Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help buying a V-Ride...

salsajs3030

Another difference.... with the additional bow weight, the VTX seems to crash thru oposing wakes & settle down quicker than the Vride. But even the Vride does it better with the mid ship tank full than with it empty.

The bottom line is if your the kind of rider who can deal with a little chop, the VTX might give you a slightly more steady & consistent handle. But even the Vride has a much steadier pull than other boats I ride behind occasionally (ahem..... 07 Calabria Pro-V).

But the wakes were pretty close to the same, possibly a bit wider behind the VTX at 80' back.

The main difference I saw was in the size of the interior & the little blingy touches all over.

Assume both the VTX and the V-Ride has the same amount of weight in it, would would be the difference?

From looking at those links, looks like the VTX is a steeper and has a lip at the top -whereas the V-ride does not.

Also, while checking out the 07 VTX's I noticed that the hull design is "cut diamond", and the Vride is SV23 wake...what difference is the diamond and the wake?

Edited by salsajs3030
But the wakes were pretty close to the same, possibly a bit wider behind the VTX at 80' back.

The main difference I saw was in the size of the interior & the little blingy touches all over.

Assume both the VTX and the V-Ride has the same amount of weight in it, would would be the difference?

That's the question I'm really after.

Your talking really subtle differences..... if any.

From looking at those links, looks like the VTX is a steeper and has a lip at the top -whereas the V-ride does not.

Also, while checking out the 07 VTX's I noticed that the hull design is "cut diamond", and the Vride is SV23 wake...what difference is the diamond and the wake?

cut diamond is a better "all around" hull for those who are going to be tryin to use the boat for both wakeboarding and skiing

Wake......is just that......and I've read a bunch of posts where skiers don't like it.........sounds like the hull for you!! :)

HAHA...100% wakeboard. Its so difficult when you get down to the decision making process, I have to ride behind a vride to see for myself I guess. The only VTX I have ridden behind was saced out and took about 3 minutes to get on plane (it needed a re-prop badly).

I wouldn't be afraid of the cut diamond on the VTX. I have been told the cut diamond has less of a "lip" vs. a standard v25 hull.

bs001 must be a wake technician. I have never actually measured the width of my wake as I have added bow weight. :) 4in on my measuring stick isn't all that far :)

I will also add that I have never ran my boat without bow weight. I can imagine that the boat would definitely porpuos during a double up and would take longer to get on plane without the bow weight.

I wouldn't be afraid of the cut diamond on the VTX. I have been told the cut diamond has less of a "lip" vs. a standard v25 hull.

bs001 must be a wake technician. I have never actually measured the width of my wake as I have added bow weight. :) 4in on my measuring stick isn't all that far :)

I will also add that I have never ran my boat without bow weight. I can imagine that the boat would definitely porpuos during a double up and would take longer to get on plane without the bow weight.

4' was just a guesstimate :) but your wake WILL be noticeably wider with bow weight. we used to run the boats that we ride behind (07 vride, 06 x2) without bow weight and when we started adding sacks in the front those who could barely clear the wake before were now landing in the center.....those who were landing out in the flats were now hitting the transitions, etc.....(and is "wake technician" really a job? where can I apply?)

4' was just a guesstimate :) but your wake WILL be noticeably wider with bow weight. we used to run the boats that we ride behind (07 vride, 06 x2) without bow weight and when we started adding sacks in the front those who could barely clear the wake before were now landing in the center.....those who were landing out in the flats were now hitting the transitions, etc.....(and is "wake technician" really a job? where can I apply?)

OOOPS - I read wrong 4 feet is noticeable vs. 4 in...geesh.

If you read the descriptions the VTX is running with a wedge and the 1997 VLX (same hull as the pre-2009 vRide ??) is not using the wedge. The wedge does exactly what you have noticed, make the wake a little steeper and gives it more of a lip. I'm guessing if the "vRide" had the wedge it would look similar.

I'm not sure I would compare the pictures directly, 4 feet of water doesn't really let the wake build up. If you don't believe me find a lake that has a deep section and a shallow section, set the boat and watch the wake drop off as you drive into the shallow section.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier