Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much do you drink??

Ndawg12

How many?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. On a nice 90+ degree day with the normal size crew how many drinks will you consume (in an 8 hour outing), state why below if you don't mind.

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • However many it takes, I'm not driving or responsible for anything!

Oups ! I might also be one of the bad apples. :blush: 9 to 10 easily. At least 2 of them while I'm surfing. Rockon.gif

But for my defence, I can say that it's always Coors light ! Hummm ! Drool.gif The blue mountain !

I'm driving the boat to the lake, my wife is driving back home. Thumbup.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Michigan boarder

• Baddog

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm random. I could bring a 12pk and drink none or I might bring 2 leftover beers and sip on my buddies beer all day. I've never got 'drunk' on the boat though (unless we're camping on the islands and I'm 100yds from camp). If you could see the space that I have to back my boat into when I get home, you'd know why.

PS. I'm shocked by the number of people who say they don't drink at all, or don't allow alcohol. Not right or wrong, just surprised. I bet if this was a Eliminator Boats website there wouldn't be any of those types of responses! :)

Edited by bs001

Here's an interesting one:

The DNR was on our lake this summer and pulled over some friends who had a boat full. WOTV News 8 was accompanying the cops, and was filming as they breathalized. Fortunately, all was legal, and the driver passed. But I've partied with those guys, and that was not the norm, they got lucky. So, if you are over the limit be prepared not only for the tickets, impact on your driver's license, insurance, etc. but also to be made an example of in the paper and on the evening news. I can't even imagine going thru all of that. At least make sure you have a designated driver, same as you should in a car.

I guess I must be one of the bad apples. I don't drink until I am done barefooting, and then if I am driving the ski boat probably not more than one per hour. Now, after we put the ski boat away and get the pontoon out the party is on (sometimes). The toon very seldom gets above 10 mph. We usually cruise about a mile from the dock and park to cook dinner and have a drink or few. When we are done we cruise the mile back at idle speed because we aren't in a hurry anyway.

Let the rock throwing begin.

I'll be standing right beside yuh, that sounds pretty close to my pace as well.

As of right now the average is 3.23 drinks.

Footin and skiing in the morning, then breakfast, then beer, surfing and beer surfing, then the rest of the day is a waste. Only saw cops 3 times this summer and I try to get to them before they get to me, and get an inspection (while sober). And I always ask if they know what time the sun sets and let them know I'll be out there until an hour after.

When we are on the boat there is a good chance I will be driving. As long as there is that chance, no alchohol for me. Once I get that last ski run in on the glass (let's average it around 8:30 PM in Michigan) that's when I'll knock down a few.

I don't, but don't mind if others want to while we are out. I just don't consume that much alcohol period. I do enjoy drinking a nice beer while cooking or watching a football game on a Sunday afternoon, but don't really need one while I am out enjoying the river.

I don't drink

when I have my Kids or when we go Mid-week to actually wakeboard and surf.

On the weekends we don't wakeboard much, I'm spoiled and like the lake to myself mid-week. Also, depending on who's boat I'm on and my responsibility level I'll drink until we run out of whatever we're drinking Beer.gif

My ice chest for a day.

post-149-1251313041_thumb.jpg

MalibuNation

None, I used to drink too much ... among other things, I'm an old hippie. First one goes down easy, second one goes down easier, third one ... you've got the picture.

I have one beer in the spring after the the boat lift is in. One in the fall when I pull it out ... I have a case of beer for my helpers. Otherwise maybe a glass of wine after the boat is put away for the day and it's on the lift.

I don't drink

when I have my Kids or when we go Mid-week to actually wakeboard and surf.

On the weekends we don't wakeboard much, I'm spoiled and like the lake to myself mid-week. Also, depending on who's boat I'm on and my responsibility level I'll drink until we run out of whatever we're drinking Beer.gif

My ice chest for a day.

Interesting.

Here's mine, a good mix of water, soda, brews (not all for me):

post-8316-1251313967_thumb.jpg

I generally dont drink much on the boat at all, 6 max. Tough to keep people in line when we are all plaster. plus, i need all the help i can get wakeboarding =) I dont drink wakeboarding or snowboarding, you can just hurt yourself too bad getting to loose.

Last I checked, all of the public lakes in Ky are within dry counties. Even if they weren’t, none of our crew would ever be allowed to bring alcohol on board or do any drinking what so ever before hand. Our perception of safety and the importance of setting a good example in front of the children is paramount, then of course the law comes into play for the rules of the water around here. We would never be comfortable with drinking of ANY type on a vessel we were piloting, riding on, or being towed behind. My family and I stay nervous enough just sharing the water with other boaters & wallys, knowing that some are partaking in adult beverages around us is upsetting at best. I have absolutely zero tolerance for anyone who drinks at all and drives a car or a boat. Anyone that compromises the safety of my family by doing so positively deserves every legal penalty that comes along with getting caught. The fact that people are indulging on the water around here, shows they have made a decision to blatantly disregard the well being of others and that they have no respect for any laws that prohibit such activity.

