Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

93 Skier Wake

Levi900RR

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Levi900RR

• skier_88

• AdeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, I got Luxury box seats to a red sox game last night. That pretty much shot the S out of my weekend. Im going to try and get out one night this week. I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to realize that winterization is not too far away for me. Its getting cold FAST :cry:

Dude, I got Luxury box seats to a red sox game last night. That pretty much shot the S out of my weekend. Im going to try and get out one night this week. I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to realize that winterization is not too far away for me. Its getting cold FAST Cry.gif

I KNOW!!! I was aiming for middle of October or later, but things are coming up and I will be doing it within the next couple of weekends. Very very sad day! I started on the ballast winterization by sucking all the water out and making sure the pumps are dry! So far, the first go at it seems to be a success. How do you plan to winterize your ballast?

Dude, I got Luxury box seats to a red sox game last night. That pretty much shot the S out of my weekend. Im going to try and get out one night this week. I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to realize that winterization is not too far away for me. Its getting cold FAST :cry:

That's cool about the game, but sucks about getting cold. I'm a PA boater and committed to boating through Sept and into Oct. I have my wetsuit ready. I'll go into the low 60's with trunks. I busted the spring suit out this weekend and threw it in the boat. The full wetsuit will come out once the water gets cold. After the water hits the 40's the boat's getting winterized.

That's cool about the game, but sucks about getting cold. I'm a PA boater and committed to boating through Sept and into Oct. I have my wetsuit ready. I'll go into the low 60's with trunks. I busted the spring suit out this weekend and threw it in the boat. The full wetsuit will come out once the water gets cold. After the water hits the 40's the boat's getting winterized.

Nice, Im not sure the water temp right now but its been in the high 30's at night which usually brings the water temp down FAST

MA,

I think I might actually be able to get the boat in the water this week to test ballast. What was your process for running the ballast system to keep everything primed. I just avoid any issues if possible.

To Fill

All valves open, run fill pump till water is pushing out the thru hull drain.

Close Drain ball valves

Turn off fill pump.

Close Fill valves.

To Drain

Open Drain ball valves

Turn on drain pump

Turn off drain pump

Close Drain ball valves once bags are almost empty (to keep system primed)

Empty bag overboard

Im more concerned about the drain side as it seems like the fill primes it self pretty quickly.

MA,

I think I might actually be able to get the boat in the water this week to test ballast. What was your process for running the ballast system to keep everything primed. I just avoid any issues if possible.

To Fill

Close Drain ball valves

Turn off fill pump.

Close Fill valves.

To Drain

Open Drain ball valves

Turn on drain pump

Turn off drain pump

Empty bag overboard

Im more concerned about the drain side as it seems like the fill primes it self pretty quickly.

Thanks Thumbup.gif

Ok, so I'm assuming the drain ball valves attach to the bags? I just winterized the system and it was helpful to become familar with MAs madness.

I winterized and opened up about every tube to suck water out, what affect will that have on prime? will I have to do anything to get it started in the spring?

MA,

To Fill

Close Drain ball valves

Turn off fill pump.

Close Fill valves.

To Drain

Open Drain ball valves

Turn on drain pump

Turn off drain pump

Empty bag overboard

You got the drain side right on.

Here's my fill procedure....

1. Open all valves.

2. Turn on fill pump until water is pumped out the thru hull. This will get the bags good and full and "plump"

3. Turn on drain pump to verify the drain system is primed. A good solid stream coming out the side confirms the drain system is primed.

4. Turn off drain pump and close all valves.

5. Rock on behind the boat. Rockon.gif

Ok, so I'm assuming the drain ball valves attach to the bags? I just winterized the system and it was helpful to become familar with MAs madness.

I winterized and opened up about every tube to suck water out, what affect will that have on prime? will I have to do anything to get it started in the spring?

Yep. The ball valves go right at the bag fill/drain fittings. The drain hoses on the sides of the boat that I plugged when you got the boat, had two right angle fittings to make an "L" and get the fitting right at the drain fitting on the bag. This keeps the drain line nice and low too.

The fill is simply a long loop with a ball valve and a right angle into the bag

You can see the ball valves here (the drain is out of the left side of the pic)... You can see the drain lines laying on the floor in my ballast video on youtube.

DSC00759.jpg

Just follow the fill procedure and you'll be good to go. If the fill is stubborn the first day out with empty tubes, get the boat on plain and hit the fill, the pressure created by the hull scoop will prime the fill pumps. Thumbup.gif

You got the drain side right on.

Here's my fill procedure....

1. Open all valves.

2. Turn on fill pump until water is pumped out the thru hull. This will get the bags good and full and "plump"

3. Turn on drain pump to verify the drain system is primed. A good solid stream coming out the side confirms the drain system is primed.

