Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Malibu Piggyback System

Dusty14

this has been talked about before and you are correct in that it will not drain completely. You will have to unhook the bag and drain it to get all the water out. thats is why i am thinking of installing a pump on the bag like the bakes system does. still researching.

Bakes has a piggyback bow ballast system? I couldn't find it on their web site.

you will have to call them, They do need to add it to the site!! maybe they will see this post and make it happen Whistling.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• txwakejunkie

• skicrave

• cyoda44

• DUKENO1

I tried putting a ball valve on the end of the drain line where it exits the hull. I closed the valve and ran the pump. The tank filled then the sac started filling. It struggled to fill after a point and seemed to get nowhere. After 15 minutes it was only 1/2 full. I decided to scrap it and switched the pump to drain. After 15 minutes I gave up and lifted the sack out to let it drain over the side.

I have returned the boat to stock. I can fill and drain the 750 pro-x sacs with my tsunami pump in about 5 minutes. With the second sac in the opposite stern locker, I can pump from one sac to the other to switch sides and let the stock pumps do their thing with the tanks.

It's a nice concept but needs some effort on the part of those promoting this "piggyvack" concept. Definitely not working out as proposed.

this has been talked about before and you are correct in that it will not drain completely. You will have to unhook the bag and drain it to get all the water out. thats is why i am thinking of installing a pump on the bag like the bakes system does. still researching.

There's no way to get all of the water out (even with a pump), but with the updated version there won't be nearly that much water left in the bag. In our tests around 25lbs of water is left in the bag when done draining.

I tried putting a ball valve on the end of the drain line where it exits the hull. I closed the valve and ran the pump. The tank filled then the sac started filling. It struggled to fill after a point and seemed to get nowhere. After 15 minutes it was only 1/2 full. I decided to scrap it and switched the pump to drain. After 15 minutes I gave up and lifted the sack out to let it drain over the side.

I have returned the boat to stock. I can fill and drain the 750 pro-x sacs with my tsunami pump in about 5 minutes. With the second sac in the opposite stern locker, I can pump from one sac to the other to switch sides and let the stock pumps do their thing with the tanks.

It's a nice concept but needs some effort on the part of those promoting this "piggyvack" concept. Definitely not working out as proposed.

When did you purchase your Piggyback system from us?

3 gallons of water seems like alot to be left in the bag, i would think the pump may only leave a few drops. thats all that is in there when i drain them now with the pumps.

Edited by txwakejunkie

I thinking of adding the 750's to each locker of my 04 WLSV HH engine...

I seriously worried that the boat will be doggin' it with all that weight? front, back, and middle tanks filled. I'm getting the ACME 1235...Will I be OK.

Anyone else done this?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM

3 gallons of water seems like alot to be left in the bag, i would think the pump may only leave a few drops. thats all that is in there when i drain them now with the pumps.

3 gallons is less water than is left in the factory hard tanks. 20ish pounds isn't really enough to make a difference, and you won't get any more water out of the bags using pumps unless you're using an impeller style pump, and even then I don't think you will (because it's not a sealed system).

I seriously worried that the boat will be doggin' it with all that weight? front, back, and middle tanks filled. I'm getting the ACME 1235...Will I be OK.

You'll be okay with the 1235 unless you're at extreme altitudes. If you're planning on using those bags for wakeboarding though you'll need to add more weigh to the bow of the boat or you'll have a terrible time getting on plane.

Surfing will be just fine and is a great foundation for building a good wake on that boat.

3 gallons is less water than is left in the factory hard tanks. 20ish pounds isn't really enough to make a difference, and you won't get any more water out of the bags using pumps unless you're using an impeller style pump, and even then I don't think you will (because it's not a sealed system).

You'll be okay with the 1235 unless you're at extreme altitudes. If you're planning on using those bags for wakeboarding though you'll need to add more weigh to the bow of the boat or you'll have a terrible time getting on plane.

Surfing will be just fine and is a great foundation for building a good wake on that boat.

Thanks for the advice!

What should I put in the bow? I have an old Fly High 550lb. Will that work?

TOM

The 550 you have in the bow would be a good place to start. That will give you 3,650lbs. of total weight, with around 55% of it located in the back of the boat. Most people recommend splitting the weight in the boat 40%/60% between the front and rear, respectively, so you're a little heavy in the front. That's a good place to start though, because the boat will get up to speed faster, and if you find the transition too mellow you can always drain some of the weight up front.

