Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 7 year old learned how to slalom

euroman

See Jack...there's hope for you yet. This 7 year old just stuck with it until he got it figured out. I know it has taken you a lot longer but don't give up, you'll figure it out eventually. Innocent.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Yuro, congrats on the little skier. Thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen posted on TMC. My wife and I unexpectedly welcomed our baby girl, Lacey, into the world on September 1st. Unfortunately, she was born 12 weeks premature, and is currently in the fight of her life in the NICU. I dream everyday of a moment just like the one portrayed in your video. I'm am confident that she's got the fight to pull through, and I will certainly keep your video in mind as she grows to love watersports just like her mom and I.

Thank you for sharing that special moment with the 'crew' family Rockon.gif

Sorry to hear about the preemy fight. I'll pray for you all.

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gifPlus1.gif

Me Too..... Plus1.gif How is she doing now???

Just visited this thread for an update, hope all are doing well.

Watched the video again and realized the wake comes almost to his hip! Can you imagine crossing a slalom wake that is 3 feet high????

Watched the video again and realized the wake comes almost to his hip! Can you imagine crossing a slalom wake that is 3 feet high????

No, but then again when you are so close to the water to begin with, you don't fall as far as we do.

No, but then again when you are so close to the water to begin with, you don't fall as far as we do.

Isn't that the truth! I have to say, the wake doesn't seem so bad when on the water. It is an 07 response LXi, at 20 mph, so even though it is a touch high, it is relatively smooth! He is trying to cut harder now, and when he hits the wake he has to stand up because it is a little high. It's the end of our season now, so next year we'll get him going faster and faster to get to the point of a smaller wake.

Does anyone have an update on Lacey? I hope all is well with her.

Here are a few pictures of our family:

http://gallery.me.com/myihns/100109

Heiko is the seven year old, that now sticks his tongue out when he cuts. Petra is our five year old who just dropped the bar and skis on two. Ingrid just turned two, I've pulled her along the shore, and she wants to go behind the boat. We'll try that if it is warm enough this weekend...

• 2 months later...

That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen posted on TMC. My wife and I unexpectedly welcomed our baby girl, Lacey, into the world on September 1st. Unfortunately, she was born 12 weeks premature, and is currently in the fight of her life in the NICU. I dream everyday of a moment just like the one portrayed in your video. I'm am confident that she's got the fight to pull through, and I will certainly keep your video in mind as she grows to love watersports just like her mom and I.

Thank you for sharing that special moment with the 'crew' family Rockon.gif

Not to hijack the OPs thread, but to update: our baby daughter, Lacey, is finally home from the NICU...after a 4 month fight for her life, she is finally home with mom and dad :-). She is doing really well, and I see no reason why she won't be taking her first boat ride on the bu' sometime this summer!!!!!

Not to hijack the OPs thread, but to update: our baby daughter, Lacey, is finally home from the NICU...after a 4 month fight for her life, she is finally home with mom and dad :-). She is doing really well, and I see no reason why she won't be taking her first boat ride on the bu' sometime this summer!!!!!

That's the best Christmas/New Years gift, congratulations to you and your family!! She is obviously a strong little girl, I'm sure you're proud!!

That's the best Christmas/New Years gift, congratulations to you and your family!! She is obviously a strong little girl, I'm sure you're proud!!

To the OP, that is a great video. We have some vids of our kids skiing at 4 years old and wakeboarding anywhere from 5 and up.

Also my oldest daughter was a premature birth. Some heart and lung issues, with lots of bouts of pneumonia as well. I am glad to say that seh is a happy and healthy (and sassy) 11 year old nopw that skis, wakeboards, surfs, kneeboards and anything else she can get her hands on!! Here is a quick picture of all of us wakeboarding last summer. It is a great thing as a parent to watch them grow and learn! Enjoy your time with them!

post-5478-126262899243_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

Glad to hear Lacey pulled through and you can all get on with normal life. Take as many photos and videos as you can. it is worth it.

Can't imagine the hospital bill though.

Glad to hear Lacey pulled through and you can all get on with normal life. Take as many photos and videos as you can. it is worth it.

Can't imagine the hospital bill though.

Roughly a 1/2 mil!!! Luckily we have good insurance and she also qualified for supplemental insurance since she is considered "disabled" for the first two years of her life.