Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Website Ideas

Madmanacrossthewater

The No-Wake site has a section of "New Owners" where they take photos of customers standing in front of their new boat the day the take delivery. I find that area interesting on a couple of levels. First, I'm not above admitting it was cool to have my pic on the site with my new Bu. Second, you can flip through the pics of recent pics and get color ideas - and make sure you're not ordering the same boat someone just picked up. Third, you can figure out who's in the new Bu you just saw at the lake. Finally, you can tell your distant friends or relatives to check out the site to see your new ride.

No-wake also has a video section of some of their riders. It's pretty cool to see the local guys ripping it up. It also reinforces the idea that they're as serious about sports performance as I am. It lends a bit more user credibility. This would be especially true if you sell more than one type boat. For example, I'd be suspicious of anyone giving me advice on an inboard ski boat who's also selling bass boats and yachts.

Ditto the ideas on keeping it up to date and loading it with photos. I think you should have some photos of the details of the boats - storage areas (empty and full), hulls, tower mounts, speakers, biminis, trailers, options etc. The pics of a new Bu on Lake Meade are great, but not always helpful when deciding how to equip your new boat.

The No-Wake site has a section of "New Owners" where they take photos of customers standing in front of their new boat the day the take delivery. I find that area interesting on a couple of levels. First, I'm not above admitting it was cool to have my pic on the site with my new Bu. Second, you can flip through the pics of recent pics and get color ideas - and make sure you're not ordering the same boat someone just picked up. Third, you can figure out who's in the new Bu you just saw at the lake. Finally, you can tell your distant friends or relatives to check out the site to see your new ride.

No-wake also has a video section of some of their riders. It's pretty cool to see the local guys ripping it up. It also reinforces the idea that they're as serious about sports performance as I am. It lends a bit more user credibility. This would be especially true if you sell more than one type boat. For example, I'd be suspicious of anyone giving me advice on an inboard ski boat who's also selling bass boats and yachts.

Ditto the ideas on keeping it up to date and loading it with photos. I think you should have some photos of the details of the boats - storage areas (empty and full), hulls, tower mounts, speakers, biminis, trailers, options etc. The pics of a new Bu on Lake Meade are great, but not always helpful when deciding how to equip your new boat.

I am actually going to see those NW guys this week, and hope to get some ideas from them as well. New Owners Page is always cool on any site, I agree. I also plan on doing an event page, with pics of functions we have done/do with staff and customers. I had little to no support on the current site, so I am excited to have this opportunity to do it right. Thanks for the feedback LouDoc, much appreciated.

Madman