Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To everyone who has ordered 2010's...

factoryKITTED

What are you paying? Whats MSRP and what are they selling for? If possible please list what boat you ordered and what the MSRP/what you paid. Im selling my 2007 WS 23LSV and wondering the price difference is going to be.

Thanks!!

factory,

I'd like to see some pics of you towing that LSV with your SRT8 Whistling.gifROFL.gif

I no longer have the SRT8. I now have a G55 AMG - much better. I will post tow pix soon.

Point was how did you tow a 6,000 lb + package with a vehicle that was rated at 3,500# towing capacity?

The same way most of us throw 750 lb surf sacs in a locker thats rated for 75 lbs... Just like most of have about 2500-3500 lbs of weight in the boat when the placard reads 1650 lbs or whatever....

You're lucky something didn't happen on the road, I highly doubt your insurance would have covered your boat if something happend to it. That goes for your boat insurance and car insurance. At least you got something that can tow now.

lol...wow. what does it matter. I had a 08 with 1,000 miles and no factory warranty due to cmr tune, heads, cam and spray - the Jeep blowing up was the least of my worries. The "Limited" is rated at 7500+ lbs - there no reason it can pull the same - for the most part. Its the same truck with lower springs, big motor, beefy'r tranny and body kit. I will say this - the truck was not geared the best to pull boat. The truck went from my driveway to ramp - less than a mile.

100_1706.jpg

100_1708.jpg

100_1769.jpg

100_1772.jpg

DSC_3002.jpg

DSC_2950.jpg

Photo_091108_003.jpg

Photo_091108_002.jpg

SRTandBu008.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Bobby Light

• johnsvt

• martinarcher

Nice !

yeah, a mile to the ramp, I don't blame you in that case.

OH MAN, Love the rig. Tow ratings are more of "suggestions" right? Haha

martinarcher

Is the receiver tucked under the exhaust? The first time I saw one of those I figured towing was out because of the exhaust location. That's why I was looking at the SS Trailblazers. I just can't bring myself to buy an automatic. Why won't these companies give you a standard tranny option for those of us that actually want to DRIVE the vehicle...... Mad.gifMad.gif

It was a fun truck but at the end of the day it was a Jeep - disposable. I sold it with 11k miles on it in October of 2008. Im sure some may wonder how im towing with a SRT8...I fabricated a custom class III for it - completely hidden so it doesn't take away from the look of the truck and center exhaust.

Here are a few pics of my new rig.

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

Is the receiver tucked under the exhaust? The first time I saw one of those I figured towing was out because of the exhaust location. That's why I was looking at the SS Trailblazers. I just can't bring myself to buy an automatic. Why won't these companies give you a standard tranny option for those of us that actually want to DRIVE the vehicle...... Mad.gifMad.gif

I hope you didnt buy the tb ss!! You question about the hitch is in my post above. It wasn't easy to do...

martinarcher

I hope you didnt buy the tb ss!! You question about the hitch is in my post above. It wasn't easy to do...

Sweet Benz. No I didn't buy an SS. I went classic instead. Thumbup.gif

FrontLeft.jpg

Nothing wrong with a TBSS, 20 hp less than the srt8 jeep yet can actually tow something (6000+ lbs). All this and they are $15k cheaper than the jeep.

Nothing wrong with a TBSS, 20 hp less than the srt8 jeep yet can actually tow something (6000+ lbs). All this and they are $15k cheaper than the jeep.

TBSS = turd

My srt8 ran a 12.96 out of the box with 100 miles on it at San Antonio Raceway. Both the tbss and srt8 are not well made.

TBSS = turd

My srt8 ran a 12.96 out of the box with 100 miles on it at San Antonio Raceway. Both the tbss and srt8 are not well made.

All a matter of opinion.

FrontLeft.jpg

Sweet truck!! 75 F250?

TBSS = turd

All a matter of opinion.

I wouldnt be caught dead in a regular trail blazer, regular GC - yes. Typhoon > TBSS

TBSS = turd

All a matter of opinion.

running 12's stock isn't a matter of opinion. what does a tbss run stock - 14?

I think the thread name needs to be changed!!

Edited by factoryKITTED

Who give two $#its if it is 14.0 I've never taken one to the track. It can tow a boat legally without having to jerry rig some home made reciever hanging down under the exhaust. Trailblazers are ugly trucks in general, a GC isn't much better.

Edited by 06vlx
martinarcher

FrontLeft.jpg

Sweet truck!! 75 F250?

Thanks man - it's a 71'.

Never knew it was against the law..... lol. Nothing jerry rigged about it. Ordered the SRT8 trailer wiring kit from Mopar and had my hitch shop who custom fabs 5th wheels for f350 do the job. Much sturdier than an oem hitch or uhaul type hitch.

By your means i bet all my motor work is jerry rigged too...

Edited by factoryKITTED
Never knew it was against the law..... lol. Nothing jerry rigged about it. Ordered the SRT8 trailer wiring kit from Mopar and had my hitch shop who custom fabs 5th wheels for f350 do the job. Much sturdier than an oem hitch or uhaul type hitch.

I have no idea. I do know that you say that you used to be co-owners on a Malibu dealership yet you have to come on an owners website to find out what they're going for :unsure: .

I have no idea. I do know that you say that you used to be co-owners on a Malibu dealership yet you have to come on an owners website to find out what they're going for :unsure: .

Haven't bothered to look yet - just wondering if they went up from 2009. I order the 2010 at the end of July.

Edited by factoryKITTED

Haven't bothered to look yet - just wondering if they went up from 2009. I order the 2010 at the end of July.

What colors did you get? I think you'll like that new tower. I didn't at first but after seeing so many pictures of it on boats it really grew on me. I think accessorizing the tower will be nice having a tube running all the way around it as well as the built in locations to mount stuff. If I'm not mistaken I read somehwhere the price increased was 9 or 10% for 2010.

Edited by 06vlx

Thats all i was looking for. All this BS'n for nothing. I haven't finalize my colors yet but i believe in doing all Black with Orange Metallic accents. Like or dislike the 2010 - im still buying it, a tower isn't going to stop me. Im diggin' the swivel board racks but wish they had clamps.

My guy like 3 months ago told me there wouldn't be much of a change in price if any - but that was before he had much info on them.

Edited by factoryKITTED

With what comes standard now for 2010 the price increase is small compared to previous years. Racks, pop out cleats, fiberglass swim deck all standard to the boats for 20010.