The impact of mixing alcohol and water is huge no matter where someone lives or does their boating, too many accidents involving alcohol that have adversely affected or devastated innocent lives, have proven that.

It’s just not worth it to indulge in something on the water or on the road that puts yourself and others at so much risk of getting hurt or worse and can be so financially devastating or life altering.

I like to drink beer or have a margarita just as much as the next person, but I only do so when there are no other responsibilities to consider and there is absolutely zero chance of driving anything anywhere before the next morning.

Cheers.gif

... Even if they weren’t, none of our crew would ever be allowed to bring alcohol on board or do any drinking what so ever before hand. Our perception of safety and the importance of setting a good example in front of the children is paramount, then of course the law comes into play for the rules of the water around here. We would never be comfortable with drinking of ANY type on a vessel we were piloting, riding on, or being towed behind. My family and I stay nervous enough just sharing the water with other boaters & wallys, knowing that some are partaking in adult beverages around us is upsetting at best. ...

The impact of mixing alcohol and water is huge no matter where someone lives or does their boating, too many accidents involving alcohol that have adversely affected or devastated innocent lives, have proven that.

Cheers.gif

I didnt know the amish were into boating. Biggrin.gif Have a brew and relax a little bit Cheers.gif

Now that I am older (52) and more mature(?), in an 8 hr day, maybe 6 at times. Back in my teen and twentys' years, when my Winner was used every day it didn't rain, that was a different story. We would load up the boat with up to 8 people, head out to the ocean with a full cooler, and ski (doubles and trick's) up and down the coast of NJ all day. We only stopped for gas and more beer. By the end of the day you couldn't see the floor of the boat with all the empties. And it was all legal back then, and we didn't litter. The Coast Guard even gave up harrassing us. Usually for overloading, but I changed the label in my boat to a highter load capacity and hp rating. The boat is 14 ft and I had a propped down 115 hp outboard on it. Needed the power for barefooting. Oh, and no one ever got hurt in the 15+ years we did this.

Now that I am older (52) and more mature(?), in an 8 hr day, maybe 6 at times. Back in my teen and twentys' years, when my Winner was used every day it didn't rain, that was a different story. We would load up the boat with up to 8 people, head out to the ocean with a full cooler, and ski (doubles and trick's) up and down the coast of NJ all day. We only stopped for gas and more beer. By the end of the day you couldn't see the floor of the boat with all the empties. And it was all legal back then, and we didn't litter. The Coast Guard even gave up harrassing us. Usually for overloading, but I changed the label in my boat to a highter load capacity and hp rating. The boat is 14 ft and I had a propped down 115 hp outboard on it. Needed the power for barefooting. Oh, and no one ever got hurt in the 15+ years we did this.

Or they just didn't remember :)

I'm about 6 in a long day max. But, I'm 250#. But, I don't drink any type of light beer.

There is no hard alcohol allowed on my boat (anymore).

Edited by Pistol Pete
When towing, none of us drink (with the exception if someone can't ride). However when we're cruising, everyone else is drinking away, but I stick to pop. I can drink when we get back to the dock if I want. I've already seen 3 accidents this year caused by drinking (2 of them scary).

I don't think I've had "pop" before. They must only sell that up north. Tease2.gif

Mostly just water, Coke or Gateraid. Don't like dirnking in the sun and will much perfer a glass of cabronet in the evening with my Wife.

I only have 1 or 2. Because it is at least an hour drive back and there are always cops on the ramp at the end of the day. Everyone else can drink, but 1 person has to stay sober until I'm done wakeboarding/surfing/wakeskating.

Sorry if this has been done before, but lets do it again!! Thumbup.gif

I have found that since I got my boat (and my son around the same time) my drinking has curtailed somewhat. When with friends in any situation I would drink to get feeling pretty good and sometimes a little more. But I have found that since I'm responsible for so much while boating (driving to ramp, unloading, driving boat, watching my son, loading, driving home) that there's no way I can drink more than 6 beers in an 8 hour period and still stay on top of things at all times. I have also noticed this has spilled over into drinking situations off the boat as well. Once again, another instance where the BU was a spectacular purchase!! And my son too!!

BTW: I'm not an alcoholic and never was, just took me a little longer to grow up!!

You purchased your son??? I have to say I am a little uncomfortable with that.

I don't drink when on the boat nor do I drink when snowmobiling. It frightens me how many others drink copiously during both activites. The amount of empties in the trash can at the end of my pier is truly staggering (pun intended and I wish it was only a pun).

I am not a drinker, but people do have a few while on my boat. If I take someone out and they get obnoxiously drunk, the chances of them being asked out again are slim...