Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's time for the '09's

Malibudude

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

• Matt_Alger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyoune know if Malibu is placing the swim platform lower on the hull ,then in previous years. MC does this and it wreaks havoc on your surf wake. The swim platform is always cutting the wake in half,causing a small secondary lip. Whose going to buy one and find out how it surfs? Let me know.

I like the look of the 09 and it looks like you could slam that thing for a huge wake Thumbup.gif, but I love my boat and won't being buying a new one but will gladly test the wake for comparison. I do like the tower, and the fact that the grab rail is gone up front. Can't wait to see it in person.

I also love the new display console...

I'm guessing not as many people drive at night, even with the current LCD display on the console (like my 07 VRide) it is hell to drive at night. Pretty much impossible to see anything if the interior lights are on. There is no way your eyes could adjust to the darkness then glance down at this display that is super/laptop bright and still beable to see where you are going.

Also, sad they are picking up the new VLX hull in the VRide. Not because of resale or anything. Because all these boats keep getting heavier and heavier. Living on a private lake with a 3100 lbs weight limit and 21 ft length limit made the current V-Ride the perfect boat for us, there are many of them on my lake.

Now that Malibu, CC, MC, and Tige don't offer a wakeboat that i can buy, my only option to buy new would be a Moomba pretty much.

Guess i'm just going to have to keep my 07 V-Ride for ever!!!

I'm guessing not as many people drive at night, even with the current LCD display on the console (like my 07 VRide) it is hell to drive at night. Pretty much impossible to see anything if the interior lights are on. There is no way your eyes could adjust to the darkness then glance down at this display that is super/laptop bright and still beable to see where you are going.

The 08+ dash incorporates dimming capabilities.

You sure about that Jack? I'm betting Peter said 'dim-whit', not 'dim-watt', when he delivered your boat. Tease2.gif

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

You sure about that Jack? I'm betting Peter said 'dim-whit', not 'dim-watt', when he delivered your boat. Tease2.gif

Watt? Watt did you say? Like most people around you, I wasn't listening. Tongue.gif

Does that surprise you....thats how the dealers treat our boats at least thats how mine have been treated... to go in spotless come out all scratched up... boat and trailer. Mad.gif

And yes it does bother me that they show it beached Dontknow.gif

Am I the only one that is bothered by the "beached" Bu? I can't believe they posted that shot.
Am I the only one that is bothered by the "beached" Bu? I can't believe they posted that shot.

They've done it for years and after looking at some of the photo shoot boats I didn't see any damage at the bow. FYI there is someone on the other side holding the boat.

Look at this from '96...

post-6-1216755193_thumb.jpg

Yea I had my boat out at night for the first time and the bright gray screen where the cruise and ballast screen is was blinding, but the red on the other gauges where awesome, I just covered the ballast screen with a towel so I could see better. Hopefully they have thought about that with the new computer screen.

Looking at those pics makes me want a new boat! Thumbup.gif

I love my boat and will hold on to it for a bit longer but im thinking a 2010 ride 23ft will be the boat for me.( minus the goofy ride stickers)

Does the sharp point on this vent behind the bow cushion concern anyone other than me?

604814.jpg

It does look like it could be trouble, I see a little gap. It will eventually snag something and probably bend.

Or cause a blood stain. :unsure:

Edited by bigD

The vent is back too far to get it from sitting in the seat. I suppose if you sit up on top of the vent bubble you may want to be careful.. ;)

MaliView is an available option, and I think it's very very cool.

Peter

Seeing the 09 VLX pictures is almost enough to make me switch from the 23. Wonder how long it will be before some of the VLX styling queues make it to the 23, or if they ever will??

The vent is back too far to get it from sitting in the seat. I suppose if you sit up on top of the vent bubble you may want to be careful.. ;)

Peter

I was thinking more along the lines of a towel or the boat cover going on or off catching it. But don't get me wrong, I like it ! And I would buy one and deal with it.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but when does Malibu normally update their website with the next model year lineup?

Usually about 2 months after all the other manufacturers have updated their sites with '09 information. Whistling.gif Seriously, this is one area where Malibu really lags. Shouldn't the web site switch to '09 (with '08 information still available) as soon as the factory model year switch takes place? I guess if you have to cut back somewhere this is where it happens.

I believe the last couple of years there was some '09 information available by the end of July with the full and/or functioning version of the site happening some time in August. Last year they had some real problems with the speed and functionality of the "build-a-boat".

Thanks for sharing the link. Drool.gif This site definitely encourages money to fly out of your pocket. Love all the changes to the 09 VLX, expect for the windshield. I think the new windshield is all for and no function plus I just don't like the form. That said if I were on the fense about getting a new boat, I'd be jumping on the 09 VLX.