Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The other "TMC" site

skisix@38

ETS/Doug,

You are right, there are some good people over there and I don't care what boat people have, they all ski well enough to pull me to my own personal records. That said, the admin on mcowners and some of the members who frequent that site are just way over the top! Because of those few, you all are treated skeptically.

I have extended many invitations to CM owners looking for a pull in my area and some have taken me up on the offer and I will conintue to do so with the exception of a few "handles" over there who are not welcome around me at any time.

I think that it's about time spent on the water enjoying a passion that we all share and wanting to share with anyone we can. As such I try to provide my experience for others so that they might be able to enjoy their passion even more.

Check in more often over here and I think you'll find that there is as much good info here about MC as is on the mc owners site and only 25% of BS. They run a tight ship here without all the political BS.

Doug, I must admit that I spend at least half as much time reading "the other board" as a I do this one, and have seen you post numerous times. I've always enjoyed your posts and most of the discussions that you get involved in. I just got a bad taste in my mouth over the lady (H2Ogirl?) with the faulty boat and the way she was treated by some of the more "unscrupulous types".

I must admit, unless you were in the know, the tpttool and dooker mess was very hard to keep up with, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Thanks for a very well written post.

Daniel

Thanks for the great post Doug.

One of the things that I thought surprised me the most about the post regarding the '05 with issues being removed was that it was, in my opinion, a great move by MC to replace it with an '06 at no cost to the owner. Excellent customer service on their part.

I would have expected MC to want that post to stay around.

Again, though, it was a great post on your part and I think we all appreciate it.

Mike

Thanks again for the positive thoughts.

As for the H20girl situation, I really can't comment. My wife was giving birth that day and I wasn't very active on the board all that week for obvious reasons. So I basically missed getting to read it.

From what she said, she edited the posts herself on the first thread. On the follow up thread, which I did have a look at, there seemed to be some she said they said between her and the dealer that was working on her portside pull thing. There was some talk later in that thread about deleting it. I put in my two cents that since both sides to the story were represented in the thread, that it should just be left alone, or at the least, locked. If it has been deleted, what can I say.

I know how easy it is to let this internet chat stuff get under our collective skins sometimes. Chatroom muscle-flexing and internet arguments are obviously pointless. At the least this board and the tmcowners board are on each other's radar. No such thing as bad press. Perhaps both boards will benefit from mutal traffic generated by these threads.

'til next time.

Doug,

My comments earlier were in jest, I hope you took them that way. Anyway, I have spent many hours behind a MC.

Welcome to the site.

Doug,

First off welcome, I do remember your screen one MBO. As always we invite anyone owners/nonowners to join us here at the pub. Heck we even gave a Mastercraft owner then name MasterBu (Brian IIRC) on the old MBO site and have members that have other brands that participate here.

Hey, jest is good. The kiddo is going to be a spotter for a while. Hopefully a skier at some point. None of us really board or foil (don't own a foil). But we shall see what he likes. I'm not big on towers and fly-highs, so he's going to have trouble getting air behind my boat. ;) You guys have a good weekend. Play hard.

Hey, jest is good.  The kiddo is going to be a spotter for a while.  Hopefully a skier at some point.  None of us really board or foil (don't own a foil).  But we shall see what he likes.  I'm not big on towers and fly-highs, so he's going to have trouble getting air behind my boat. ;)  You guys have a good weekend.  Play hard.

I like your kinda thinkin! :)

not to sound snooty or anything, but the childishness at that site is absurd.  They always seem like a bunch of pimple-faced punks to me when I visit that site.

Hilarious!  :)

If you owned a SN I would think you snooty, (j/k) but you own a bu' so I think you are value conscious as between the 3 bu' is the best bang for the buck (and depending on your styling preferences it may be #1 w/o price considerations) ... still, why pigeonhole posters on the TMC, what purpose is served?

To the others, thanks for the invitation to visit and post at your site, for a non-corp. site it is top notch, congratulations ... any of you ski up in N. Idaho on the Pend Oreille ... hope the new dealer in Coeur D' Alene does a better job than the dealer in Spokane, as they were really a disservice to your brand - not realizing just how good of a product they had, I think they were more interested in selling fishing boats ... oh well, the Yacht Club will help put a lot more Bu's on the water!

Edited by PendOreilleSkier