Do you have/use the Wedge?

There's no way to get all of the water out (even with a pump), but with the updated version there won't be nearly that much water left in the bag. In our tests around 25lbs of water is left in the bag when done draining.

When did you purchase your Piggyback system from us?

I purchased the "system" ( sacs & fittings) from one of your associates this past February while he was with his former company....

I purchased the "system" ( sacs & fittings) from one of your associates this past February while he was with his former company....

Ah, that makes some sense! The product being discussed here is completely different from anything you would have purchased from Spencer back then, so your experience will be different than those that have a PiggyBack system.

Ah, that makes some sense! The product being discussed here is completely different from anything you would have purchased from Spencer back then, so your experience will be different than those that have a PiggyBack system.

please describe the system that he has compaired to the system you guys have and what is better. I only want to do this once. thanks

We have some updated installation information, along with a revision to the hardware kit that fixes that problem. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

You have email and PM

We have some updated installation information, along with a revision to the hardware kit that fixes that problem. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Are the updated kits shipping now. My just shipped this week.

You have email and PM

Hi Rob, I just replied to your email.

Are the updated kits shipping now. My just shipped this week.

Yes, all kits shipped in the last two weeks are version 2.0. We are contacting anyone with the original version to offer them a free upgrade too.

OK then, What do I need to get, beyond what I was recommended to buy? I have the 2 - 750# sacs and 1/2 dozen sac valve threads - 3/4" quick connect fittings and 1/2 dozen Flow-Rite 3/4" Elbow quick connects purchased thru Spencer. I have tubing on hand and a box of hose clamps.

What am I missing?

I'd be happy to buy what I need if it will work.

OK then, What do I need to get, beyond what I was recommended to buy? I have the 2 - 750# sacs and 1/2 dozen sac valve threads - 3/4" quick connect fittings and 1/2 dozen Flow-Rite 3/4" Elbow quick connects purchased thru Spencer. I have tubing on hand and a box of hose clamps.

What am I missing?

Dontknow.gif

any answers for this, i want to get the ball rolling on my install also, i need something that works. I dont want to buy then repair, then hate it, and buy again. thanks

What am I missing?

Dontknow.gif

any answers for this, i want to get the ball rolling on my install also, i need something that works. I dont want to buy then repair, then hate it, and buy again. thanks

Sorry to say no updates on this install. I'd stick with the tsunami pump. It's not really much hassle and it fills / drains quickly. Go for the 2 sacs and pump from one to the other to switch sides.

What am I missing?

Dontknow.gif

Sorry to say no updates on this install. I'd stick with the tsunami pump. It's not really much hassle and it fills / drains quickly. Go for the 2 sacs and pump from one to the other to switch sides.

Is just me or does it seem like we are having to beg for what someone says is a simple fix? looking at the site you have to buy the thing to find out what it is, what is there to hide? I guess i will just go with plan A, the bakes style system, at least I know it works and what it is, just cost a few more bones.

Skicrave I just recieved my 750 piggyback system today and had a couple of questions. I think the idea is pretty simple but wanted some clarification on install. I didn't recieve any instructions. Did i get the version 2.0 like you mentioned? Thanks for any clarification.

Edited by TxSurfer

Hey TxSurfer-

I'm sorry your kit didn't include an instruction manual, it should have been in the bag with everything else. I'll shoot it over to you via email right now.

Send us an email or feel free to give us a call tomorrow after you look at the instructions, that's a much more effective way of providing support than cluttering up this thread.

Hey TxSurfer-

I'm sorry your kit didn't include an instruction manual, it should have been in the bag with everything else. I'll shoot it over to you via email right now.

Send us an email or feel free to give us a call tomorrow after you look at the instructions, that's a much more effective way of providing support than cluttering up this thread.

Hardly seems like cluttering up the thread, this is a dicussion thread about the piggyback system is it not? Dontknow.gif

Hey TxSurfer-

Hardly seems like cluttering up the thread, this is a dicussion thread about the piggyback system is it not? Dontknow.gif

Txsurfer, Any updates on how the insatall is going now that you have been sent all the info that you didnt recieve on the initial order?

just doing research.