Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

Thanks MalibuTime - got it figured out after some fiddling - Bakes came through big time on the boot and now I'm ready for anything the PNW can throw at me weatherwise.

To fold it, unclip the short legs (bottom mount on tower) fold the two hoops together and wrap/roll the top around the hoops. The front legs that stick straight out from the front of the tower come off and unclip. Once you get a cover (wide U shape with zipper down it), it zips over the rolled up cover, tuck the short legs up into it, tip it forward and wrap the straps (that should be on the zip on cover) around the front hoop of the tower, click the strap in and tighten, and you are good for freeway speeds.

One suggestion though, I learned on long road trips you should take the bimini off and toss it in the boat. The set screws that hold the end fitting in can vibrate loose if it is windy and you can loose a fitting.

BTW, sweet looking boat, love black.

A pic from today at the lake the 98 Sierra slt with the 09 vtx

:rockon:

0701011704.jpg

that is a gorgeous color scheme on your bu

that is a gorgeous color scheme on your bu

Thanks! we really like it only thing is it doesn't match the truck but oh well, i guess that just means a new tow rig in the future :)

Don't have a picture of it pulling the boat yet as the boat is on the lift at the Marina, but this is the new draft animal we will be pulling the boat with:

5954130447_9839c632dc_z.jpg

Should be considerable more fun than the 2002 Yukon I have been doing the job with before

4805521638_bfbfa2cd9d_z.jpg

Here is the vacation mobile that we use.2713944950101012689S600x600Q85.jpg

I just got a mental image of backing that rig down the ramp. I rented a 36 footer to drive home for christmas. It sure beat sleeping in my in-laws' house (smokers =P).

I just got a mental image of backing that rig down the ramp. I rented a 36 footer to drive home for christmas. It sure beat sleeping in my in-laws' house (smokers =P).

I did it last weekend, all 36 and half feet or her! I was a little worried about the launch. Its soft sand and I thought it may be quite a gong show if I got it stuck. But things went fine. I should have jumped out and grabbed a picture or two. :crazy:

I did it last weekend, all 36 and half feet or her! I was a little worried about the launch. Its soft sand and I thought it may be quite a gong show if I got it stuck. But things went fine. I should have jumped out and grabbed a picture or two. :crazy:

I'm glad you didn't... best to not press ones luck in that situation. It would have been cool to see though :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

9b37b77b.jpg

That looks like Little Grass Valley Lake...am i right? Goin there next weekend and I cant wait. Bringin the 5 month old for her second camping trip this summer!

The father in-law actually installed a hidden hitch in the front of his diesel pusher just for that reason. He'd get backed up to the lauch, unhook, rehook from the front and then "push" his boat in. Never worried about water by the engine, never worried about getting stuck. Just a thought...

I just picked up my new (and first) bu last weekend. I had to sell my Supra to get it. I love it, and it is a way nicer boat than my old Supra, but sill miss my old boat too!

IMG_0020.jpg

Finally got some pictures of the tow rig...2010 Tundra Crew Max TRD Rock Warrior. Tows like a dream compared to my Tacoma that I towed it with before! Luckily I didn't tow much with the Tacoma since we rent a slip for the Summer.

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

here is my tow rig...used beginniing and end of season as it stays on the lift at the cottage for the season....

2010 Ford F150 XTR 4x4

post-16725-040015400 1312977307_thumb.jp

Hey PrimeData, nice setup, how's the Navigator on towing, any problems or hiccups? My family has an 09 Navigator L and we're getting a new boat next spring. Was just wondering how the Lincoln does pulling 4,000 - 6,000 lbs. ? Thanks man.

Hey PrimeData, nice setup, how's the Navigator on towing, any problems or hiccups? My family has an 09 Navigator L and we're getting a new boat next spring. Was just wondering how the Lincoln does pulling 4,000 - 6,000 lbs. ? Thanks man.

This 2010 is my 3rd Navi and first that doesn't have the towing package (i.e. no tranny cooler, air suspension or 7 pin lights connector).

No problems what so ever, so far. Plenty of acceleration and the anti-sway makes towing a breeze. My only gripe is the brackets for the trailer safety cables on the hitch are a P.I.T.A.