Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's time for the '09's

Malibudude

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

• SmoothWaterMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have an 07 LSV or 08 VLX I wouldn't worry too much about resale because of the new Ride Series. The economy/gas prices/used boat market in general are going to effect your resale more than anything. I have seen more pics of the new Ride Series, and IMO, the new graphics/gel pattern option are ugly. The boat also won't have anywhere near the fit and finish that it's predecessors had and I've heard bow ballast may not even be an option. The price increase on the 09's should also help, the new VLX is gonna have a base MSRP around 62k.

The picture on page 1 of this thread shows the 23 vRide with the bow ballast. I would hope that this will be an option, they would be stupid not to include it.

Here is a brief synopsis of the '09 boat line up.

Malibu Boats placed the 2008 Boat of the Year trophy on the shelf in May, their 7th straight, and then got right back to work. The result of this unwavering effort is five amazing new 2009 models and a host of ground-breaking features and options. Malibu is pushing limits with the new Wakesetter VLX, Sunscape 21 LSV, 21 vRide, 23 vRide and Response FXi. The VLX was designed in a 3D environment and optimized for big wake sports, but that’s not all. From the wakeboard performance hull to the uniquely styled coves carved into the sides to the new hand-wrapped dash, the Wakesetter VLX could be Malibu’s best model introduction ever. The Sunscape 21 LSV rules the water on Diamonized hull made to displace less water at skiing speeds for a great ski wake and an awesome rough water ride. This Malibu radiates a sophisticated yet aggressive sense of style, with luxurious, hand-wrapped interior appointments and a new dash that incorporates all the greatest Malibu innovations with ergonomics reserved for only the finest cockpits. Malibu’s Ride Series has been completely redesigned for 2009 with the introduction of the 21 and 23 vRides. These two boats elevate the entire segment of value-class boats. Measuring 21.5 and 23 feet, respectively, these v-drive boats accommodate large families as well as pro riders and World-renown tournaments like Wakestock. Malibu rounds out their ‘09 model introductions with the new Response FXi This professional-level slalom boat offers more room for family and provides great water sports cross-over to satisfy everyone on the boat. Many of the 2009 models are infused with features like Rider Presets, Precision Pro Speed Control, a new Auto Wedge feature, the MH2 frameless windshield, LCD enabled MUX switches, Shift-by-wire Throttle System and new below-deck cast stainless steal grab handles. And perhaps one of the most significant developments for the 2009 line-up is the new color LCD dash system Malibu has dubbed MaliView. This a 6.5” color display allows the driver to control more of the boat’s function and makes a day on the lake even more fun in a Malibu.

Here is the interior of the '09 VLX with the optional new dash LCD panel.

gallery_6_44_51793.jpg

gallery_6_44_41445.jpg

Malibu Boats placed the 2008 Boat of the Year trophy on the shelf in May, their 7th straight, and then got right back to work. The result of this unwavering effort is five amazing new 2009 models and a host of ground-breaking features and options. Malibu is pushing limits with the new Wakesetter VLX, Sunscape 21 LSV, 21 vRide, 23 vRide and Response FXi. The VLX was designed in a 3D environment and optimized for big wake sports, but that’s not all. From the wakeboard performance hull to the uniquely styled coves carved into the sides to the new hand-wrapped dash, the Wakesetter VLX could be Malibu’s best model introduction ever. The Sunscape 21 LSV rules the water on Diamonized hull made to displace less water at skiing speeds for a great ski wake and an awesome rough water ride. This Malibu radiates a sophisticated yet aggressive sense of style, with luxurious, hand-wrapped interior appointments and a new dash that incorporates all the greatest Malibu innovations with ergonomics reserved for only the finest cockpits. Malibu’s Ride Series has been completely redesigned for 2009 with the introduction of the 21 and 23 vRides. These two boats elevate the entire segment of value-class boats. Measuring 21.5 and 23 feet, respectively, these v-drive boats accommodate large families as well as pro riders and World-renown tournaments like Wakestock. Malibu rounds out their ‘09 model introductions with the new Response FXi This professional-level slalom boat offers more room for family and provides great water sports cross-over to satisfy everyone on the boat. Many of the 2009 models are infused with features like Rider Presets, Precision Pro Speed Control, a new Auto Wedge feature, the MH2 frameless windshield, LCD enabled MUX switches, Shift-by-wire Throttle System and new below-deck cast stainless steal grab handles. And perhaps one of the most significant developments for the 2009 line-up is the new color LCD dash system Malibu has dubbed MaliView. This a 6.5” color display allows the driver to control more of the boat’s function and makes a day on the lake even more fun in a Malibu.

gallery_6_44_51793.jpg

gallery_6_44_41445.jpg

That dash looks unreal! I really like it, will that be avail. on all 09's or just the VLX?

gallery_6_44_51793.jpg

gallery_6_44_41445.jpg

DANG that's way nicer than the LSV. They definetely saved the best for last.

As long as they don't offer that dash up in the 247 for the next few years I am golden.....otherwise I will have to explain to the CFO why we NEED a new boat just because of the new design.

Man I like that dash and can't wait to see it in person. I'm so glad the local MC deal is not selling Bu so that I don't have to drive across town to see them.

The long awaited LXi classic replacement is here!!! I like that FXi concept! I think they'll sell a ton of those.

