

A good friend has an 03 and it was more comfy to be in for the day. Not much, maybe 12% more comfy.

Meaning the upholstery? Or the padding inside the seats?

I have a buddy who now owns an 06 LSV (sweet boat). He used to own a (I think) 2000 or 2001 VLX. He had the 4 ballast setup, Monsoon, and I think he had 6 volt batteries in it (more weight). The thing was a dog, slow out of the hole, turned like a truck, almost painful to ride behind. I'm sure he should have re-propped it. But it made me look away from Malibu for a long time. Then somewhere along the way I rode in/behind one with the Gorilla fins & it drove night & day better. Which made me start looking at 04 VLXs & 05 - 07 Vrides. I test drove like a dozen boats before I picked one up. And didn't notice much difference in the two. I'll have to look closer at one of them on our dock.

Rater, my local dealer just sold an 08 Vride for around $36k. The new owner rides my lake so I see it around occasionally. It's a nice boat, but very stripped down. Single ballast tank, no stereo, no heat, no shower, no extra bling, single axle trailer, Illusion tower, etc.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Meaning the upholstery? Or the padding inside the seats?

I have a buddy who now owns an 06 LSV (sweet boat). He used to own a (I think) 2000 or 2001 VLX. He had the 4 ballast setup, Monsoon, and I think he had 6 volt batteries in it (more weight). The thing was a dog, slow out of the hole, turned like a truck, almost painful to ride behind. I'm sure he should have re-propped it. But it made me look away from Malibu for a long time. Then somewhere along the way I rode in/behind one with the Gorilla fins & it drove night & day better. Which made me start looking at 04 VLXs & 05 - 07 Vrides. I test drove like a dozen boats before I picked one up. And didn't notice much difference in the two. I'll have to look closer at one of them on our dock.

Rater, my local dealer just sold an 08 Vride for around $36k. The new owner rides my lake so I see it around occasionally. It's a nice boat, but very stripped down. Single ballast tank, no stereo, no heat, no shower, no extra bling, single axle trailer, Illusion tower, etc.

cushioning(is that a word) and thicker carpet mainly

Thanks for all the input. I started out looking for a starter boat for 10-15K, then decided I really wanted a V drive. So after finding only a few and folks wanting 20K or so I read about the Vride having come out in 05. Figured I'd be crazy not to try and find one for a few grand more. I just keep bumping and bumping up higher and higher. I guess it's the itch. I've never had it for a boat before. Anyways you are right and i should look at an 04 VLX if I'm gonna spend that kinda money. I really wish there was more selection in my area to go see and learn about. Most stuff I find for sale is west coast. I'll smack myself and be patient ... my boat will come soon enough. It's a long winter I can't ride anyway.

wow gotta admit that it has been nice reading this. We paid 33k for our 05 last August. Came pretty loaded too......t3 tower, bimini, decent stereo/ sub, 3 ballast, perfect pass, monsoon 340, shower, heater......very well taken care of.

We have added lift offs, HSE volume control, rear 750s.

I guess we got a fair deal as well.

I would say to the O.P........wait a little more.

Edited by ruffdawg

20K for a used 03-06 vdrive malibu is gonna be tough. I think that market is not going to go lower when entry level boats are mid 40's. Used market hit the bottom when the Copes boats were being sold for nothing...just a thought.

Early in the summer, there were deals all over the place. As summer progressed, there were still deals to be had but demand came up a little & drove prices back up just a bit (pretty typical, although the market was still nowhere like it had been). They'll be back down soon though. The OP needs to wait & be patient.

I agree. Sorry I have taken so long to listen. Work is going really well for me now and the thought of being able to have a boat has me not thinking straight. Either way its already cold and I have a busy xmas right around the corner. I'll keep my eye out but probably just reassess after the first of the year.