Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Malibu Piggyback System

Dusty14

Wow.. All I can say is bakes add a bag has been in my boat for 2 months now with no issues what so ever... sorry to hear all of you are having problems. I hope they get resolved.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• txwakejunkie

• skicrave

• cyoda44

• DUKENO1

Wow.. All I can say is bakes add a bag has been in my boat for 2 months now with no issues what so ever...

Is that an integrated bow ballast system? That's what we're talking about here. I don't see that on the Bakes web site.

Wow.. All I can say is bakes add a bag has been in my boat for 2 months now with no issues what so ever...

Is that an integrated bow ballast system? That's what we're talking about here. I don't see that on the Bakes web site.

Yes it is, there is a thread with all the parts needed to do this style on here somewhere. (pump, hose, valve, ect. )

• 2 weeks later...

Update.. Spencer sent me an E-mail stating they are shipping the upgrades. I have not received mine yet.

june 26 update.... no word or e-mail confirming shipment. still waiting

Edited by cyoda44
  • 2 weeks later...
Update.. Spencer sent me an E-mail stating they are shipping the upgrades. I have not received mine yet.

June 30 still waiting on shipment.

The only problem I am experiencing is an air lock in the hard tanks. Air is getting traped in the tank. The fix is easy just need to vent the hard tank instead of caping it off. Add a WYE connector to the vent tubes and your done.

Yes it is, there is a thread with all the parts needed to do this style on here somewhere. (pump, hose, valve, ect. )

Where is the Bates thread? I've searched the ballast forum for "bates" and "bow", even just "bates" and nothing comes up.

thanks,

Mike

Edited by MadDogMike

Where is the Bates thread? I've searched the ballast forum for "bates" and "bow", even just "bates" and nothing comes up.

thanks,

Mike

Try Bakes. Not bates.

Try Bakes. Not bates.

Sorry, I spelled it right on my search, but wrong on my post. I found the Bakes add-a-bag thread, but it looks like they're talking about aft ballast, not bow ballast.

June 30 still waiting on shipment.

The only problem I am experiencing is an air lock in the hard tanks. Air is getting traped in the tank. The fix is easy just need to vent the hard tank instead of caping it off. Add a WYE connector to the vent tubes and your done.

When you add the vent you to the hard tank you will also need a one-way valve. Without it draining will be a problem. That is my current configuration and it work pretty good now.

When you add the vent you to the hard tank you will also need a one-way valve. Without it draining will be a problem. That is my current configuration and it work pretty good now.

Is that to create a suction to drain the bags? Would not gravity cause the bags to drain the water down to the hard tank?

3rd from the top in the ballast forum.. Whistling.gif

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20114

Nope, not what I'm looking for. This is for adding factory ballast. I have an '04 VLX and won't accept factory bow ballast. I need an aftermarket system that plumbs into my factory center tank. That's what the Wakemakers system does (or is supposed to do.) Haven't seen a similar system from Bake's or anywhere else. It's just a matter of buying the v-shaped bow ballast sack and finding the right parts and instructions. I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere...

3rd from the top in the ballast forum.. Whistling.gif

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20114

Nope, not what I'm looking for. This is for adding factory ballast. I have an '04 VLX and won't accept factory bow ballast. I need an aftermarket system that plumbs into my factory center tank. That's what the Wakemakers system does (or is supposed to do.) Haven't seen a similar system from Bake's or anywhere else. It's just a matter of buying the v-shaped bow ballast sack and finding the right parts and instructions. I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere...

Take the bow ballast thread and follow it with the exception of the sending unit and then trade the hard tank for the soft sack. The soft sac will still need a fill line drain line and overflow/vent.

Edited by liljohn

I received my upgrade kit yesterday along with the new and improved instructions. The instruction are both visual and written.

I received my upgrade kit yesterday along with the new and improved instructions. The instruction are both visual and written.

Are others starting to receive this info?

I did a complete reinstall of the system on saturday. I was able to take the boat out last evening and try it out.

I am Happy now Thumbup.gif the system worked with my presets.

The only thing to remember is the bags do keep some water in them while filling the hard tanks. If you only want a half full hard tank, hit the preset and it cuts off at the proper reading, but after a run or 2 check the level again. It might have more water than you want. "water draining down from the bag" Easily fixed by just hitting the preset again. The system will drain or fill as necessary.

