Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gas Mileage in your truck (towing)

hawaiianstyln

I average 16 MPG (with high mt. passes) towing my 08 23LSV loaded down. 18+MPG if i don't have to go over the passes. I tow with an 08 VW Touareg V10 TDI. Tows like a dream... never over 2K RPM on the steep hills... not sure it ever downshifts from 6th.

How many does that seat and what is your millage without towing? Dontknow.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• hawaiianstyln

• Arctic Slalom

• WakeGirl

I am getting about 12 mpg with my 2001 f250 superduty 4x4 5.4 v8.I installed the following, bbk headers, cat back flowmaster 3 inch exhaust,bbk 80mm throttle body,k&n drop in filter and a hypertech tuner. Mpg is about the same pulling my echelon or enclosed snowmobile trailer. Thank god I live on a lake and only trailer the bu a few times a season to another lake 30 miles away,winter is another story ouch!!!!!

martinarcher
I get 7-8mpg no matter what, boat or no boat. 71' Ford F250 with a 390, an Edelbrock 4bbl, Holly Dominator Intake, 4.10 rear end and an NP 4 speed. She's thirsty!

Classic truck, classic boat, but then a tower loaded with geekboards... Just doesn't look like it fits the theme. :)

I know - I ruined it! Oh well it was all done in the name of fun!

Take the Skier script off and make it a Malibu Boarder. :)

I like the way you think! I bet I would take a rash of $@^! from the slalom guys. I've run the course a half a dozen times, but I'm still working on getting all the balls - by the second ball of the course I'm grabbing the inside sissy balls. Whistling.gif I need someone to help me with a real lesson on how to run a skinny stick!

I get about 16 in my 3/4 ton Escalade ESV, it doesn't even notice the boat is there, just set the cruise control for 75-80 and roll along, but it gets the same without the boat. We need the space though for the 4 kids and their stuff.

My Z71 silverado with the 5.3 gets about 14 towing and 18+ regular highway driving, but it definately struggles to keep 75 with the Bu in tow.

I get about 16 in my 3/4 ton Escalade ESV, it doesn't even notice the boat is there, just set the cruise control for 75-80 and roll along, but it gets the same without the boat. We need the space though for the 4 kids and their stuff.

My Z71 silverado with the 5.3 gets about 14 towing and 18+ regular highway driving, but it definately struggles to keep 75 with the Bu in tow.

I didn't know they made 3/4 ton Escalade ESV - are all ESV's 3/4 ton? Secondly i find it hard to believe it gets 16mpg?!

Just curious of what kind of gas mileage some of you are getting in your gas engine trucks when towing? I have a chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab with 5.3 engine, K&N intake, Dual Exhaust, power programmer and wanted to compare. My MPG seem very low when towing my VLX on the highway, compared to driving on the highway not towing. This morning I drove to work 22 miles and averaged 23 mpg driving 67 mph all the way there. However, when I tow on the highway, it seems like I average about 11 mpg or maybe even a bit lower than that. Ughhh. I'm sure I would get better MPG in a diesal, but the price for diesal is exactly 1 dollar more per gallon that 87 octane gas.

I usually get about 17 MPG at about 40 mph in my Range Rover. Shocking - I was expecting much worse!

Got a 2009 GMC 2500HD with 4.10 gears. I get about 10 with my wakesetter VLX and my truck fully loaded and up to 14-15 with no boat. I love the setup eventhough the gas mileage isn't Ideal.

Edited by bu2007vlx

I had a 2002 Suburan Z71 and got about 12mpg when towing the boat. After some jerk totaled that car we replaced it with an 03 Suburan. Now I get about 12mpg when towing the boat. Whistling.gif But hey, it's a newer car and a nicer color (or so my wife says). I figure if I can't afford the gas, I can't afford the boat.

I get terrible mileage! I've got an 88 f250 super duty with a 460. It gets about 9 highway empty and around 7 maybe 8 towing my skier.

I get terrible mileage.

I own Dodge.

Enough said.

Ok, I'll say a bit more. It seems that Chrysler products always get crappier mileage than most other vehicles. What's up with that?