Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefooting Basics ?

Slider

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• martho

• Slider

• BarefootOz

I revised the links according to the host (Streamload) reccomendations.

Supposedly they won't drop off with the revised links. Good luck.

pb.

Since we are putting videos up on footing, here's one of Billfooter and myself doing a double backdeep longline.

backdeep doubles

Yahoo.gif

We didn't get to go long because another boat was coming. Cry.gif

Edited by Sunset_Bob

A while back, someone suggested using a binding-less wakeboard. That works, but I learned on one of those "soft" surfboards. They're super big and buoyant so you can get in good position at like 10-15 mph. They are less prone to bouncing because they are flexible, and they have a ton of surface area which you can utilize when learning back deeps. It's also very stable which is good because keeping control while straddling something in the water can be testing.

Also, have an experinced driver. They'll know when you in good enough position to give you the gas as opposed to just lettin 'er rip whcih will save you many falls.

I haven't read the whole thread, but shoe skis are great to start on. You can work on body position before going full speed and they're more forgiving. Don't get frustrated! You can do it!