Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Props to the CFO!

srud

My Bride pulls double duty,

3 bu's and 14 years of putting them on trailers in all kinds of conditions, she could do it blindfolded. More challanging is putting the house boat close enough to our mooring buoy for me to reach down and connect it.

Normally when we come back to the buoy on sunday afternoon the wind is blowing and constantly shifting which means the houseboats moored on either side of us also changing direction. She has to wind through 3 lines of houseboats changing direction with a 20 foot wide houseboat and the Malibu tied along side and 80 feet of clearance max. That clearance can shrink considerably as the boats twist in the wind.

I may be a bit boastful, but I think its pretty impressive.

]congrats!! That sweet, I know its great when my gf Jen picks the truck up and drops the trailer right in. Then I'll drive the bu up, she'll hook up the and crank it up the rest of the way.Ditto.  Kim does a great job as well.  Now, I just have to teach her how to drive the boat up on the trailer.  Crazy.gif

Now just to get her to drive the boat when I'm boarding. :unsure:

Sounds like Jen needs a title chage?

What like Boat loader or driver.

Whistling.gif

had to fix the quote's

Edited by D-GOOSE

She may be the the CFO but you will always ne Chairman of The Board and President.

Someone in any company gets to say yes or no. Just Kidding.

We learned early not to be dumn___ts at the ramp. I see the jealous looks from couples every time my wife drives it right on.

EW

Great Topic,

My wife has learned to drive the 25' on the trailer.....SHe does great as long as she doesn't convince herself the current is pushing her sideways and she starts over correcting..

Man there is nothing like a 25' comin' in crooked...I'm helpless! Shocking.gif

But overall she does a great job and it's awesome when we nail it and we are in and out in 2 minutes wiping the boat off when I/0 guy has his wife holding the boat beside the dock while he scrambles around doing everything!

It's hilarious to see my 5'0" wife pull in this huge boat while they watch!

ROFL.gif

Im 18 (but I look younger) and ride with my uncle on his boat. My dad would usually put the trailer in and my uncle drive it on. My dad couldnt come out with us alot this year which meant that I had to learn to drop the trailer. The first time it took me two trys but I got the hand of it pretty quick. Its fun to see the guys who cant put their own trailers in watch me go right in.

this would make an interesting poll... who puts the boat on better, you or the CFO?? honesty would be a problem... but there is plenty of pride on who has the better driving CFO..

My wife does not like to even drive the boat much less would she ever agree to put it on the trailer so I taught her how to back the trailer instead. Of course, my older boy is now 12 and can legally drive the boat... :) ...with an adult observer.

Troy (SacRiverRat) is coming up to play this Friday and the boys are out of school for an "in-service" something or other so I do believe that it is time for lesson # 1. Hmmmm, time for a new thread.... Biggrin.gif

My son Drew, who is thirteen, has started pulling me around the lake. He does a great job! drives a stight line, no power turns, no rollers, brings the rope around just right and doesn't even worry about his hair or the music like the CFO Whistling.gif. as soon as he perfects pulling a rider, the next step is manuvering around the dock and other boats in close quarters.

this would make an interesting poll... who puts the boat on better, you or the CFO?? honesty would be a problem... but there is plenty of pride on who has the better driving CFO..

I would have to say my wife wins - she has driven the LSV onto the trailer probably 50 times compared to my 4-5 times. She does great unless there is a stiff crosswind, but even then she doesn't chicken out.

She also pulls me on the wakeboard good & she tears the h*!! out of us on

the dreaded tube.

doesn't even worry about his hair or the music like the CFO Whistling.gif.

I hope you don't tell her. I made the mistake of telling Jen that if were you and your daughter wanted to take the boat out (grad house boat Biggrin.gif ) then I would send Drew with to drive and to take care of things. Boy was I in the dog house.[COLOR=purple] "What a girl can't drive and so on. Ranting.gif"

This reminds me of what you wife told you daughters "friend" ROFL.gif