If you just want everything full to the rim you will have to "top" off the bags with a manual fill after the MLS system turns off.

The only issue I could complain about is the hose clamps. I received size 10 clamps and should have been size 6. (I think the sizes are correct) I would have just cut off the excess clamp ring but was concerened about sharp edges. This would have been a "cleaner" looking install.

I did a complete reinstall of the system on saturday. I was able to take the boat out last evening and try it out.

I am Happy now Thumbup.gif the system worked with my presets.

The only thing to remember is the bags do keep some water in them while filling the hard tanks. If you only want a half full hard tank, hit the preset and it cuts off at the proper reading, but after a run or 2 check the level again. It might have more water than you want. "water draining down from the bag" Easily fixed by just hitting the preset again. The system will drain or fill as necessary.

If you just want everything full to the rim you will have to "top" off the bags with a manual fill after the MLS system turns off.

The only issue I could complain about is the hose clamps. I received size 10 clamps and should have been size 6. (I think the sizes are correct) I would have just cut off the excess clamp ring but was concerned about sharp edges. This would have been a "cleaner" looking install.

cyoda44,

i am stoked that the install went well. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and delay between getting the kit and then getting the upgrade. It ended up being harder than expected to get everyone squared away with the piggyback systems without the boats in front of us. There were discrepancies between the same year and model of boats which destroyed the dream of having one kit for all systems. I think we will now be selling just the parts instead of the entire kits.

Sorry about the hose clamps. I bought one size that would work for Malibu and Mastercraft boats. I will look into something a little smaller.

On a brighter note, Danny Harf was towed behind a 2008 Malibu VLX with the rear bag piggyback install and he said the shape of the wake and the size popped him perfectly. 1 point for Malibu, 0 for Correct Craft.

Thanks,

Spencer

cyoda44,

i am stoked that the install went well. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and delay between getting the kit and then getting the upgrade. It ended up being harder than expected to get everyone squared away with the piggyback systems without the boats in front of us. There were discrepancies between the same year and model of boats which destroyed the dream of having one kit for all systems. I think we will now be selling just the parts instead of the entire kits.

Sorry about the hose clamps. I bought one size that would work for Malibu and Mastercraft boats. I will look into something a little smaller.

On a brighter note, Danny Harf was towed behind a 2008 Malibu VLX with the rear bag piggyback install and he said the shape of the wake and the size popped him perfectly. 1 point for Malibu, 0 for Correct Craft.

Thanks,

Spencer

I figured the clamps where a one size for both. volume pricing saves us buyers some $$ in the long run.

I think you are right about selling just the parts.... you could have a standard parts list that people could purchase. That would include anything and everything possible you could need to do the install then return the unused/new parts whithin a specified period of time. Just a thought.... Biggrin.gif

Thanks

Charlie

Edited by cyoda44

I have a copy of the install sheets and if you're needing them please PM me your E mail address. I'm not sure if these instructions work for all Bu's but I'm hoping that this will give you an idea of how to do the install.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone that is having any problems or issues with their systems please contact us (via email or phone call). Be forewarned that we have had higher than expected call volume the last few weeks, so it may be difficult to get through right away. If you leave a message though (as instructed), we will absolutely call you back within 24 hours.

I'm glad to hear other people got some sort of service from wakemakers!

I haven't had any luck on getting an upgrade kit for the previous months after purchasing the rear 750's and the piggy back bow system!

If anyone has the instructions and parts list, please send them my way as it will be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to hear other people got some sort of service from wakemakers!

I haven't had any luck on getting an upgrade kit for the previous months after purchasing the rear 750's and the piggy back bow system!

If anyone has the instructions and parts list, please send them my way as it will be much appreciated!

Jelzy- Please contact us via email or phone so we can get your situation resolved. I don't show any record of outstanding systems in need of an updated kit, so clearly we're just missing some information for you. Let me know ASAP so we can get you taken care of.

Anyone have luck in finding instructions for the tankbuster system from Wakemakers for the Vrides?

Installation instructions are included with the system and will be included in the box with your order. If you have any specific questions about the functionality, please feel free to contact us.

• 5 years later...