Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Malibu Piggyback System

Dusty14

Hey TxSurfer-

I'm sorry your kit didn't include an instruction manual, it should have been in the bag with everything else. I'll shoot it over to you via email right now.

Send us an email or feel free to give us a call tomorrow after you look at the instructions, that's a much more effective way of providing support than cluttering up this thread.

Hardly seems like cluttering up the thread, this is a dicussion thread about the piggyback system is it not? Dontknow.gif

Txsurfer, Any updates on how the insatall is going now that you have been sent all the info that you didnt recieve on the initial order?

just doing research.

No luck. I recieved a pm from skicrave asking if i would remove the parts list on my original post. Basically saying it was bad for bussiness for them and created problems. I didn't think it was a big deal i just wanted to let him know what i recieved and if it was the version 2 like he said they were sending. I edited my post and sent him a pm asking if he would send the instructions that i paid for over to my work email, but no response. That was at 5 am yesterday morning. When i got home i gave jason "skicrave" a call and left a message about not recieving my instructions. I also sent him a email at his wakemakers account. That was around 4 pm, no response. At 8 pm i am getting pretty upset i send him another pm on the crew telling him i am getting upset and just want what i payed for. Still no response. This morning i try my last option to see if maybe he has something going on and send a message to spencer who also works at wakemakers and helped me out with my original order. I forwarded on our original message with my order and added the problems i am having getting what i paid for and some customer service. That was this morning no response from him. Unless they both have some kind of family emergency or dissaster going on then there is no excuse for this kind of treatment. I hope everyone on the crew reads this and passes it on. I

Edited by TxSurfer
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• txwakejunkie

• skicrave

• cyoda44

• MadDogMike

Hey TxSurfer-

I'm sorry your kit didn't include an instruction manual, it should have been in the bag with everything else. I'll shoot it over to you via email right now.

Send us an email or feel free to give us a call tomorrow after you look at the instructions, that's a much more effective way of providing support than cluttering up this thread.

Hardly seems like cluttering up the thread, this is a dicussion thread about the piggyback system is it not? Dontknow.gif

Txsurfer, Any updates on how the insatall is going now that you have been sent all the info that you didnt recieve on the initial order?

just doing research.

No luck. I recieved a pm from skicrave asking if i would remove the parts list on my original post. Basically saying it was bad for bussiness for them and created problems. I didn't think it was a big deal i just wanted to let him know what i recieved and if it was the version 2 like he said they were sending. I edited my post and sent him a pm asking if he would send the instructions that i paid for over to my work email, but no response. That was at 5 am yesterday morning. When i got home i gave jason "skicrave" a call and left a message about not recieving my instructions. I also sent him a email at his wakemakers account. That was around 4 pm, no response. At 8 pm i am getting pretty upset i send him another pm on the crew telling him i am getting upset and just want what i payed for. Still no response. This morning i try my last option to see if maybe he has something going on and send a message to spencer who also works at wakemakers and helped me out with my original order. I forwarded on our original message with my order and added the problems i am having getting what i paid for and some customer service. That was this morning no response from him. Unless they both have some kind of family emergency or dissaster going on then there is no excuse for this kind of treatment. I hope everyone on the crew reads this and passes it on. I

Not Good! Dontknow.gif

I got a reply from spencer at wakemakers while i was at lunch. He sent me a email with the instructions and told me he doesn't know what happened. He was very nice and said he was sorry for the inconvenience. Thats all i wanted. Yahoo.gif

I purchased the bow piggyback system a month ago. It didn't come with any directions either and was missing some plugs. I let Jason at wavemakers know via email/pm. He sent me the missing plugs but still no install directions. After seeing that there was a different version out there after reading this thread, I sent another pm to Jason. He responded saying that he would send me the upgraded install info and hardware that should have been in the original shipment. Unfortunately I still haven't received anything. I called today and left a voicemail on their website phone but haven't received a callback yet.

I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt....it seems like they are good guys willing to help, but I get the idea that they are running this business on the side and have other stuff going on which takes up a lot of their time. (nothing wrong with that of course) If that is the case, could be the reason for slow responses? Purely speculation on my part of course. Anyway, I will give them a little more time. The one time I spoke to one of those guys on the phone he was super friendly and helpful.

I am just getting antsy because I would like to get my ballast finished for Memorial Day weekend. I also have rear 750 sacks that I purchased earlier (before I new about the tank replacement system on wakemakers) that I want to swap out with my stock hard tanks in the rear. I need to know what fittings to purchase to be able to make the swap and have it where I can pull the bags out easily to let them and the boat dry. Hopefully Jason or Spencer will see this and give me a call!

