Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing the new 247

Brad B

I know nothing but it seems to me that the manual says not to run over 30mph with the wedge down or it will cause "adverse handling conditions" (nothing about structural damage). That sounds like a lot more stress than what a wedge halfway down at 9.8mph is going to have.

I am really looking forward to how these mods are going to work out.

Must have bigger wake.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• Ronnie

• Brad B

• stewart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Well we got a chance to take a 247 out thanks to WSA

Take a look at this monster surf wake.

Basically stock ballast with a 400lb sac in the port locker, 10 passengers and the wedge at 1/2

When you said you had the wedge a 1/2, was it literally at halfway between up and down on the gauge? Or, was it like 1 or 2 bars from bottom?

• 2 weeks later...
this is Tim Tom's son. i am in a cad class at school right now acautlly. any way last week end while at the lake we took quite awhile measuring the 06 wedge at what the computer was saying is half way, and measued just the bracket it self on older style wedge. I have put the design in CAD and just finished cutting two peices that mimick the sides of the wedge bracket. it is made from .250 inch steel plate. i cut some .375 inch plate that will have two holes in it and will weld onto the .250 plate. the only modification to the orginal wedge bracket is going to be longer bolts on the top of the wedge arm and a .5 inch hole will have to be driller near the inside bottom coner. with this design the wedge will work in the stock postion or the two other postions. For any one that will be at the halloween washout, we will be demoing the new bracket. should be interesting. i am going to try to load the CAD design.

_tIm_

Any update from Tim's son on the bracket mod?

Thanks!

Man, I am going to design something to mount my standard wedge halfway down! That is a monster wave not wake. I think it is too big to call it a wake!

I am jeolous!

Joe

If you designe something, I would be ineterested.