4. Turn off drain pump and close all valves.

5. Rock on behind the boat. Rockon.gif

When do you turn off the fill pump? Also, do you run both pumps at the same time? (Step #3)

When do you turn off the fill pump? Also, do you run both pumps at the same time? (Step #3)

Nope, the end of step 2 would be tuning off fill pumps. After you see water being pushed out the thru hull kill the fill pumps, then turn the drain pumps on for a second to verify they are primed (it will also take a bit of pressure off the bags before closing the ball valves).

Good luck and have fun!

Nope, the end of step 2 would be tuning off fill pumps. After you see water being pushed out the thru hull kill the fill pumps, then turn the drain pumps on for a second to verify they are primed (it will also take a bit of pressure off the bags before closing the ball valves).

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks man, I was hoping you would say that. I ran a single switch that controls both pumps so I can't run them both at the same time. I could add a second switch but I like only having one.

Thanks man, I was hoping you would say that. I ran a single switch that controls both pumps so I can't run them both at the same time. I could add a second switch but I like only having one.

Yep. I had the same. It's a rocker that turns them on when rocked forward, off in the center, and empty when rocked rearward.

Wow it looks sweet wrapped in Vinyl. I had seen it just bare stainless in the vid?

I used the knock out on the dash next to the hour meter, just put a waterproff, rubber covered toggle. You can't even really tell its there. Im going to get a decal made to show "Fill" and "Drain" above and below the switch. I was thinking about getting a MLS logo on it too! :crazy:

Im also thinking about Epoxying some sort of hook to the hull behind each of the side pannels in the back so I can hang the fill and drain lines out of sight when they are not in use.

Thanks again for all the help with this project. I couldn't have done it without you!

Wow it looks sweet wrapped in Vinyl. I had seen it just bare stainless in the vid?

I used the knock out on the dash next to the hour meter, just put a waterproff, rubber covered toggle. You can't even really tell its there. Im going to get a decal made to show "Fill" and "Drain" above and below the switch. I was thinking about getting a MLS logo on it too! :crazy:

Im also thinking about Epoxying some sort of hook to the hull behind each of the side pannels in the back so I can hang the fill and drain lines out of sight when they are not in use.

Thanks again for all the help with this project. I couldn't have done it without you!

Yeah I figured I should finally finish the job since 88 bought the boat. LOL.gif I should have wrapped it when I first installed it, but you know how it is when you want to get it on the lake and try it!

Your set-up sounds good. rugger sent some matching rockers for the dash to use with my next install. Next year I'll start on it. I'm still tweaking my set-up and figuring out where I want everything. The fact that I'm stacking 500lb bags to surf makes me wonder if it's worth it to plumb in the side hosing. The ski locker will certainly get plumbed in permanently, but I'm struggling to justify running 4 hoses up each side of the boat for surfing. I already installed a connector that makes throwing the pump over the side and plugging it in easy as pie.

I guess the solution is 2 hoses and new bigger bags. Thumbup.gif

Yeah I figured I should finally finish the job since 88 bought the boat. LOL.gif I should have wrapped it when I first installed it, but you know how it is when you want to get it on the lake and try it!

Your set-up sounds good. rugger sent some matching rockers for the dash to use with my next install. Next year I'll start on it. I'm still tweaking my set-up and figuring out where I want everything. The fact that I'm stacking 500lb bags to surf makes me wonder if it's worth it to plumb in the side hosing. The ski locker will certainly get plumbed in permanently, but I'm struggling to justify running 4 hoses up each side of the boat for surfing. I already installed a connector that makes throwing the pump over the side and plugging it in easy as pie.

I guess the solution is 2 hoses and new bigger bags. Thumbup.gif

What about some reversable pumps? That would be cool! :thumbup:

I haven't touched it... BUT, its not winterized. I still have hope!

My buddy that is as crazy as me and will go out regardless of the weather has been on Travel for work so I haven't been about to nail down enough people to go.

Mix that in with my Daughters 1st birthday which turned into a 3 week party and my chances to go out are dwindling. I'm going to go out alone if I have to this weekend to test the bags. My problem is if I get out there and fill the bags Im gonna want to ride BAD :crazy:

Edited by Levi900RR
martinarcher

I haven't touched it... BUT, its not winterized. I still have hope!

My buddy that is as crazy as me and will go out regardless of the weather has been on Travel for work so I haven't been about to nail down enough people to go.

Mix that in with my Daughters 1st birthday which turned into a 3 week party and my chances to go out are dwindling. I'm going to go out alone if I have to this weekend to test the bags. My problem is if I get out there and fill the bags Im gonna want to ride BAD :crazy:

Haha. Right on. The crew was slow last night so I had to bust your balls a little. I knew you were still jonesing to get out. Thumbup.gif

Haha. Right on. The crew was slow last night so I had to bust your balls a little. I knew you were still jonesing to get out. Thumbup.gif

Making plans for tomorrow morning as we speak! You wanna go?