Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakesurfing behind LSV 23 - does a Centurion have a bigger wake?

PowPowPatrol

anyone who needs help dialing there goofy wave w/ a 23 lsv with a wedge, send me a PM. My wave is as large as the wave that you see in the Enzo video posted....thats my friend Scott's white 24 Enzo on Lake Austin.

The 23 LSV throws a way better goofy wave in comparison to regular side - due to prop rotation. Same with the Enzo - it throws a better regular side wave....from my experiences. Weight placement is crucial. Im happy to help anyone, let me know.

Help, help, help please...

I have an 07 LSV with full MLS and power wedge...

As it sits, there's 250+ lbs in each rear compartment (batteries/subs), 200+ lbs on the tower (Ill-X) when loaded, 150+ lbs stg compartment (amps/boards/brakets/battery) and 150+ lbs under driver's dash (sub/enclosure). Right now I have a 750 lb sac and two 150 lb sacs to move around. How much more weight and where to place 'regular' & 'goofy'?

Thanks ;-)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kent

• PowPowPatrol

• Bobby Light

• rex420

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lots of weight....

full stock ballast minus non-surf-side

560 lbs of pop bags (soon to be more)

750 in rear locker

750 on surf side seat

750 on floor next to it

550 in the nose

wedge all the way down

that day was with 4 people...it gets bigger...

I'll post up more pics later....keep in mind that this picture is a little deceiving because it was taken from low on the platform, but I assure you it's as good as it gets....the 23LSV throws a killer wave...

my 08 23LSV two weekends ago.....

20t402w.jpg

Thats a killer wake. Tell us your secret.

Thats 3360 lbs not counting the people in the boat. Thats alot of weight but it looks to be worth it. What do you do when your rider falls? Do you just shut the boat down and let the waves go by?

Belz,

Just like when wakeboarding always back off on the throttle turn away from the weighted side and let the wave push you around. The nice thing is that you are so close just idle back to the rider.

• 1 month later...
lots of weight....

750 in rear locker

750 on surf side seat

750 on floor next to it

550 in the nose

wedge all the way down

I'll post up more pics later....keep in mind that this picture is a little deceiving because it was taken from low on the platform, but I assure you it's as good as it gets....the 23LSV throws a killer wave...

20t402w.jpg

More pics!!! whats regular look like?

post-5306-1246935630_thumb.jpg

No camera tricks, you can see the boat on the right rear corner of the pic, This was taken from leaning out a bit and zoomed in just a little. We have since added more weight to the front for a wave that is a bit shorter in height but longer. (more fun)

Edited by txwakejunkie
post-5306-1246935630_thumb.jpg

No camera tricks, you can see the boat on the right rear corner of the pic, This was taken from leaning out a bit and zoomed in just a little. We have since added more weight to the front for a wave that is a bit shorter in height but longer. (more fun)

looks good !! is it possible to get the regular side like that? I just had back surgery so im out for a bit, but i want to get all my ducks in a row when im back at it. Ive seen some peeps with 23's have huge amounts of weight, im thinking of adding more. But i hear some say that weight isnt the solution to better wake, that having more of the boat lean is better. what do you all think? more weight more important or leaning as much as possible, or is it a combo? and in everyones opinion what is too much wieght that it starts to get dangerous ie. shes going down captain!!! if a monster chili dip happens from the oceanliners that like to plow 30 away gawking.

here is my wake now, im pretty happy with it. But im always looking to improve and tweak things. What do you guys think? Right now full mls 750 rear locker 2 750s on side seat and a 400 up front wedge all the way down. would dumping my non surfside mls help?

DSCI0105.jpg

DSCI0127.jpg

Yes don't run any weight in the non surf side.

Plus1.gif

In a malibu the list is very important to a clean wave. That wave above is with:

MLS rear(surfside), mid and bow full, 750 rear locker, 200 in cooler under seat, 400 in seat, almost full tank of fuel ( makes a diff) 3 peeps in boat all on surf side, and manuel wedge down. @ 10.7mph

now we have all the same but with a 400 in the bow and ride @ 11.5pmh much more fun. i will look for some pics or video.

to try and help with the op question about the Enzo wave, Unless malibu changes to a surf hull then malibu will never make the same wave as an enzo. We will all be able to make our waves as big and maybe as long but it will never have the push and solid surface that the enzo does. Its just not possible with the hulls we have. That being said I love my wave and the enzo wave, they both have their pros and cons, but both great waves!!!

