Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Do Y'all Do In the Winter???

luvtheBU

That's been an easy answer for the past 24 years as I coach hockey. This year my youngest son is off to college and will be playing. So I'll hang it up and we'll travel to watch him play, so still going to be busy but different being in the stands instead of on the bench. Not sure I'm ready for that but I guess I'll adjust and look forward to next Summer when that hits. Whistling.gif

You can coach from the stands.... Tease2.gif Parents "TRY" to do it all of the time. I try to steer clear of the screamers that try to coach their kids from the stands. I personally am an internal screamer and every now and then something flies out of my mouth that is completely unexpected. Hockey is the greatest sport. I love watching the kids play.

I forgot to add hunting. We bought the 2, 14 yr olds 30.06's this year and we will be hunting on private land where I grew up in Hobson, MT.

My wife may or may not be looking forward to showing me her side since I started coaching way back when. The few times I did watch games up there it is always wierd for me and I don't like watching how parents behave ... or should I say misbehave.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvtheBU

• Baddog

• Bill_AirJunky

• areamike

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to ride year round in Seattle. It was never cold enough to keep us off the lake for more than a couple weeks.

Then we moved to the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area. The lake gets kinda hard in the winter around here.

Oh really? I LOVE Coeur d'alene. We are heading down there this coming weekend for a few days.

I snowboard, and will be trying some sledding this year!

Used to ride year round in Seattle. It was never cold enough to keep us off the lake for more than a couple weeks.

Then we moved to the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area. The lake gets kinda hard in the winter around here.

Oh really? I LOVE Coeur d'alene. We are heading down there this coming weekend for a few days.

I snowboard, and will be trying some sledding this year!

Bet the lake was gorgeous today. We'll be out all day Sunday. Stop by & say hello if you see a 23' XTI & an 09 Vride full of foils.

I call skyskier and beg for keys to the heated lake.

No lie.............dude shows up with road salt all over the trailer! Dedication!

you are the keymaster...but the 100 degree water is a bit much during the summer

That's been an easy answer for the past 24 years as I coach hockey. This year my youngest son is off to college and will be playing. So I'll hang it up and we'll travel to watch him play, so still going to be busy but different being in the stands instead of on the bench. Not sure I'm ready for that but I guess I'll adjust and look forward to next Summer when that hits. Whistling.gif

You can coach from the stands.... Tease2.gif Parents "TRY" to do it all of the time. I try to steer clear of the screamers that try to coach their kids from the stands. I personally am an internal screamer and every now and then something flies out of my mouth that is completely unexpected. Hockey is the greatest sport. I love watching the kids play.

I forgot to add hunting. We bought the 2, 14 yr olds 30.06's this year and we will be hunting on private land where I grew up in Hobson, MT.

My wife may or may not be looking forward to showing me her side since I started coaching way back when. The few times I did watch games up there it is always wierd for me and I don't like watching how parents behave ... or should I say misbehave.

Give her a squishie ball and some jerkie.

• 2 weeks later...
What the heck? Is he busting up the ice and then skiing over the chunks? That's nuts!

He was actually busting a path in the ice to get to my dock. We had clear water out in the channel with no floaters around.

What the heck? Is he busting up the ice and then skiing over the chunks? That's nuts!

He was actually busting a path in the ice to get to my dock. We had clear water out in the channel with no floaters around.

Haha! That is classic! You get the Ironman award!

Not sure where I found this, but I thought it was fitting....

WaterSki.jpg

Thats classic. I want that as wallpaper. On a side note, this winter I am going to invent a product that will turn the watersports industry on its head

Thats classic. I want that as wallpaper. On a side note, this winter I am going to invent a product that will turn the watersports industry on its head

What is the nature of this product that the crew can look forward to using in the future? Dontknow.gif

Not sure where I found this, but I thought it was fitting....

WaterSki.jpg

It's Diamond Lake, WA. Like 4 yrs ago. JT & his buddies decided to uncover it & have some fun taking pictures. I put them up & they keep coming back year after year.

The engine was toast. Took like $2k to rebuild it & they used it the following summer. No hull damage at all.

Snowboarding

powpow.jpg

Sand Duning

100_1066.jpg

we used to ride all year but, decided life it too short to freeze your a** off!!

When is your first trip? I'm so amped for dune season!!!!! PS....we just did an epic trip to Pleasant today. Perfect weather and glass all day!!

post-9092-1252992837_thumb.jpg