Edited by DUKENO1
I purchased the bow piggyback system a month ago. It didn't come with any directions either and was missing some plugs. I let Jason at wavemakers know via email/pm. He sent me the missing plugs but still no install directions. After seeing that there was a different version out there after reading this thread, I sent another pm to Jason. He responded saying that he would send me the upgraded install info and hardware that should have been in the original shipment. Unfortunately I still haven't received anything. I called today and left a voicemail on their website phone but haven't received a callback yet.

I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt....it seems like they are good guys willing to help, but I get the idea that they are running this business on the side and have other stuff going on which takes up a lot of their time. (nothing wrong with that of course) If that is the case, could be the reason for slow responses? Purely speculation on my part of course. Anyway, I will give them a little more time. The one time I spoke to one of those guys on the phone he was super friendly and helpful.

I am just getting antsy because I would like to get my ballast finished for Memorial Day weekend. I also have rear 750 sacks that I purchased earlier (before I new about the tank replacement system on wakemakers) that I want to swap out with my stock hard tanks in the rear. I need to know what fittings to purchase to be able to make the swap and have it where I can pull the bags out easily to let them and the boat dry. Hopefully Jason or Spencer will see this and give me a call!

dont hold your breath from what ive seen!

as an update someone from wakemakers did try to call me this evening but I was working and didn't catch the call. Unfortunately they didn't

leave a message. I hope to speak with someone this weekend.

Jason with wavemakers sent me a email yesterday and told me they they have a version 3.0 on the piggyback system coimg out prob next week. He also sent me a copy of the instructions. Thats all i wanted with my original post and did not want to go threw all this mess. He told me i might want to wait on the install for the revision that they will be sending out free of charge to customers that already orderd the previous system. finally. Clap.gif

Edited by TxSurfer

Duke - I believe that the 750 swap you are talking about is WakeMakers TankBuster system - if so I installed it a few weeks ago and can help you out with what you need.

Any word on a version 3 of the piggyback system?

I am due to receive mine today...it's out for delivery. I was planning on doing the install this week so I could use it this weekend. I am really thinking I made a mistake by wanting to integrate the ballast system and not just using a manual ballast pump. :unsure:

Any word on a version 3 of the piggyback system?

I am due to receive mine today...it's out for delivery. I was planning on doing the install this week so I could use it this weekend. I am really thinking I made a mistake by wanting to integrate the ballast system and not just using a manual ballast pump. :unsure:

I installed a system this weekend that I have yet to try out. I will wait to be sure that it works before making any post about it. But if it works as it should i can tell you this, It cost $30 from the local hardware store and took less then an hour to install. I have been researching all the ways of doing this and have come across a few, they all have their own issues, so you just have to make a choice of what issues you want to deal with. I should get something posted about it in the next couple of weeks after testing. I wouldnt want to just throw ideas out there for all to see and then have to come back every other week and edit them because i did not do my homework!

Mine is due in tomorrow and I will have say, that although it is difficult at times to get a hold of Jason or Spenser and I get frustrated when I can’t just like the rest of you - when you do, they are very helpful. Talked to Spencer yesterday and discovered that my integrated bow bag was missing a drain hole (factory mistake). Spencer immediately shipped out another one and included the parts I would need for the system revision – no cost to me.

I am glad that they have taken the time to research the products they are selling and making the necessary adjustments (at their cost) to make sure they work when we install them.

As for having doubts on whether an integrated system is better than “throwing the pump” um well let me see a – YES. “Throwing the pump” was always a PITA – always water in the boat – crawling over everyone to get to the bags. I purchased the TankBuster system a few weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier – flip factory switch to fill – flip factory switch to drain – never leave my seat – good thing I don’t have the power wedge or I would never get off my a$$. If the PiggyBack Bow system works as well as the TankBuster I will be a very happy surfer this season. Thumbup.gif

Duke - I believe that the 750 swap you are talking about is WakeMakers TankBuster system - if so I installed it a few weeks ago and can help you out with what you need.

Thanks

I sent you a pm

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is due in tomorrow ... If the PiggyBack Bow system works as well as the TankBuster I will be a very happy surfer this season. Thumbup.gif

How 'bout an update from you or anyone with the "3.0" system?

This thread is a gold mine. I'm researching and hope to see some pic's of the install and the kind of wake this system puts out for the Malibu V Ride.... Anybody have pic's of the piggyback system in a 21' 2005 (or equivelant), along with the wake it's kicking out at 10.3??

Keep the information coming. Sounds like we're about to achieve perfection here, which is when I'm going to pull the trigger and buy my own piggy back system!!! :)

Still waiting on something from them. Received an email last week saying that those of us with issues (me) would be getting an upgraded kit with the necessary parts and instructions. I have no idea when and if this is gong to ship. These guys, while very nice when you talk to them, are almost impossible to get hold of. I have had no luck by phone and sporadic success with email. I hope to get this resolved as soon as possible. I ordered my piggyback bow system way back the first week in April.

