Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rear ballasts not filling on 2005 vlx ws

My 2 rear ballasts are not filling: 1 can hear one pump working but shows empty and the other trips the fuse in 5-10 seconds. Help Cry.gif

Starting with the basics - be sure the valve is open if you have one between the pump and hull.

There may be some debris in the other one thats keeping it from spinning and causing a fuse to trip.

• 3 weeks later...
Starting with the basics - be sure the valve is open if you have one between the pump and hull.

There may be some debris in the other one thats keeping it from spinning and causing a fuse to trip.

The pump is not working either the fill or drain just on this ballast. Fuse? How to you access drain pump on this ballast? Is there a manual anywhere i can buy showing me the true set up of my boat?

My 2 rear ballasts are not filling: 1 can hear one pump working but shows empty and the other trips the fuse in 5-10 seconds. Help Cry.gif

Same thing happened to me with just one of my tanks, hit the switch and the breaker would trip immediately, not sure on an 05 but the pumps on my 06 are located on either side of the V-drive, i took the pump giving me troubles apart an noticed it had a hair line crack in it where the water could seep in which would short and trip the breaker. Called the dealer and they sent me out a re-placement on the bus on warranty Thumbup.gif , the stock pump on mine was brand Piranha. Hope this helps.