Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bridge City Watersports in Portland?

Bill_AirJunky

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Maddox

• Bobby Light

• The Voodoo Cowboy

I stopped by AWS in Beaverton today and talked to one of the sales guys and asked if he's heard anything about them becoming the new Malibu dealer for this region. He said he hasn't heard anything at all, not even rumors. However, he said he would be stoked if it does happen. As would I! Rockon.gif Otherwise I may see a new 22SSV in my future.

Another name being thrown around is Staff Jennings possibly picking up the line.

Bah! Let Staff Jennings do what they do best! Sell Bayliners and Aluminum fishing boats. Rumor has it that Staff Jennings in Eugene is hurting pretty bad and may be going under as well. They still have 2007 Supremes that they cant get rid of because they wont make any deals and take less than msrp for them.

Another name being thrown around is Staff Jennings possibly picking up the line.

Bah! Let Staff Jennings do what they do best! Sell Bayliners and Aluminum fishing boats. Rumor has it that Staff Jennings in Eugene is hurting pretty bad and may be going under as well. They still have 2007 Supremes that they cant get rid of because they wont make any deals and take less than msrp for them.

Maybe Oregon Custom Marine. Malibu would be a nice high end boat for their Supreme starter series. Get the new crowd and the upgrade crowd.

Northwest Ski and Wake sports just recently moved to a nice new location right off I-5. They only carry Correct Craft they might be a viable candidate also.

It would be easy pickins for Malibu there next to those ugly a$$ nautiques sitting there.

So true. No brainer when you look at the 2009 SAN's. Ugly boat and steep wakes. Remember the first Illusion tower that Titan made in the early 2000's? I feel like Correct Craft will start out with that design this year and go to a cast Illusion X copy next year.

Northwest Ski and Wake sports just recently moved to a nice new location right off I-5. They only carry Correct Craft they might be a viable candidate also.

The move has me puzzled. Might be them. I think Malibu has been thinking about ditching Bridgecity for a long time. Whoever the new dealer is, it has probably been in the works for awhile.

Rumor, Malibu rep. seen talking with Active at this years boat show?

I don't think MC would let Mark pick up Malibu.

The move has me puzzled. Might be them. I think Malibu has been thinking about ditching Bridgecity for a long time. Whoever the new dealer is, it has probably been in the works for awhile.

Rumor, Malibu rep. seen talking with Active at this years boat show?

I don't think MC would let Mark pick up Malibu.

I saw the Malibu rep near those awesome jerky guys over by the Portland Ski Boat center both.

Mastercraft would never let it happen. I wonder how Portland Ski Boat is doing. I noticed they got Hyperlite this year and then had it taken away. I saw a great price on a brand new 2007 XStar last time I drove by.

Maybe Active will get Malibu and Staff will pick up Mastercraft?

Interesting reading some of the comments below this article. I don't usually consider myself an idiot, but I recently buy a car from a dealer down in Portland, paid by check, drove the car away w/o title. They said they would release title after the check cleared, and then sent the documentation up to the Washington DMV. I guess I thought this was fairly common practice. I did have a contract / receipt but not title... Same when I bought from Bridgecity, paid by check, got a bill of sale, had to wait for title. How do others do these kind of transactions where there is no financing or lein holders involved on either end?

Wow, I would say don't be surprised to see the same house pictured as a burnt-out frame in tomorrow's article. And honestly, if you cross the wrong person with that kind of heist and you are liable to end up cast in concrete somewhere.

Don't know if it's true, but I heard the Lehman Brother's CEO got knocked out at the gym. Might have been the Merrill CEO, anyway, one of those idiots got knocked the you know what out! Thumbup.gif

Right on.

I wonder how that effects their relationship with SkiMasters in Seattle? In the past they sold the same boats & always shared boat show booth space with each other. Guess that might not be the case now..... especially in Seattle where Bakes owns the territory.

It’s official!!

Active Water Sports is excited to announce the addition of Malibu Boats to our product offerings. While we remain 100% committed to Supra, Moomba and MB Sports boats, having the opportunity to represent a line with the history of Malibu was something we just couldn’t pass up. A big thanks to Mark Gibbs from Malibu boats for his dedication to the line and his hard work.

Thank you for all the encouraging words leading up to this official announcement, we hope to maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction and will work very hard to address any outstanding service issues that are being experienced by local Malibu owners.

We look forward to meeting all the existing Malibu owners and the owners to be as well. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.

