Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

22 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That thing is awesome, but are you at all worried about being WAAAY over payload and towing capacity with that setup?  A standard base model Raptor has 1400 lbs of payload, which isn't much.  Add in a sunroof and a couple nice interior options and you're down to 1200 or less.  Headache rack, light bars, 170 lbs of spare tires, 100 lb hitch, then 1100 lbs of tongue weight and by the time you add passengers, a cooler, etc, you're easily a thousand pounds over payload capacity, significantly over rear axle weight rating, GCWR, GVWR.  Towing an M240 blows way past the max numbers for any Raptor.  Not to be a party pooper since it's a sick setup, but that setup is an insurance nightmare waiting to happen if God forbid, something were to happen.

Do they make Raptor Super Duty Diesels?

33 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That thing is awesome, but are you at all worried about being WAAAY over payload and towing capacity with that setup?  A standard base model Raptor has 1400 lbs of payload, which isn't much.  Add in a sunroof and a couple nice interior options and you're down to 1200 or less.  Headache rack, light bars, 170 lbs of spare tires, 100 lb hitch, then 1100 lbs of tongue weight and by the time you add passengers, a cooler, etc, you're easily a thousand pounds over payload capacity, significantly over rear axle weight rating, GCWR, GVWR.  Towing an M240 blows way past the max numbers for any Raptor.  Not to be a party pooper since it's a sick setup, but that setup is an insurance nightmare waiting to happen if God forbid, something were to happen.

That's not a Raptor, it is an F250.

Just now, Slayer said:

It's ok, you're a GM guy......easy mistake.

:) and to be fair, there is such a beast as a Shelby Raptor and it looks a heck of a lot like the SuperBaja from the bed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ahopkins22LSV
19 hours ago, Slayer said:

1498199692_TruckBoat.jpeg.557b022fcd37a70e3f361e8944500735.jpeg

First time towing with this truck.  It’s awesome!

Don't know why the photo is upside down.

Saw in person and right side up… looked awesome!!

For the picture. It’s an upload glitch. I’ve found if you rotate your photo in your phone to upside down. Save it, then rotate it back to normal it uploads correctly here. No idea why but it has worked every time for me… :dontknow:

Finally got my tremor and looking for a hitch.  My M220 has a 2" ball so the B&W won't work, 7500# rating on 2" .. WTH!?!?!

What drop range is needed?

Looks awesome!  So far what's the Godzilla averaging for gas mileage w/out towing?

1 hour ago, pauley71 said:

Finally got my tremor and looking for a hitch.  My M220 has a 2" ball so the B&W won't work, 7500# rating on 2" .. WTH!?!?!

what size receiver?? If diesel you should have the 3in receiver and go with the 5inch drop 2-ball set up 2inch / 2-5/16 , if gasser it should have the 2.5 receiver and you can get this same hitch with a 2.5 shank

B&W Trailer Hitches Tow & Stow -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J3QXYA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It worked great on the stock suspension, and has enough drop with my 5.5in lift

9E29AE1F-BDDE-4C20-8F81-13D471ABBE2D.jpeg

8FF803AB-06F7-43C0-82C4-F7F140FFAFB5.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
1 hour ago, Stevo said:

what size receiver?? If diesel you should have the 3in receiver and go with the 5inch drop 2-ball set up 2inch / 2-5/16 , if gasser it should have the 2.5 receiver and you can get this same hitch with a 2.5 shank

B&W Trailer Hitches Tow & Stow -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J3QXYA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It worked great on the stock suspension, and has enough drop with my 5.5in lift

I have a 3".  2" ball on B&W is only rated to 7500#.  My have to pay another $100 and get a bulletproof rated at 12000#.

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I have a 3".  2" ball on B&W is only rated to 7500#.  My have to pay another $100 and get a bulletproof rated at 12000#.

I’m showing 21,000

strange that 5/16 additional diameter ball more than doubles the rating. Especially when the balls are on the same spindle 

I’d contact B&W, and see what they recommend 

63AB1A70-9280-4AE2-9CC5-1CE7A4B55134.png

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

The bulletproof medium duty gets you 10k on a 2" ball.

22 hours ago, pauley71 said:

That’s taken from my f150 so until the new one arrives I’m using it with the adapter, which sucks.  But to directly answer your question, that’s a 3” drop and it’s almost perfectly level using the 2.5” drop position.

21 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Looks awesome!  So far what's the Godzilla averaging for gas mileage w/out towing?

I only pulled it 35 miles to the dealer and the lie-o-meter said 8.  Unloaded I’m seeing 13 ish.

1 minute ago, Stevo said:

Doggy, what’s your review on the rock tamers??

Do you leave them on full time? 

I had them on the F150.  Not on full time and they worked well.  Buying another for the tremor.

55 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

The best hitch out there without question 

FD3664F6-B569-4ED3-8A5E-DC1695CD8E73.jpeg

A21E8B36-EA38-4954-9D1B-26A0E939FF0E.jpeg

If I towed heavy all the time I’d probably agree. But that is way over kill for my 7000 pound boat. I’ll stick with my stow and tow. 

• Like 1