Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Show off your kids!!

Ndawg12

Just now, oldjeep said:

Wait a few more years, you'll toss them across the stage ;)  The empty nest sure is nice 9 months a year

Haha!  I've bitten my tongue several times over the last few months, very close to telling my graduate "OK hot shot, you want it your way?  How about you pack your crap and get out of here, then everything you have is your way"...but I know I'd regret it.  He is sticking around and doing 1 year of community college (free scholarship), then transferring somewhere, likely Michigan State.  We've had some really good conversations in the last few weeks now that he has a 45 hours/week job and sees how his free time is limited, finite, weeks will pass by and turn into months, working with goofballs that are going nowhere, etc.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

True that.  Pausing my kids at about 9-12 would be ideal.  

Haha and then there's this.  It's going to be different with the youngest gone in the fall.  We had kids relatively young, so my wife and I are looking forward to doing some adventuring on our own (and on our schedule, not the school district's).

We had kids extremely young (I'm 47 and the kids are 19,20,26) and it is nice to be able to still do stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, my two grandsons body surfing off the boom for the first time. .. they couldn't get enough. ..lol...

5 and 4 years olds. The 5 year old kneeboards long line agressivly and now is getting to the point were he wants to try his hand " Feet"  lol...lol.. at barefooting.

Guess I'm rubbing off on the little guy... can't wait to start coaching him.

Resized_20170702_100620.jpeg

Proud Dad here! We spent a week at Norris on a floating house and my girls did a little bit of everything!  Few pics of them wakeboarding as they had the most fun doing that. 

35638278252_df5093a649_c.jpg

35638199762_a10651aa77_c.jpg

35786509846_429ecbc5d0_c.jpg

How fast do you pull your kids??  This is 15.5mph.  Just worried about going faster the harder the fall is.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

My oldest, working 1 job 40hrs/week in grounds keeping at a Fine Arts camp on Blue Lake, and just started this gig at nights as a cook at a new distillery in downtown Muskegon.  His mom is at his right side, stopped in for a beverage on her girl's night out bike ride & pub crawl.  A couple of those ladies were his teachers in HS.

I think he's really uncomfortable...which is perfect.

One of my first jobs was as a lunchtime--->happy hour bartender at a hotel/conference center, plus weekend weddings and banquets. Female former authority figures were always some of the most interesting times...

2 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

I think he's really uncomfortable...which is perfect.

2017 allen at 18th resized.jpg

I love your comment! Isn't payback great....lol...lol... :Tease3:

The true sign of a Proud Parent.  :cheers:

• Like 1

We just got our first boat (despite boating for many years with my parents) and my 4 year old daughter is loving it!  This was from a Daddy/Daughter day on the water.

20170714_200335.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...