Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Malibu Piggyback System

Dusty14

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• txwakejunkie

• skicrave

• cyoda44

• DUKENO1

Hey guys-

I'm not aware of any Crew members that have purchased a system from us (doesn't mean it hasn't happened, we just don't have a way to track that unless they tell us in an email or something).

Anyway, if you guys have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer them. I know you're looking for some feedback from a third party, and hopefully one of our customers will chime in.

Keep in mind that we do have our demo program, which allows you to try any ballast product in your boat, on your lake, the way you would use for 30 days with no risk (other than return shipping). So that may be a good way to get some hands-on experience and decide for yourself if this is the right solution for you.

If anyone is interested in a system and would be willing to offer their feedback after using it for a while, shoot me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in the system, but I cant find any info online about it. there seems to be a bad link on the website. can you pm me some info

reconabe- You can read more about our PiggyBack Ballast System on our wakeboard ballast systems page. Let me know which link you found that was bad so I can be sure it gets resolved.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call, email or PM and we will do our best to answer them.

Would it be possible or have you thought of creating a V-drive sac set using a larger bag?

I'm very interested in a set using the ( 19" x 19" x 42" Capacity: 565lbs) or ever better the (50" x 20" x 20 capacity 750+lbs.) Thumbup.gif insted of the 42" x 16" x 16" Capacity: 400lbs :unsure:

Would it be possible or have you thought of creating a V-drive sac set using a larger bag?

I'm very interested in a set using the ( 19" x 19" x 42" Capacity: 565lbs) or ever better the (50" x 20" x 20 capacity 750+lbs.) Thumbup.gif insted of the 42" x 16" x 16" Capacity: 400lbs :unsure:

Yep, we've got you covered with two versions of the PiggyBack System for the rear lockers, the PiggyBack 400 and PiggyBack 750. We've found that those two bags cover most boats on the market very well, but we may look at adding a 565 system down the line. Thumbup.gif

Yep, we've got you covered with two versions of the PiggyBack System for the rear lockers, the PiggyBack 400 and PiggyBack 750. We've found that those two bags cover most boats on the market very well, but we may look at adding a 565 system down the line. Thumbup.gif

The Wakesurf piggyback systems look great Thumbup.gif but i am looking for a dual piggy back setup. It would also need to have a nice discount like the V Drive Sac Set in relationship to the V Drive Surf Sac Rockon.gif

We would love to offer a discount on a pair of PiggyBack systems, but unfortunately Fly High doesn't package two Fat Sacs together as a Fat Sac Set like they do with the V-drive Sacs.

If you're interested in buying two systems though, give us a call and we'll work something out.

Hey folks....

I actually just purchased the Universal Open Bow PiggyBack Ballast System and it is on it's way!

I can take some pics of the install. I had already purchased the Fly high 750's over the winter to

replace my hard tanks. I am waiting for the Piggyback to arrive and then I am going to do it

all at the same time. I am looking forward to the improved wakeboarding wake but also hoping

that this will allow me to eliminate some of the extra ballast bag filling when we want to surf. As it is

right now I have 4-5 bags to fill to get the surf wake good. I hope to be able to only need the big

680 lber that goes on the port side seats. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey folks....

I actually just purchased the Universal Open Bow PiggyBack Ballast System and it is on it's way!

I can take some pics of the install. I had already purchased the Fly high 750's over the winter to

replace my hard tanks. I am waiting for the Piggyback to arrive and then I am going to do it

all at the same time. I am looking forward to the improved wakeboarding wake but also hoping

that this will allow me to eliminate some of the extra ballast bag filling when we want to surf. As it is

right now I have 4-5 bags to fill to get the surf wake good. I hope to be able to only need the big

680 lber that goes on the port side seats. Keeping my fingers crossed!

That's nothing! you want ballast... check this out:

http://www.markstaar.com/product/49/MS4204-50.html

Now that's some real ballast when filled with sand!

(Sense the humoristic tone)

• 2 weeks later...

will the 750s fit in the 2006 vride? I do not have the hard tanks and no idea how to install, but interested in figuring it out. I do have the factory hard tank in the center. I am wondering how hard it would be to add the rear balalst without drilling through the hull. I know I would need 4 pumps, the wiring I am good at, and the rest I am clueless. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions would be appreciated.

I want to primarily use it when there are only 2-4 people in the boat. I want to use it to surf, but also want to increase the wake to board. Plan on eventually adding a bow ballast too. Thanks in advance

Yes, 750s will fit in your lockers, and quite well actually. If you don't have the rear ballast you don't want a PiggyBack system though.

Send us an email or give us a call and I can outline a system for you.

I'm in the process of ordering the hardware to turn my existing 400lb. Fly High Fat Sac into the integrated piggyback system that these guys are selling. I'll post the results. FYI, I'm currently using the bag in the port side locker of my VTX for wakesurfing. Because I already have the sac, I'm just having to purchase the hardware parts which should cost less than $30 including shipping. My concern is that the sac will not fill/empty as smoothly as theory would suggest.

I'll keep you guys posted

Last summer I used a 750 Fly High pro-x sac in the rear lockers of my '07 VTX. We switched it from side to side for wake surfing filling and draining it with a Tsunami pump. Liking the sound of the simple piggy-back bypass plumbing off of my factory pumps and switches I purchased a second 750 and some quick connect elbows, hose clamps and fittings for the sacs.

On the right side I located the overflow hose for the tank, removed it from the thru hull fitting and plumbed it onto the bottom opening on the end of the sac. I took a new piece of hose with quick connect elbow and plumbed it from the top opening on the sac to back to the thru hull overflow fitting.

I have connected a garden hose to the pick-up opening on the bottom of the hull turned the hose on and the ballast pump on for the right side. The factory tank filled in 3 minutes and then the sac started to fill. Stoked! When the sac got to aprox. 1/4 full, water started coming out the thru hull opening connected to the drain line for the factory tank and the sac stopped filling. Bummed!

Can anyone advise me as to something I've done incorrectly?

Last summer I used a 750 Fly High pro-x sac in the rear lockers of my '07 VTX. We switched it from side to side for wake surfing filling and draining it with a Tsunami pump. Liking the sound of the simple piggy-back bypass plumbing off of my factory pumps and switches I purchased a second 750 and some quick connect elbows, hose clamps and fittings for the sacs.

On the right side I located the overflow hose for the tank, removed it from the thru hull fitting and plumbed it onto the bottom opening on the end of the sac. I took a new piece of hose with quick connect elbow and plumbed it from the top opening on the sac to back to the thru hull overflow fitting.

I have connected a garden hose to the pick-up opening on the bottom of the hull turned the hose on and the ballast pump on for the right side. The factory tank filled in 3 minutes and then the sac started to fill. Stoked! When the sac got to aprox. 1/4 full, water started coming out the thru hull opening connected to the drain line for the factory tank and the sac stopped filling. Bummed!

Can anyone advise me as to something I've done incorrectly?

I installed this system this weekend, and I get quite a bit of flow out of the drain line from the factory tank as the sac is filling. Also, when I drained it, there was still about 100 lbs of water left in the sac.

I'm thinking it has to do with the routing of the factory line that is the vent for the hard tank and the fill/drain for the sac. I still have it running up high and then back down to the bottom opening. Maybe I should keep that line as low as possible to aid the gravity flow draining back into the hard tank. Thoughts?

We have some updated installation information, along with a revision to the hardware kit that fixes that problem. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

I'm in the process of ordering the hardware to turn my existing 400lb. Fly High Fat Sac into the integrated piggyback system that these guys are selling. I'll post the results. FYI, I'm currently using the bag in the port side locker of my VTX for wakesurfing. Because I already have the sac, I'm just having to purchase the hardware parts which should cost less than $30 including shipping. My concern is that the sac will not fill/empty as smoothly as theory would suggest.I'll keep you guys posted

this has been talked about before and you are correct in that it will not drain completely. You will have to unhook the bag and drain it to get all the water out. thats is why i am thinking of installing a pump on the bag like the bakes system does. still researching.

this has been talked about before and you are correct in that it will not drain completely. You will have to unhook the bag and drain it to get all the water out. thats is why i am thinking of installing a pump on the bag like the bakes system does. still researching.

Bakes has a piggyback bow ballast system? I couldn't find it on their web site.