Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing the new 247

Brad B

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• Ronnie

• Brad B

• stewart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But then the strength  of the legs would probably not be enough. I would think the stress would be less at 11 mph than 22 mph. I probably am totally wrong though.

Probably true, but the bracket & foil weren't designed for that & I think that you'd be taking a chance. It was designed to be used with the bottom pins locked in = more strength. Using just the top pins would create more leverage against the foil arms & especially at the angle of half deployed....I think it's asking for trouble, but that's JMO.

Edited by WakeGirl

I am considering machining my own mounting plate for a sv-23 wedge if someone can get a good side profile pic of the power wedge halfway deployed I will add the extra holes for a "half way setting" and see how it works.

This could be a really cool mod. Would replacing the mounting plate be as easy as removing the 4 bolts that are holding it on the transom or is there something I am missing? Also, given the issues we have seen with the wedge bolts shearing off, I wonder if this could void a warranty? I am betting it would. That being said, this is definitely something that Malibu should be considering. A mounting plate that provides 2 or 3 or more (down) positions.

Is the plate machined, or stamped and bent to that shape?

It appears that they are machined out of standard C-10 aluminum channel

It appears that they are machined out of standard C-10 aluminum channel

I looked at this material once already and forgot which one it is. If someone has quick access to a wedge to confirm, it would be great.

Here are your two choices:

1) 6061-T6 Alum - C10 X 6.14 lb/ft (10 Deep X 3.5 flange X .25 web thickness X .41 flg thickness)

2) 6061-T6 Alum - C10 X 8.36lb/ft (10 Deep X 4.25 flange X .31 web thickness X .50 flg thickness)

I would get someone to check how far down the Power Wedge actually is when set at 1/2 on the guage before I assumed that it actually is 1/2 deployed.

Since the PWedge only deploys while underway: To actually get a picture someone will have to set up a fake-A-lake to make it happen, right?

I would get someone to check how far down the Power Wedge actually is when set at 1/2 on the guage before I assumed that it actually is 1/2 deployed.

Since the PWedge only deploys while underway: To actually get a picture someone will have to set up a fake-A-lake to make it happen, right?

And get someone to get under there and spin the paddle wheel.

Which brings up the question - why does it hafta be underway to deploy?

So people won't be able to get the correct angle to make a mod. Biggrin.gif

But, those that do will have a huge wake...Surfing.gif

Believe me if it enhances it half as much as the power wedge half way down on the 247 over the weekend did, it will be worth the effort to add a half way setting to the mounting plate that I am going to make.

Believe me if it enhances it half as much as the power wedge half way down on the 247 over the weekend did, it will be worth the effort to add a half way setting to the mounting plate that I am going to make.

You know, you 'll have a great group buy, if you figure that one out........

You go boy.

But when your transom is at the bottom of the lake remember, we in no way spurred you, recommended you pursue this, or instilled any desire in you to modify your existing Wedge assembly - solely for the increase in surfability of your wakes.

;)

Someone get a picture of the power wedge in the "half way" position and I will go from there. I can either buy a new set of mounting plates for $300 or have a set made with a halfway setting a little cheaper. If it does not work oh well i'm not out anything I will just have an extra set of holes in my mounting plate, if it does work everyone will be happy.