Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where do you step?

RedOwl

I just hop in, push off the dock about 15' then say come on over! OK, well I am not that tightly wound. I have started putting a towel on the seat in the corner. So it is either step on the towel that is on the seat, or the bow cushion, or the swim step and dip your feet to rinse them off. No shoes. No stepping on gel coat.

They may have...ugly feet, and be embarrassed by them.

Yeah, what if your feet looked like this?

I didn't really need to see that. Yours?

If I'm working on a project in the driveway and I am going in and out of the boat (never have the right tools with me) I try to step on the throwable cushion. Also, if we are at the dock picking up a bunch of people we try to use it as well. Other then that, we just try to have people take off their shoes if they are going to step on the seats.

Then maybe they should...ummm... :unsure: ...stay home? Yes.gif

:lol: There I go, discriminating against the ugly-footed. :Doh:

Yeah..who needs the ugly feeted people in our boats anyways? Crazy.gif

I had to replace the vinyl on the port rear cushion last year because the stitching came apart at the beading and now same cushion on the starboard side has the same thing going on. I'm pretty sure this has been caused by using these two particular cushions as a step into the boat. I don't know that there is a perfect solution, so I guess I will just have to plan on getting the vinyl on these seats repaired every few years. Dontknow.gif

So, does anyone know of a source for some high quality stick-on step pads? Something smallish (3" x 6") in black?

I think I'd rather look at these than scratches on top of the gunwale, and as someone said, it's a target for the "steppers".

I'm also planning to use these as protectors for when draping bumpers (only for rafting or at friends docks - never to be deployed when underway...)

Switched docks this year -- driver side boarding - shoes are left on the dock, throwable and towels -- and (I hate to be annal) - "please don't step on the "blue" seams - we've replaced both corners in the last two years... the only one one without worry is our springer "McDuff" and he wears booties... embarasing... but seam repairs are a pain.

Shoes on. Shoes off. Shoes in hand. Why even boat if you have to have shoes with you. Who’s going to wear shoes then take them off to get in the water and then put them on again when they get back in the boat? Oh, I shouldn’t ask that because someone out there does just that. Oh well. If a guest has shoes on I just ask they be careful with the vinyl.

This time of year only, I will do just that. It get's cold on the ol' toeseys as Fall arrives. Won't let anyone else do it, but hey, I'm the captain.

Actually I do tolerate others doing it, now and now only. Of course I don't have the back seat in and it's kind of hard to board onto my observers seat.

I just hop in, push off the dock about 15' then say come on over! OK, well I am not that tightly wound. I have started putting a towel on the seat in the corner. So it is either step on the towel that is on the seat, or the bow cushion, or the swim step and dip your feet to rinse them off. No shoes. No stepping on gel coat.

Only a person with 2 X chromosones would actually worry about that one, right?

Yeah, what if your feet looked like this?

That person is not getting in my boat no matter what. A man has to have limits.