Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post-lake wipe down

Regardless of what you use, it will be a whole lot more effective if you start with a good base that's got a fresh coat of wax on it. Take the following with a grain of salt - I'm extremely picky with regard to the products that I use, & having a dark hull makes that anal-retentiveness worse. The midnight blue gel is almost (by a hair) as bad as black.

I've tried many of them over the years - Meguiar's Quick Detailer (not a fan, it required too much buffing for the results that you get), Eagle One Wax As U Dry (pretty good in a pinch), water/vinegar combo (even watered down it stripped wax in my case, so I only use it prior to a good detail), Meguiar's Water Spot Remover (not sure, but it might be exactly the same formula as their Quick Detailer), & Babe's to name a few. (I'm not a fan of the chamois, but to each their own. I prefer the microfiber detailing towels.) Babe's worked the best that I've found, particularly if you use it on the boat after you wax it before even taking it to the lake. It sort of "builds up" to prevent spotting, & wiping down on the ramp is easier than with the other products. It also extends the time in between waxings IMO, something that most of the other products didn't do. The only thing that I've found that works better is straight (full strength) vinegar, & sometimes that's necessary depending on the type of water that we've been on/in. The rentalake is particularly bad, full strength vinegar is the only stuff that I've seen that will touch those water spots & even then the boat needs a good polish & detail after a weekend of that treatment. JMO of course.

JMO is passive aggressive.... Be bold and declare your opinions as if they were rock solid facts.

Babe's Boat Bright for me. Keeps the wax on the boat and after a few wipings w/ vinegar and water I can start to tell that my wax base on my Bu is getting a bit less shiny. Don't seem to have that prob w/ the Babe's

I agree. If you have a good wax base, Babe's after every outing is all you'll need.

Babe's Boat Bright for me. Keeps the wax on the boat and after a few wipings w/ vinegar and water I can start to tell that my wax base on my Bu is getting a bit less shiny. Don't seem to have that prob w/ the Babe's

I agree. If you have a good wax base, Babe's after every outing is all you'll need.

Plus1.gif

BABE'S is a spray wax cleaner with UV Protectant, easy spray on wipe off, water spots are gone boat looks great.

I have used a product called protectol.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've used it on my motorcycle windscreens and helmet face shields for years. I bet it will work great on the boat!

Plus1.gif

Another Vote for Babes Boat Bright! I buy it by the gallon, about $28-30 but lasts a LONG time. I keep a bottle in the storage unit and I wipe down the outside with Babes and a detailing cotton cloth with little to no rubbing...it works GREAT!!!! Have used Meguiars and Eagle One and never thought they worked as well. Also support what WakeGirl was saying about a base coat. I try to start the season with 2 good coats of Zymol Marine Carnuba and then Babes after every use and it looks great! In fact, a guy the other day, thought my boat was brand new!!!! Thumbup.gif Its 4 years old!!! Thumbup.gif