Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much do you drink??

Ndawg12

How many?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. On a nice 90+ degree day with the normal size crew how many drinks will you consume (in an 8 hour outing), state why below if you don't mind.

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • However many it takes, I'm not driving or responsible for anything!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Michigan boarder

• Baddog

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this has been done before, but lets do it again!! Thumbup.gif

I have found that since I got my boat (and my son around the same time) my drinking has curtailed somewhat. When with friends in any situation I would drink to get feeling pretty good and sometimes a little more. But I have found that since I'm responsible for so much while boating (driving to ramp, unloading, driving boat, watching my son, loading, driving home) that there's no way I can drink more than 6 beers in an 8 hour period and still stay on top of things at all times. I have also noticed this has spilled over into drinking situations off the boat as well. Once again, another instance where the BU was a spectacular purchase!! And my son too!!

BTW: I'm not an alcoholic and never was, just took me a little longer to grow up!!

you know the same has happened with me. I take it VERY easy.

maybe not the right place for this post but didn't want to start a new thread just for this...

anyone seen these before??

boat barstools

Uhm, one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. But it would be hilarious to goose the throttle just to see them scream as the boat drives off!

Just want to say last year a pontoon on my lake was hit by a jet ski at 11:00pm. This was way past the legal time for the jet ski to be on the lake but the driver of the jet ski died. The sheriff had a blood alcohol test run on the pontoon driver and ya just over the legal limit. drug and alcohol test will be run on any crash causing death in Mi. Long story and i will not go on but today the pontoon driver is serving a two year jail and years of probation.

I have nearly give up drinking myself I have nothing against it and have done my Shir in my younger days. Just seam to be finding enough satisfaction in life today that I just don't do much drinking. We live on the lake and ski in the AM and never know if it is a good evening and not a lot of traffic we often drop a boat and get some skiing in in the evening.

The world has changed to much If I lived like I did well I was younger I may be in the cell next to the toon driver. Dontknow.gif

PS The jet ski hit the toon from behind so he ran over the toon.

This drives me crazy! Guy out on his toon relaxing and now he is in jail because of some idiot? Yes, I like you used to boat and party all of the time. Now I am older and more responsible and do not want my boys seeing that "boat Time" is "party Time". I usually pack plenty of Arizona's, Gatorade's, a couple of Coors lights and a few Miller 64's (64's are great, half the alcohol and half the calories).

Just want to say last year a pontoon on my lake was hit by a jet ski at 11:00pm. This was way past the legal time for the jet ski to be on the lake but the driver of the jet ski died. The sheriff had a blood alcohol test run on the pontoon driver and ya just over the legal limit. drug and alcohol test will be run on any crash causing death in Mi. Long story and i will not go on but today the pontoon driver is serving a two year jail and years of probation.

I have nearly give up drinking myself I have nothing against it and have done my Shir in my younger days. Just seam to be finding enough satisfaction in life today that I just don't do much drinking. We live on the lake and ski in the AM and never know if it is a good evening and not a lot of traffic we often drop a boat and get some skiing in in the evening.

The world has changed to much If I lived like I did well I was younger I may be in the cell next to the toon driver. Dontknow.gif

This drives me crazy! Guy out on his toon relaxing and now he is in jail because of some idiot? Yes, I like you used to boat and party all of the time. Now I am older and more responsible and do not want my boys seeing that "boat Time" is "party Time". I usually pack plenty of Arizona's, Gatorade's, a couple of Coors lights and a few Miller 64's (64's are great, half the alcohol and half the calories).

And don't forget no taste.

And don't forget no taste.

Yeah, that's like sex in a canoe, f%^&ing close to water!!

I'm not 21 yet, so 0 is the answer for me. In a little while, that will change though :)

@nemire, my Dad calls miller 64 horse piss

Edited by con247
In some states, such as California, it is also illegal to ski/wakeboard/whatever behind the boat over the legal limit. Just an FYI

I'm also a "none" voter

Shouldn't it be illegal to drink Miller 64, no matter when or where????

Edited by Baddog
In some states, such as California, it is also illegal to ski/wakeboard/whatever behind the boat over the legal limit. Just an FYI

I'm also a "none" voter

Shouldn't it be illegal to drink Miller 64, no matter when or where????

It's all driven by volume. On a guys weekend once I bought that stuff 'cause it was on sale. 3 day weekend, and I drank 3 cases of beer, a case each day. Felt fine when Sunday morning rolled around. Had I been drinking anything else (I'm sure at the same pace), I'd have been a puddle. Especially as my preference is to sample whatever micro brew beer is at the store that I happen across when stocking up.

Actually when our 2 boys were first born I had a lot of neighbors in full party mode every weekend, and to keep up with them I would alternate between Miller High Life and Sharps. I could still hang out with the drinking crowd, but also still be usefull. Another one is to alternate between water and beer, that is 1 bottle of water, 1 can of beer, 1 bottle of water, etc. That keeps the day from going to pieces too.

Or just buy Miller 64!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't drink and drive, not a fan of it when I see it on the water but to each his own. When I'm done for the day its a different story.

Edited by Kingfish
Update

Of those who do drink at least a beer the average is 6.31 drinks.

All together the average is 3.74 -- and still climbing.

If I tie one on, I will easily drink 15-20(beers) in an evening...and then crawl from my dock to the house, or just fall asleep in the boat on the lift. I do not however drink that much or even at all when driving a boat. Especially since it is treated in Indiana the same as Drinking and Driving in a car. And for safety sake of course.

Update

That's because all the monumental drinkers have come out of their stupor and found this poll.

Update

That's because all the monumental drinkers have come out of their stupor and found this poll.

We were kind of thinking there might be a prize involved (like free beer).

Update

If I tie one on, I will easily drink 15-20(beers) in an evening...and then crawl from my dock to the house, or just fall asleep in the boat on the lift. I do not however drink that much or even at all when driving a boat. Especially since it is treated in Indiana the same as Drinking and Driving in a car. And for safety sake of course.

Man, I thought I was the only one who has fallen asleep on the boat while parked at a dock or in the drive way!!! After completing a good upgrade all day and a 12 pack and admiring your work it's easy to dose off!!! Nothing better than a few beers to wash down a good cat leg :)Dontknow.gifWhistling.gif

Update

Come to Lake Norman (and pick up my friends and family in Toledo, OH on your way) and I'll supply all the beer!!!

Update

Come to Lake Norman (and pick up my friends and family in Toledo, OH on your way) and I'll supply all the beer!!!

Gonna need a bigger boat.