Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Fault-Service Required

I installed a new B temp sensor on the port side of our V-drive (The A side is the same side as the 1-3-5-7 cylinders and the B sensor goes on the 2-4-6-8 side) and the fault code is still there. Apparently, they have to be run from cold to hot three times for the code to clear. The service bulletin that addresses the CAT TEMP sensors states that the system tests the senors when the engine is run over 3600 rmps for at least 90 seconds and then idle for 2 minutes. The next time the engine is run in the same manner, it checks the sensor on the other side.

I'll let you know if the codes disappear.

old post but anyway..

our stupid cyprus dealer( hope his ex dealer now for malibu) never bothered to recall throttle and we only found out thsi year there was a recall on 08 340 monsoons..

through an excellent dealer in europe who was very helpful and also thanks to malibu USA who sent us out one ! our boat has 180 hours on it and still has the original throttle ..still works perfect...

we had the warning problem and sensor was changed and is now fine.. so its not the throttle replacement that sent of the sensors .

now we have a 2011 vlx, and the throttle doesnt have the neatral buttom on the throttle ..heard they put it again in the 2010 and changed it again on the 2011.. that button was helpful when

flushing engine..

as for the 08 engine perfect,gearbox perfect.. small problem with lights and mux replaced under warranty with no hussle ..

malibu makes great boats and indmar make great engines !

anyone looking to buy in europe i can send you to the guy we got new boat from ! he is a gentleman and unlike old malibu dealer in cyprus ..will help you out and get you best price and when there is a recall

he will tell you and give you parts !

• 3 years later...

I have just encountered the Service required with a fault code SPN 65672 CM 0 VOLTAGE SHORT OR ABOVE NORMAL RNG FMI. However I have no reference to CAT_B_TEMPSENSOR unless its hidden somewhere. Could this also be the CAT TEMP SENSOR and if so how do which sensor to replace?

Thank You

Greg