Mine is due in tomorrow ... If the PiggyBack Bow system works as well as the TankBuster I will be a very happy surfer this season. Thumbup.gif

I received an email yesterday asking if i would like to have the 3.0 setup and of course I ask for the upgrade and what it included. I have not had a chance to try the 2.0 out yet. I did the install, it was not too hard.

Hopefully i'll get my boat back from the dealer before the weekend. It went into limp mode because of a low battery alarm and now the engine and boat won't talk. The engine code cleared fine but the boat electronics will not clear.

I am still need instructions. I ordered two system - received the bags and parts, but no info on how to put it togather - I sent an e-mail requesting instructions with no response yet. If any of you have the instructions you can e-mail - please let me know.

Still waiting on something from them. Received an email last week saying that those of us with issues (me) would be getting an upgraded kit with the necessary parts and instructions. I have no idea when and if this is gong to ship. These guys, while very nice when you talk to them, are almost impossible to get hold of. I have had no luck by phone and sporadic success with email. I hope to get this resolved as soon as possible. I ordered my piggyback bow system way back the first week in April.

Ooh that sucks, I hate no service after sale.

This thread is a gold mine. I'm researching and hope to see some pic's of the install and the kind of wake this system puts out for the Malibu V Ride.... Anybody have pic's of the piggyback system in a 21' 2005 (or equivelant), along with the wake it's kicking out at 10.3??

Keep the information coming. Sounds like we're about to achieve perfection here, which is when I'm going to pull the trigger and buy my own piggy back system!!! :)

This system has been proven time and time again to be a flop! Maybe they will have something that works by VS 16.0 Dontknow.gif The 750 sac is a must and the fitting's, hose, and valves you need to install it to the factory pumps can be bought at your local hardware store for less then $30. That is if you are adding a sac to a under floor tank, do you have the tank above the floor? If you do you would need to pull that one and replace it with the 750.

Edited by txwakejunkie
This system has been proven time and time again to be a flop! Maybe they will have something that works by VS 16.0 Dontknow.gif The 750 sac is a must and the fitting's, hose, and valves you need to install it to the factory pumps can be bought at your local hardware store for less then $30. That is if you are adding a sac to a under floor tank, do you have the tank above the floor? If you do you would need to pull that one and replace it with the 750.

Yes, the tanks are on the exterior sides of the storage compartments, sitting above-floor in each compartment. They are hard-walled tanks, so I'd like to keep them there if possible.

Do you know of other piggy-back systems that work flawlessly? Seems to me that retrofitting is going to incorporate some inefficiencies that simply can't be overcome -- like leaving 25 pounds of water in the sacks, which I can live with. On the other hand, if the sack can't get filled properly, or if it leaves a lot of water that can't be pumped out, then I'm inclined to remove and replace.

If I remove and replace, can I re-install the hard-walled tank, or is is ruined by removing it?

From what i understand this thread seems to refer to several different systems mostly for boats with in floor stock hard tanks and adding extra ballast onto the stock setup. For a vride the only option is the system that removes hard tanks and replaces with bigger ballast. A add-on or piggyback setup won't work on vride because the stock hard tanks are above the floor. I have been researching this system for our 07 vride. My understanding is the original hard tanks can be reinstalled.

Yes, the tanks are on the exterior sides of the storage compartments, sitting above-floor in each compartment. They are hard-walled tanks, so I'd like to keep them there if possible.

Do you know of other piggy-back systems that work flawlessly? Seems to me that retrofitting is going to incorporate some inefficiencies that simply can't be overcome -- like leaving 25 pounds of water in the sacks, which I can live with. On the other hand, if the sack can't get filled properly, or if it leaves a lot of water that can't be pumped out, then I'm inclined to remove and replace.

If I remove and replace, can I re-install the hard-walled tank, or is is ruined by removing it?

Lots of people here have replaced their tanks with larger sacs, they have no issues with filling or draining. Yes you could reinstall the tanks if you wanted too later for resale or whatever reasons you may have.

I received an email yesterday asking if i would like to have the 3.0 setup and of course I ask for the upgrade and what it included. I have not had a chance to try the 2.0 out yet. I did the install, it was not too hard.

Hopefully i'll get my boat back from the dealer before the weekend. It went into limp mode because of a low battery alarm and now the engine and boat won't talk. The engine code cleared fine but the boat electronics will not clear.

That's funny. I am still on version 1.0 with no instructions. I just received a response to the email I sent yesterday.

Said that they are wating on hose from a supplier and then they will be shipping out the upgrade. They are not expecting the hose until the end of the week so I guess that means I will be lucky to see it by the end of next week.