Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Care?

My biggest pet peave are friends that put on the tanning oil!!! That crap is slippery and just plain nasty!!! The people that use it on my boat swears it gives them a better tan, but I have a better tan than they do. I use the spray on 30 spf that you dont have to rub in. I hate getting the sunscreen on my hands and then trying to ski or wakeboard. It seems like that stuff never comes off.

Rant off!!

I like the 303 and magic erasers also!!

My boat came with a recommendation from the vinyl manufacturer and it said 303 for protecting the seats/vinyl, and Fantastic with soft bristle brush for stains. Has worked every time for me and I can not tell any difference in my seats after two years.

The worst stain I have had was from some board shorts where blue dye rubbed into the driver's seat during a day in heavy chop. Chunked the shorts, and was able to remove all the stains with Fantastic and brush.

It's a boat so it is going to get dirty. I wipe my seats down after every use but my dealer gave me a good tip for when the seats get dingy. Use Softscrub with Bleach mixed with water then recondition the vinyl with 303 Fabric Protectant. For really tough stains or marks you can use Magic Eraser then 303. Have fun!

No need for any harsh chemicals. Magic Eraser works for everything; dock scuffs seats, fiberglass, plastic walkway scuffs, everything. I buy them by the case. Sams club has a plastic bin of 10 for like $6.88. I buy 3 or 4 of those at a time. I love the eraser challenge. The kids get a rag and any cleaner they choose. I get only the magic eraser and water. (Ring it out until it is barely damp for best performance). Magic eraser wins every time. It even takes paint scuffs off my truck bumpers. ( I have 4 teenagers). When I go to the supersonic car wash, I love to set up the guys by pointing to spots and saying..."cant you get that off?" They try every thing in there magic potion spot remover kit and when they have failed, I use the Magic Eraser with like three swipes and it is gone and I say "never mind...I got it." But I agree...follow up with the 303 Fabric Protectant.

yikes, you do realize that the Magic Erasers are like a fine sandpaper right ?

I would not use them on anything but the seats but even then I only do that once a year. Can't believe you would actually use them on your gelcoat or car.

Not so. I tested it out on several spots...it is too soft and does not cause micro scratches. I polished and the spots I used the Magic Eraser on and had no difference between that and the rest of the boat and I put a magnifying glass to it. And it is a thousand times better than a rubbing compound and even softer than a terry cloth towell. It is true that it works like sand paper but on a such a micro scale that it cannot create scratches that are at all visble. At least my boat still waxes up beautiful with no problems...look at my album.

Since no one else has said it, I use Babe's Seat Soap for cleaning and follow it up with Babe's Seat Saver. I like it better than 303...has a nice smell and leaves the vinyl feeling soft and supple without being slippery like 303, plus it has the same UV protectant in it. I have both, but prefer the Babes's for my vinyl.

Plus1.gif I use the Babe's products on my interior and exterior of the Bu as well. Love the stuff. Also use magic eraser's for the really tough stains and my once a year "thorough cleaning". They work great! I agree that the Babe's seat saver does not feel as slippery as the 303, but to each his own. I do know one thing, our Bu is 9 years old and has 980 hours and many people still mistake it for a 2 or 3 year boat! Thumbup.gif