Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Drive ballast

WakeGirl

I bought the Pro X Series v-drive sacs today along with the new pump.  I probably called 8 vendors before I found this place that blew all the others out of the water as far as price goes.  They will even call Fly High directly and have your stuff shipped straight from them.

The House

I've never used these guys before but they were super nice and their prices were BY FAR the best.  Nobody wants to work with you on pricing for this particular product but these guys did.

I have used the-house many times to buy my family,s snow board gear. Very freindly service and reasonable prices.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Mazeing5

• Woody26

• SacRiverRat

So are we all agreeing that the 400 lb sacs will NOT crush the tanks under the floor in the rear compartments of the 2005's?

I hope so...I guess I will find out next week.

Two weeks ago we used D-Goose's Pro X 750 lb fat sac the the rear locker. The wake was awsome and the were not any structual integrity issues with floor.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish they had a 20 x 20 x42 that would fit these v- drives boats a lot better.

It seems all the v-drive boats can fit about the same size bag as the new boats if there are no hard tanks in the older boats.

I would love to take my current config out (pumps t off to fat buddies)and get rid of the hard tanks and the fat buddies. I just don't think the 400 pound pro x-series will be as much weight as I have now.

I think the 750 bag just won't fill right and be sloppy in my 04 vlx. Maybe I will go custom I just hate to waste the space.

I called barefoot international and found out that the gravity games bag which is a custom bag is 20 x 20 x 42. Its just alot more than the 20 x 20 x50 since they don't mass produce them. They told me that alot of the pro's use the 750 sac back there to get every inch of space. I just think you would have to adjust it every time while it filled if it was that long , maybe not.

I'm going through the same thing right now with the v-drive sac's. Has anybody used the 750s back there?

I'm going to order the bow sac and was wondering if anybody can tell me what I'll need to fill them with a regular 1" ballast pump. Also, I wanted to get it all by this weekend if possible.

With 2000 to 2500lbs what would be a good prop for a 04 VLX?

Thanks

I just am going to get the 750s. The custom sacs were like 100 more for 8 less inches in length. They will probably have them mass produced next year it is a very popular size.

Woody26,

They are plumed in and ready to go. I will let you know after the weekend how they are filled with water.

Right now the size looks perfect for the back of a 2004 vlx. Without the hard tanks they fill the hole compartment.

Maze we have been thinking of doing this also can you snap some pics?

Is there room enough to put a couple life jackets ontop and then get the hatch locked?

ITCH

Right now we have the hard tanks and a 350's next to it, one of my crew just bought six hundreds to replace the 350's. I would be interested in the 750 to get rid of the hard tanks altogether.

I received my pro-x bow sac and all I have to say is wow. These sac's are so much nicer than any other sac I've ever seen.

Mazeing5 how did it go this weekend with the 750"s?

I thought they would be two much but we filled them all the way up but they were just right for boarding (with no wedge). I was hoping they would be a lot more weight for surfing.

I like them I just don't like the new fittings that much. On the old bags you could run some tubing in the bag so you could get them to drain better these you have to lift the bag if you want to get all the water out.

There is plenty of room for jackets and stuff on top of them I just thought they would be bigger.

The 750's size is the best choice for that compartment.

I used hardware store stuff for the fittings. If you want it done right you need 6 g fittings and 6 k fittings ( I didn't want to wait for those to be delivered).

You need about 15 to 20 feet of 3/4 tubing to extend your drain and fill hose, if you want them in the back of the boat (for better draining).

2 3/4 female to 3/4 hose barb fittings (from hardware store) to connect to the 2 drain bilge pumps.

The install took about 3 hours. I was also putting in a integrated bow ballast at the same time so I'm not really sure.

If you don't have to keep going to the hardware store It would be pretty fast. So get all your fittings first.

integrated bow ballast

Do you mean hidden? If so where are you getting it at we bought 600's for the rear and are taking the 340's up to the bow with the lead.

Did you take any install pictures?