Matt Radich

General Manager

Active Water Sports

Contact Info:

Matt Radich, GM: 503-650-5991, [email protected]

Gerry Oppliger, Sales Manager: 503-650-5991, [email protected]

Matt Veselik, Service Manager: 503-650-5990, [email protected]

Active Water Sports Dealing Malibu Boats in Portland AreaShare

Today at 6:19pm

A 25-year veteran of water sports boating in Oregon, Active Water Sports was just given the opportunity to carry the Malibu Boats line and jumped onboard. Active Water Sports is now the official Malibu Boats dealer in the Portland, Oregon Area with three dealership locations in Oregon City, Beaverton and Toledo, WA to assist existing and aspiring Malibu boat owners.

With the largest water sports pro shop and marine service department in the Northwest, Active Water Sports was born to carry Malibu boats. They are the leader in their area in pro shop sales and customer service. Now they will be offering the world’s best selling water sports boats as well.

When asked about this new relationship with Malibu Boats, Matt Radich, General Manager of Active Water Sports, exclaimed, “We are pumped to announce the addition of Malibu Boats to our product offerings.” Radich explained, “Having the opportunity to represent a line with the history of Malibu, was something we just couldn’t pass up.”

“We are extremely excited to welcome Active Water Sports to the Malibu Boats family, “ commented Chris Crysdale, National Sales Manager for Malibu Boats. Crysdale continued, “They have an amazing reputation for pushing limits and promoting water sports. They also have extremely close customer relationships and most of all they have fun!” Crysdale summed it up this way. “Active Water Sports has always operated like a Malibu Boats dealer now it’s official.”

Active Water Sport operates three locations near Portland, OR.

Oregon City (main store)

1224 McLoughlin Blvd.

Oregon City, OR 97045

TOLL FREE 800.832.SKIS

Beaverton

12050 SW Canyon Rd.

Beaverton, OR 97005

Koppert Lake

215 Pine Tree Rd.

Toledo, WA 98591

Bridge City is a total ripoff. I hope Gunter and Brad get what they deserve!! I have a boat right now I bought in February and no title. I traded my pickup in and my credit union swapped titles and got no title in return. Gunter owes Key bank still on my boat. What is everybody doing that was ripped off also. Extra bad I am from Washington so I cant even get a temporary to use the boat. ANY ADVICE. Thank's

After reading this post earlier this morning I informed a buddy of mine who bought a new 247 about a month ago from BCWS about their financial meltdown. He immediatly called his bank who holds the title to his boat that he traded in and low and behold it has not been paid off! I feel terrible for the guy now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more people in a sticky situation like this who may have recently traded in their boats there. I somehow hope the people that are affected by this can take some legal action against them.

I am one of those that did recently trade a boat in...I'll be quiet until we get our stuff settled. Then I will have plenty to say.

Can I ask how you are going about it, I am in the same situation as you, I have a boat with no title and I have a loan for it through my credit union, and Gunter never paid it off through Keybank. It was supposedly his boat, before I bought it.

I had my boat there on consignment and had to show up with the title to claim the boat. John was great as always. The folks there always treated me really well. There are some good folks that worked at that dealership. Hope whoever takes over Malibu in PDX picks up some of the staff.
Sad to see a Malibu dealer go, but they were a crappy! Hopefully a better dealer will take over the Malibu line in Portland.

I agree.

It is too bad, but they had a lot to learn about running a dealership it seems....there is a dealer up North of here that makes (made) them look really bad.

yeah maybe there ripoff salesman BRAD can follow, NOT!!!!

A lot has happened in the last week! We just got back from a week of houseboating on Trinity Lake and had no cell coverage and obviously no internet. Our trip to Trinity was incredible in every way and I will have to address that and post some pictures later when I have some time. When we were back in cell range, my daughter called me to let me know that AWS had added Malibu to their lineup and then I found a voicemail left by John from BCWS letting me know where my prop was that I had dropped off a couple of weeks ago. After getting those two bits of info, I wasn't too surprised to then find out that BCWS had closed up shop.

I don't think any of us have all of the details of what went down, and it may have ultimatlely been a case of poor cash flow in bad economic times. Hopefully it wasn't a matter of criminal intent. Regardless it certainly is a bad situation for those with boats in limbo. I will add that I have always been treated very well by everyone at BC and had Gunther step up for me several times when he didn't have to. I will miss them and the close proximity of their location. On the other hand, I am very happy to hear that AWS is taking over the Malibu line. I have known Warren and the Active crew for a good number of years and have the utmost respect for him both as a person and as a passionate business owner. I know that I and my boat will be well taken care of by them. He has been after me for years to trade in my Malibu and go with a MB or more recently, a Supra, so now I'm sure he will be on me to upgrade to a new Malibu.