Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gel Coat scratches from carpeted bunks!!!

Took a belt sander to the board, rounding off the inside edge to a radius of about 1", tapered back over a span of about 8".
Jerry, I know this will not be an issue for you, but I wonder if rounding the edges of the bunk creates less holding power for lateral g force. That is, the strakes will not be tightly against an edge as the trailer navigates corners on the highway.

I don't expect that the 8" those bunks were rounded off is going to have any effect on how well the trailer holds the boat in response to lateral g forces. Exactly how fast do you take corners with your boat in tow anyway, Jack? Crazy.gif

Well, thanks for your opinion, but I'd feel better hearing from some kind of engineer. As for the corners, I take them as fast as I can without losing the boat. Shocking.gif Though I don't have much mileage on my current trailer--maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile? Total. Unless it was dragged using it's wheels from Boatmate to Malibu. . .I'd have to ask about that. Pretty bad when your trailer has only ever traveled while being trailered. . . Biggrin.gif