Why? The greatness of the slxi is that it was almost a 22' boat with a great wake, and was the longer alternative to the response. The fxi is now shorter than the r, rlx, and rlxi. How is that a slxi replacement and who do you see buying that wouldn't just get the rlxi?

The long awaited LXi classic replacement is here!!! I like that FXi concept! I think they'll sell a ton of those.

Why? The greatness of the slxi is that it was almost a 22' boat with a great wake, and was the longer alternative to the response. The fxi is now shorter than the r, rlx, and rlxi. How is that a slxi replacement and who do you see buying that wouldn't just get the rlxi?

From the pictures it looks like the new RFXi has more freeboard than a response, so that may appeal to the family with smaller children or those on rougher lakes.

If that was intended to be a replacement for the SSLXi 'classic', I would be interested. But I, too, would wonder what would be lost in a boat that is 20" shorter. It looks like the 8" 'overhang' from the rear of the SSLXi is gone, so maybe a trunk smaller by 8" (not good) which leaves another 12" gone from the interior.

If they really wanted to try to appeal to the SSLXi buyer, that 8" overhang on the rear would have been a great step towards that end.

It's a good looking boat, however, and if my dealer gets one in stock I'll go take a look at it.

From the pictures it looks like the new RFXi has more freeboard than a response, so that may appeal to the family with smaller children or those on rougher lakes.

If that was intended to be a replacement for the SSLXi 'classic', I would be interested. But I, too, would wonder what would be lost in a boat that is 20" shorter. It looks like the 8" 'overhang' from the rear of the SSLXi is gone, so maybe a trunk smaller by 8" (not good) which leaves another 12" gone from the interior.

If they really wanted to try to appeal to the SSLXi buyer, that 8" overhang on the rear would have been a great step towards that end.

It's a good looking boat, however, and if my dealer gets one in stock I'll go take a look at it.

It's a 20' boat so it's not shorter than the RLX or R. It's on a fantastic slalom wake and is a DD that you can fit a lot of people/gear in. It has a higher freeboard than the RLX or RLXi. This hull with the V drive configuration is the best skiing V drive on the market so you can pretty safely assume it's going to ski even better with the DD configuration. It's the first boat in a long time for the guy who needs more space than you get out of a tournament open bow boat but wants DD handling, performance, and wakes. What it lacks in length it makes up in width. It should have a real spacious feel. The 20VTX/LSV has more interior room than our 21 VLX due to the extra width.

You're right on the length of R and RLX. I had iride on the brain. Either way though, I think we'd agree that the fxi is competing more against the rlxi than rlx, which all I'm saying is, it doesn't do so as well as the classic sunsetter lxi. But you make a good point about the width v. length argument, I just don't see that many people springing for it, or if they do, rlxi sales will slump.

Wow! That dash is starting to look like a Lexus or Acura... I bet it looks kick @ss at night time. However, I'd be a little concerned about the electronics holding up over 10 or 15 years of hard wave hits, wet hands and errant splashes??? From my experience with cars, when the electronic dash or NAV goes on the fritz, you're gonna have to dig beep into your wallet.

I wonder if they will integrate WiFi into that LCD screen so I can surf this website for tips while I'm pulling boarders??? Whistling.gif

Edited by Cory

Very nice indeed. Although I'm not crazy about the speakers in the rear seat backrest nor the windshield, overall, it looks very impressive and seems to carry on the Malibu tradition of a quality and a well appointed boat.

So, still no exterior pics yet? Any changes to the gel coat scheme, or will the classic and progressive schemes still be out there?

Edited by 2THEL8K

The "All Off" button on the LCD panel is a feature I wish I had on my LCD panel. Is there any way we can get a software update in the '08 LCD panels to add the same functionality? Whistling.gif I find it easy to accidentally leave something on in the LCD panels if I'm not careful.

Is that a push-button start I see in the photo? Will we still need keys? :)

The "All Off" button on the LCD panel is a feature I wish I had on my LCD panel. Is there any way we can get a software update in the '08 LCD panels to add the same functionality? Whistling.gif I find it easy to accidentally leave something on in the LCD panels if I'm not careful.

Is that a push-button start I see in the photo? Will we still need keys? :)

I would hope they will offer a software update. there should be no reason why they couldn't.

You're right on the length of R and RLX. I had iride on the brain. Either way though, I think we'd agree that the fxi is competing more against the rlxi than rlx, which all I'm saying is, it doesn't do so as well as the classic sunsetter lxi. But you make a good point about the width v. length argument, I just don't see that many people springing for it, or if they do, rlxi sales will slump.

Also, while swapping width for length may give the same or better interior space as the SLXi 'Classic', one big advantage of the old SLXi was its ability to do it all- including run the course with competence. With a 98" beam, the new FXi is a pretty wide ride to run between the boat guides.

Between this & the VTX, though, it may push the RLXi further into the increasingly narrow core slalom niche.

Also, while swapping width for length may give the same or better interior space as the SLXi 'Classic', one big advantage of the old SLXi was its ability to do it all- including run the course with competence. With a 98" beam, the new FXi is a pretty wide ride to run between the boat guides.

Between this & the VTX, though, it may push the RLXi further into the increasingly narrow core slalom niche.

This is true. Our VLX is a solid course performer for a V drive, but it does require care to not run over buoys. It'll be even harder with this rig's width although I'm sure the tracking is better than our pre-gorilla-fin VLX. The side spray does a pretty good job of clearing the guides in most cases.