Edited by txwakejunkie
My 07 may be alittle different but for a bigger face slow down to 10 for a longer pocket 11.8 is perfect for us

Heres our set up

All MLS full

750 in the trunk

750 in the surf side seat

500 on the floor next to the seat

500 in the bow along the surf side (fits perfect)

wedge all the way down

Here is the wave at 11.8 MPH

690028.jpg

690027.jpg

Any change to the prop?

I ride regular and so do most people on my 09 23 LSV. We set up the following:

Surf Side Rear MLS Full

Center MLS Full

Front MLS Full

Wedge 100%

Fuel Tank Full

Surf Side Rear Locker 750lb.

Under Seat Surf Side 470lb.

Top Surf Side Seat 750lb.

2-3 People on Surf Side or Bow....we move people around for best wave

Speed 9-11MPH...varies depening on # of people

This set up is a great wave for us....very tall, steep, and fast.

Surf Side Rear MLS Full

Center MLS Full

Front MLS Full

Wedge 100%

Fuel Tank Full

You mean 370# if it's a fly high sac?

What about length?

Surf Side Rear MLS Full

Center MLS Full

Front MLS Full

Wedge 100%

Fuel Tank Full

Yea....370...sorry typo. Length is decent. I can still catch up if I fall a little behind. People say you sacrfice height for length. I like the tall, steep, fast wave. It's great for riding up and down it from top to bottom. I don't need a long wave....I want a tall wave. Each person likes a different wave I guess.

What about length?

Surf Side Rear MLS Full

Center MLS Full

Front MLS Full

Wedge 100%

Fuel Tank Full

Yea....370...sorry typo. Length is decent. I can still catch up if I fall a little behind. People say you sacrfice height for length. I like the tall, steep, fast wave. It's great for riding up and down it from top to bottom. I don't need a long wave....I want a tall wave. Each person likes a different wave I guess.

What about length?

I know what you mean. When I demo'd the 2009 lsv last year we had the perfect set up. It was long, rock hard, and the fastest wave I've ever ridden. We were riding about 15' back at over 12mph and could still hit the back of the boat if we wanted to. I haven't been able to re-create that wave yet. This is a different boat with a different motor. On the demo we ran 750# in the surf side locker, full mls besides non-surf side, 300# under the surf side seats, wedge all the way down, and 4 people in the boat.

Here are the pics of it.

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133-1.jpg

IMG_1135-1.jpg

IMG_1148-1.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

lots of weight....

750 in rear locker

750 on surf side seat

750 on floor next to it

550 in the nose

wedge all the way down

20t402w.jpg

what is a pop bag ?

We have the HH with a Acme 1273.

It helps with moving the weight. I agree with the full tank of fuel.

06vlx I like that tube sac. We switch sides 2x we have 2 goofy and 2 reg so we just roll the 750 over the 500 that is on the floor to each side then roll the 500 on the floor over to it. Nice and easy with every one helping. We learned to switch the lockers over first to help with gravity.

wonder what the maxium weight is that anyone has tried to surf with, and if made any difference up to a point?

I run approximately 4600lbs in ballast in my baby boat we surf regular side it works well :)

wonder what the maxium weight is that anyone has tried to surf with, and if made any difference up to a point?

I run approximately 4600lbs in ballast in my baby boat we surf regular side it works well :)

wow, you guys are slamming that baby! An lsv being 3 feet longer theoretically we should be able to run 5000+ and be okay or are my calculations wrong? Do you have any pics of your wake ?

wow, you guys are slamming that baby! An lsv being 3 feet longer theoretically we should be able to run 5000+ and be okay or are my calculations wrong? Do you have any pics of your wake ?

More weight does not always come out to better wave!! there is a point where all you are doing is burning more fuel and killing your boat for no reason. Use what you need to get the wave you like to ride, any more is a waste. IMO the Bigger the boat the better the wave with less added weight. A smaller boat would need to make up the weight of the boat in ballast to try and match the displacement of a larger boat. So just because Crash needs 4600# in a 20ft boat does not mean a 23ft would need more, It would really need less because it starts off 1000# or so heavier.

Edited by txwakejunkie