Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is it possible to drive your boat too hard?

Malibusteve

I got a question for you guys on this thread. I did a power slide once in my 98 VLX last year and when i pulled of the lake i a bunch of trans fluid in the well. I cleaned it all up looked for leaks but couldn't find anything. The rest of the year went fine and then yesterday took a WOT turn (nowhere near a power sldie just a turn around) and i had more trans fluid in the well. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

All

My kids love power turns...my wife does not. I only get to do a powerturn when she is not around, my boat has done 4 not that anyone is counting.

Power turns are hardest on the strut. They're really not too hard on the rest of the boat. I wouldn't worry about the occasional power-turn.

Power turns are also hard on the passengers that do not have a good grip. I've seen pictures of missing teeth and read of passengers actually thrown from the boat. If you want a machine for power turns get a jet ski. Fingerwag.gif

well you have to be smart about how you do them and tell people when they're coming. If don't want to do bat turns, get a Bayliner. Fingerwag.gif

My kids love power turns...my wife does not.

Same here. So my son does them while he drives. . . :lol:

The evil eye has a lot of power my daughter wouldn't dare. Pushin mom off the boat, but doing the power turn...oh boy.

I would advise never doing power turns, throwing people from the boat, or turning a closed-bow direct-drive into a u-boat. I've never done any of the preceding, honest. Whistling.gif

Edited by jjackkrash

Power turns are also hard on the passengers that do not have a good grip. I've seen pictures of missing teeth and read of passengers actually thrown from the boat. If you want a machine for power turns get a jet ski. Fingerwag.gif

well you have to be smart about how you do them and tell people when they're coming. If don't want to do bat turns, get a Bayliner. Fingerwag.gif

Or get the jet ski!!!!!!!!!!! Yuk.gif Since that is what you are mimicking. :Doh:

Aaaahhhh I dunno about that. Sorta like saying don't accelerate or corner your Porsche too hard 'cause you're acting like a motorcycle. Crazy.gif

Can't we all just get along? Biggrin.gif

I used to do them all the time in my old boat, 98 Tige 22i (direct drive). It had that flat bottom on the rear that would break loose and spin on a dime. Never had a problem with the boat due to them. Always gave a head up to the passengers and usually did them on an isolated part of the lake with smooth water. Killer sensation! And if you've come from an I/O boat, really makes you appreciate how bad a$$ tournament boats are and what they are capable of.

I tried one with my new boat, and could not get it to break loose, so no more.